Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 execution
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:43 pm 
kellyhe8u is executed! chiller receives a coin.

achester -> kellyhe8u
brunnerj -> kellyhe8u
chiller -> chiller
Daniel Grazian -> kellyhe8u
dledesma -> graceh
Farel22 -> graceh
graceh -> graceh
gurev -> lindrew
karengao -> karengao
kclisp -> kellyhe8u
kellyhe8u -> kellyhe8u
lindrew -> graceh
m2w -> kellyhe8u
mielu -> lindrew
pravinas -> pravinas
Sir Nicoeus -> graceh
sualeh -> sualeh
syoro -> lindrew

Post subject: Re: Day 4 execution
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 pm 
This is a nontrivial amount of people who voted for me - is this mostly because of the number of kills I could have made?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:47 pm 
killing kelly isn't a bad idea but may I ask why she was chosen? I don't really see any benefit in killing her over graceh.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:33 am 

D: rip

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:36 am 

A lot of people chose Kelly because Daniel Grazian suggested it. He didn’t give any reason though. People trust him because they believe he’s the one responsible for “killing 2 mafia” in the words of someone I don’t remember.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:40 am 

An investigation even showed that Kelly was more innocent than lindrew, which is not a perfect assessment but the way we’ve chosen who to execute in the past

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:45 am 
@Farel22 and others: yes, you absolutely can and should ask about what happened last night.

I suggested kellyhe pretty much arbitrarily from among inactive players. There was absolutely no reason to go for her over, say, graceh, other than that I know I'm good and I'd rather the choice be made arbitrarily than possibly be influenced by the mafia.

The people who trust me do so because I truthfully reported spirit search results that resulted in both swapnilg and lilychen being caught. In both cases if I had been mafia-aligned I almost certainly would have lied about the results.

As for advocating not executing lindrew, the reasons have already been mentioned by farel22 and others: I was cautious about a last-minute mob and (critically) thought there was little risk letting him live one more day. This was especially the case given that one of the pair investigations came from brunnerj, who I trust less than average right now (his actions seem to me a lot like mine last game: appearing to do a lot for town while not really accomplishing anything.)

I also hadn't realized that there were a full four pair investigations against lindrew. That's making lindrew look pretty bad, and if I were redoing the last 20 minutes of yesterday, I think I would have gone for executing lindrew.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 am 
If it turns out that lindrew is bad, then Brunnerj looks better. He wanted to investigate lindrew.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:01 pm 
This reasoning makes me feel better about the way things went last night. I did find it slightly strange that everyone who voted for kellyhe was in the same place last night but your explanation fits.