Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:23 am 
spinning off from what josh said in this post

we should make sure that people in each living group with ≥3 coins in it has a mint

we probably don't want it to be public public who said person is even within each living group because mafia definitely wanna shank em

we do however want accountability, so that people get their coins back eventually. like, if we give each other coins randomly, consider the case where mafia accumulate enough coins to buy a mint and do so, but claim they never accrued enough coins. Everyone else also truthfully claims they never accrued enough coins. So there's a traitor in the midst but we can't know who it is? unless people keep track of who they gave their coins to and only reveal this info if a suspicious lack of a mint appears. i think that would work

I'm not totally sure what our ideal strategy should be wrt mints but we should do something. I think the thing I described should work fine but I'd love to hear feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:33 am 
I don't think mafia should or will care enough to shank people with mints in particular, given that most people will probably have similar item values. I think that not having item locations be public will just hurt town more in practice.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:46 pm 
I believe ksedlar is correct, though I don't think it makes much of a difference. If you DO give someone your item, make sure to tell another player that you've done so. This substantially increases our ability to maintain accountability regarding item locations.

In any case, I agree with the idea of farming coins by buying mints. Among other possibilities, having a bunch of tasers near the end of the game would be tremendously valuable.

Another really good reason to come to the meeting tonight!