Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pact of the Town
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:49 pm 
Based on the information I have about game, it appears that the different guilds have goals that are mostly orthogonal to each other. I think enough people know this now that it's just worth posting publicly:

- Gruul want to maximize their total P/T at end of game
- Orzhov want to maximize their money at end of game
- Izzet want to maximize number and rarity of their artifacts at end of game
- Golgari want to maximize number of living players at end of game
- Azorius want to ???
- There's a Gateless faction of Bears that want to maximize the number of 2/2s alive at end of game
- All guilds have a goal of the form "+1 point per member of your guild alive at end of game"

It's maybe suspicious I haven't heard from any Azorius, but it seems extremely un-flavorful for the Azorius to want to kill people. So I'm guessing that all of the guilds have orthogonal goals to each other, and therefore that guilds should refrain from attacking each other over small disputes, and should work together to form a utility-maximizing city. Also, it seems reasonable that all the guilds should agree to give the relevant resources to the other guilds at end of game, since this maximizes total utility. So on day 7, everyone should give all their artifacts to the Izzet, gold to the Orzhov, Armies/Tokens/Equipment to the Gruul, etc. This pact should help the Golgari by making fewer deaths happen, and if an Azorius member wants to post here to see what they want at end of game, that'd be great as well.

This all being said, it's Live Action MAFIA after all, so it would not surprise me if there was a secret faction of Bolas's Eternals or something that want to kill everyone. So I propose that to combat the possibility of such a threat, the five guilds should unite and form the Town, and should work together to find and eliminate any killers. Ergo, I propose that if any guild members violate this pact and kill people, all guilds should vote together to eliminate them.

Post subject: Re: Pact of the Town
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:09 pm 
I have now had representatives from all five guilds - Azorius, Orzhov, Izzet, Gruul, and Golgari - sign the Pact of the Town. I will therefore declare that it is in effect. Please make sure everyone in your guild has read the Pact.

Post subject: Re: Pact of the Town
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:41 pm 
Quote:
Golgari want to maximize number of living players at end of game

:thinking:

if you replaced 'living' by 'undead' I would have a nonzero chance of believing this extremely fake goalclaim