Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:32 pm 
Just making this early. Remember that we still don't know where Swapnil's coin was.

By the way, fun fact: I was walking back from Asymptones sectional to West Campus, and when I was in Lobby 10, I ran into Swapnil. We both froze for a second, and then I pulled out my phone and started messaging people. After this, he proposed walking together to McCormick to eat dinner, which was odd given that he was literally walking the other way. I think I probably would have been dead if he had acted a bit quicker (or said freeze).

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 am 
That is very interesting! By the way, this is absolutely the type of thing to post ahead of time!

I'd like to talk about yesterday's events a bit. Does anybody have any particular thoughts about what happened. I'd be particularly interested in answers to these questions:

1. Which people were most influential in getting swapnilg executed? (I freely admit that I was lightly advocating for no execution -- though if I were mafia I almost certainly would have lied about the spirit search result.) Was there anybody else who you noticed pushing against executing swapnilg? Especially before it looked like a lost cause.

2. Did anybody talk with swapnilg about the game yesterday? What did he say? Did he express any suspicions or trust?

3. Any other thoughts or observations would be great!

Anyway, awesome job yesterday. We have now executed more mafia than we did in all of last game ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:10 am 
Basically, we know that swapnilg was mafia-aligned, and we can be reasonably confident that he did not know he would be caught. So any interactions with him could be useful to know about.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:47 am 

Around 6 or so on my way to Soul Food Night, I saw Swapnil sitting and texting in Lobby 10. I asked, “Are you still alive?” He responded “Yes” with a slight smile. As I continued down the corridor, I looked back a couple times just to make sure that he wasn’t following me. Before leaving for the Seminar XL, I also saw him walking towards the Soul Food line like he had just arrived at McCormick. Apparently, I was also fortunate to stay alive for Soul Food.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:38 pm 
jasonye told me before he died he was proxying through jwlw2022. Not super relevant, but since he's dead I might as well tell everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 pm 
Jason did ask me to be his primary proxy, but he never proxied anything through me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:44 pm 

If lilychen is executed tonight, do we want to use a shovel on her? It looks like she has transferred her items (publicly) so there won't be any dead giveaways like with swapnil's execution. I've heard evidence from some people that increase the plausibility that lily was framed, but we're going to need some evidence that is not in the form of a pair investigation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:47 pm 

What is the evidence that she was framed? I haven't seen any posted to the forums.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:51 pm 

In private discussion someone suggested to me that one of the people who had a good opportunity to kill jasonye was also a pair investigator (the information of the role was based on yesterday's interactions). It is not very strong evidence but I don't want to rule this possibility out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:56 pm 
Regrettably, I think the best option is to execute Lily :-(