Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:13 pm 
I just got an email from meghal which stated a true fact (that I have a 6.854 pset due tomorrow and so am hosed) but also said that I am not allowed to send emails for the next 12 hours, apparently. I assume that this means that admin wants me to shut up or something (I've probably sent the most emails to game so far) and used some ability to cause me to be hosed. So if I have things to say I'll post them on the forum I guess - you can also still contact me via fb messenger or gchat.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:12 pm 
Admins know my role name, apparently. It’s “mass-tech-t-shirt-seller”. Andrew Gu should also reveal his role name.

While I’m at it: I submitted the confession asking for a tshirt. That makes farel22 the mit confessions ADMIN. Suspicious. Anyway, could someone please try to buy a shirt? The email doesn’t have an order form in it, so you’ll need to reply to the email asking them to include an order form next time. Let me know what happens when you do that...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:17 pm 
Apparently this happened because I tagged myself in lindrew’s meme? Then I think lindrew needs to explain further what his role does, because this seems like it could have been avoided?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:30 pm 

Yes, lindrew says that tagging yourself will cause your role to be revealed to admin. He says he has other powers that can help students, though I am not sure if I should say more. For now, I believe he is not admin-aligned and I slightly trust him.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:36 pm 
I think your belief is not sufficiently justified. At the very least, the following should be addressed publicly by lindrew:

- why he did not reveal that this would occur before it occurred
- specifics on when and how he might be helpful
- any goals he has which might cause him to behave strangely
- why he cannot say more and a promise of a bare minimum of what he will warn us about in the future

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:52 pm 
Hello,

I am not admin-aligned. Sorry for not mentioning that roles would be told to mafia; I thought this could be pretty well compensated with how I can help students. Also I did not want to die.

If anyone requests, the basic idea is that I can teach an incant to one person each day; that person will then be able to (once per day) deduce whether another player is of their alignment with 2/3 probability. I think students should all decide who should receive this each day?

Edit: also, there are likely no other negative effects for anyone as a result of my role.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:28 pm 
Is it just role name or is it also like, abilities?

Also, why would you die? For having a bit of sketchiness to your role?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:41 pm 
Role name only.

I just didn't want to die in general, no specific reason for today.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:21 pm 
What meme is this?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:41 pm 

Swapnil is only in this game for the memes :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:05 pm 
apparently I cannot sign up for numbered mailing lists for the next two days, because the admins “know too much about me”. Well I agree they know a lot, but it was all through mechanical stuff - I don’t think that I’ve revealed much that they weren’t already aware of

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:13 pm 
that's a good reason not reveal what list you signed up for if you are an admin >.>

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:00 pm 
I agree. Fortunately, I am obviously not an admin