Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Serial Killer Notes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:50 pm 
I have no idea what Julia's plotting was and am interested to hear from her when she joins us.

Meanwhile, I'm pasting all the PMs I've gotten from chiller here, because it's interesting to know what the SKs are thinking.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:29 pm
Just realized my post may sound passive agressive its ofc not i will kill for this great game it is worth it #murderthemall

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 pm
splitter day 0
{ksedlar, achester, dgrazian, jasonye}
{chiller, sualeh, swapnilg}

(i hope thats a valid input plz lmk if i fucked it up somehow)
i see that splitter communication with mafia has sorta been eliminated, maybe if i do weird thinks they'll notice tho? idk prob, if theyre any good i can communicate with odd splitter sets. either way they basically deff gonna pick smaller set which gives incentive for me to be killed so i can plead guilty? also I guess i can let them know by failing to claim splitter although thats super sketch and works in basically no possible universe. town splitters proxy, so i better be ready to do that, hmmm. i guess i could be trying to trap them, so theyd have to verify by killing me instead of messaging me outright. i icould probably submit a splitter with my target for tomorrow which lets them know ill have done the kill.

very weird rules note: can I intentionally try to get a person i suspect will be murdered onto that days splitter and then not edit it. like katie will probably be killed day1/day2 if town, so like maybe if i submit myself, katie and some frosh in the smaller set i can use that to communicate "hey look im an odd splitter so not town also im actually just chiller" probably not a real issue anyway

I should get back to my pset....

GM REPLY
Yes, that's a valid set. Noted. 
Thanks for telling us your thoughts on game! That's a brilliant loophole in the rules you found - yes, if you submit a splitter set containing ksedlar while she's still alive and then she dies before end of day you can still have her in the set - but to make it not *too* abusable I'm going to rule that you can't submit your splitter sets more than 24 hours in advance (or rather, if you do and they become invalidated in the meantime then it's as if you submitted nothing).

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 am
splitter day 1
{brunnerj, achester, dgrazian, jasonye}
{chiller, ksedlar, swapnilg}

just to get it in early in case of kills will prob edit before day end unless katie dies ofc

my money is on dgrazian + jasonye mafia and picked themselves?

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:26 pm
splitter day 1 updated
{brunnerj, achester, dgrazian, jasonye}
{chiller, karengao, sualeh}

I have game thoughts, I'll rant some other time tho.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:42 pm
missed splitter
i guess i could if it gets to it I could tell the truth which is hosed and forgot but also i prob should stop submitting because splitters help town

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:31 pm
btw my plan is to kill josh, who seems to be hanging around random, probably tonight after day end, altho idk, also im not putting that much into game, will probably be lazy and kill someone at random, which i guess makes me sketchy, and is sad. i wonder though, i might be able to somehow do it in such a way that im not too heavily investigated for it idk

ill prob just kill josh and be caught rip, shouldve killed on thursday, much better chance of not being called out if happens on campus, better excuse for avoiding spirit search or whatever. i might wait till monday although this strategy is also pretty weak.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Serial Killer Notes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 am 
Chiller says:

Almost flattering to be pegged by farel as sk, reasoning is a bit off but whatevs.

Mafia could reasonably be able to know that I'm sk splitter by now? It should be obvious that I'm one of the people who would find it easiest to do a kill in random.

Will maybe post

"My uncle was here for weekend and prioritized that over interacting with game also I'm pretty hosed

I'm got something of a cold now and so am just staying in bed for today (time to read missed threads?)

I've mostly just interacted with game by doing my role when I can, I'll probably start shooting out quasicoherent wacky theories at some later point if alive"

But honestly pretending not to exist has been working fine and I should stay this way until poked

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:47 am 
SUBJ: shoot
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:50 am

seems mollie was mafia, and nico almost def wasn't, like no actual reason to think nico is bad.

hmm there may just be me and another sk? i should prob shovel molllie. i should also prob mssg achester, claim to have been super hosed, and reveal role as splitter? prob not, should hide that im splitter, wouldnt want to give town more investigations. is there anything else i might be able to claim? prob easiest to be honest, but town having investigations makes game unwinnable. mafia getting the investos on the other hand...

possible worlds: (1) mollie is bad, achester tells truth. (2) achester+gurev bad? doesnt even make much sense

i flip my first coin, if heads, flip my second coin.

i should prob roleclaim secret admirer, do they get notified?

SUBJ: shovel mollie
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:07 am

I assume I can buy and use a shovel on mollie and this costs 1 coin, so I do this thing in order to know whether I live in a whacky world in which achester isn't bad somehow.

Before my purchase however, I'd like to flip my coin A, if heads flip coin B, tails flip coin A, repeat until process terminates.

maybe super conspiracy mollie suicides in order to give achester gurevs trust idk i think im just screwed rip. best way forward is manipulate lynches by supporting silly townie ideas id say. at least im not mafia so cant end up outing myself by using info i shouldnt have as town in my advocacy for lynches. pravi is prob biggest threat as player who says little and is often correct?

Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:10 am
I meant "I sell my taser and with my 4 coins I buy a shovel which I use on m2w's corpse"

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:12 pm 
GM reply:

You now have a shovel handle with m2w on it and no other items.

m2w shovels as mafia child.

Your coin flip heads twice. You have successfully triggered the following rules clause: "Requesting too many coin flips will cause the GMs to become annoyed at you." I expect that was what you wanted. :P

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:44 pm

my intent was to demonstrate that mods might be more amused than annoyed
plz share following:

As night falls, I feel the hunger return. The streets fester with secret love, the alleys filled with priests and other such riff raff. The blood of a child is on their hands. A damn child, is there no depth they won't sink to?!

I pace my study, and sharpen my knife. I throw out a practice thrust. I picture the faces of those I've purged, and the faces of those I will. I remember poor lil Mollie, killed in a lover's quarrel.

I don my coat, and I'm a cat of the night. The streets are dark, with enemies all around. I sense my partner in the shadows, but its little comfort. My lists have gone out, but no one has read them. I am alone in my duty, the only one with the backbone to cure them. They will pay.

In terms of strategy, best way to kill town is by not being lynched. And I've been doing fairly well on that count. I think I'll just be a slightly bad townie, try not to provide original ideas, hope they tear each other apart.

I guess at some point it'll be clear whether the other baddie is maf or sk.

SUBJ: seems I’m screwed?
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:52 pm

like, unlikely I can avoid death that long, as the murder I committed has been identified with me

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:54 pm 
A+ flavortext on chiller’s part. There has been some really quality flavoring by many players this game, in some cases literally.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:08 am 

Yeah that is good flavour text. Especially since I, as a priest, killed dledsema, a child. XD

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:08 am.

Report this post