It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:24 pm 
There was once a little bear,
And she went out to play,
but before she could gao frisking about,
she became someone's prey.

meghal died @16:52 outside of Theta Chi.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:28 pm 
2 minutes before this meghal said she and m2w were walking to campus.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:29 pm 
I hadn't left work yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:25 pm 
I was probably at 3 cheese blend with NP blumberg; it's maybe possible we were still walking back from Max Brenner though.

I am confused about this kill. I don't know why Meghal would be outside of Theta Chi (you don't walk that way when going to campus from ET), and it looks like no abilities in game affect the death locations. GMs, how would you get the death location for sniper rifle kills?

It seems definitely worth seeing what m2w and Nico's claims are for this (aok says that Meghal claimed to be with m2w when she died, and Theta Chi is where Nico is living). Also it's m2w's sniper rifle kill window. It seems pretty implausible to me for the kill to have been made by someone other than m2w or Nico.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:26 pm 

I was around near that time. I think I got back to theta Chi a bit earlier than that like maybe quarter to 5. On my walk back from campus I walked with NP Athikom Wanichkul if people want to try to confirm the time. I did not see anyone on my way back who's in game, so I assume that the killer must've come from Boston side, not Campus, or least not across the harvard bridge unless they were shortly behind me :O I wasn't really watching my back.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 pm 

Also, I would like to note that this comes a little while after I messaged GMs saying that they can tell people to message me to be let into Theta Chi if they want to kill me (because I'm probably difficult to kill otherwise). Also, I'd like to hope that you guys have more faith in me, that if I was a mafia, I wouldn't make a kill that would make suspicions fall so obviously on me. I'm a bit better than that ;P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:28 pm 
meghal described it as 'gaoing on a walk to campus'. To me this carries a mild implication that it wasn't a direct route.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:40 pm 
My theory is that m2w suggested an indirect route to Meghal and then killed her outside of Nico’s frat in an attempt to frame Nico.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:51 pm 
I was at work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 pm 
I was at work

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:23 pm 
I was at ET the whole time. Meghal left around 16:20 saying she was going to meet aok when he got out of work at Akuna Capital.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 pm 

I was in lab. Ben can confirm that I sent a relatively long and important email 9 min after Meghal died.

Can anyone confirm aok was at work today? Yesterday over lunch Meghal mentioned that she was thonking of trying to convince aok to take the day off today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:17 pm 
Well I can confirm that Meghal and Mollie were at ET around 1:30. I think if Meghal had successfully convinced aok to take the day off of work, they would have been together sooner. Also even in the world where Mollie is innocent, her story is inconsistent with aok not having been at work.

I don’t see why Meghal would be near Theta Chi if she were meeting aok later, and it seems implausible for aok to have gone to Theta Chi to meet her anyway even if she was going by there. Aok’s job is near the park street T stop, so presumably Meghal would take the T if she were trying to meet him there.

I think Mollie is very sketchy for this and should be lynched.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:42 pm 

I think Mollie is good enough at mafia and has enough free time that she wouldn't kill Meghal when her sniper rifle was active, when she was seen with Meghal last, and when she doesn't have an alibi.

Why would meghal be going to campus at 5? Wouldn't she be going towards akuna to meet up with aok? I don't believe aok's statement that she was going to campus with mollie, and I currently think aok is sketch and should be investigated over meghal's death if possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:22 pm 
Who would be available for a spirit search tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:23 pm 

I would be, but I'msquare dancing till 11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:39 pm 
I am not up for a spirit search.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm 
Unfortunately day ends at 11.

I'm somewhat averse to asking for volunteers (it's comparatively easy for mafis to wriggle out if there isn't strong pressure to be present for spirit searches)

But who would be available for spirit searching at say 10:30?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:45 pm 
I would be but only at Darksteel Citadel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:53 pm 

Considering that it would have to take place right outside theta chi? I'm available for a spirit search. I don't think its worth it unless we have a significant number of people though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:05 pm 
I would not want to use the spirit search, if I still have it*, on just me and nico. I would prefer to save it for tomorrow.

* I may or may not have it, but I do know where it is (modulo mafia shenanigans)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:08 pm 
Definitely pair investigations should be used on Mollie, aok, and Nico, of course. I believe that if the mafia had an investigation-manipulation they could have used on this kill, they would have used it on this kill (it is so good to use it early in a small game like this, I think even if town could be 100% positive that the investigation results were manipulated). But pair investigations still give definite positive evidence.

Going from ET to Akuna Capital and then to Darksteel Citadel is very inefficient on its own. Aok meeting Meghal "halfway" at Theta Chi would be extremely inefficient, as you need to go to DSC via the red line, which aok was already at. The actual halfway point would be more like Kendall Square, which aok says was indeed where Meghal was going to on campus. It is completely implausible that Meghal would believe aok if he wanted to leave the red line to walk over to her when she was also walking to the red line. And if Meghal wasn't planning on meeting aok in the middle, then aok would have no idea where she was specifically on the route, and he certainly wouldn't be able to time it to be in front of Nico's living group.

Separately, while mafia will *occasionally* initiate beefs, it is generally bad to do so (because if we know that if one of two people is bad, we can lynch the accused the first day and the accuser the second day). Aok immediately pointed a finger at m2w, and m2w took several hours after the kill to make a response, and over an hour to respond to me when I directly gchatted her about it (mafia are also likely to take longer to respond because they need to come up with a coherent story).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:11 pm 
@aok the spirit search has to be at the kill site...

I would go but we would have to decide soon for me to walk and get there in time.

I took a while to respond because I was memeing around in the kitchen at ET with NPs Helen and Ellen and not really checking forums/gchat.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:20 pm 
Is the spirit search happening? I would really like to get cleared...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:53 pm 

I'm voting for aok, I wish I had more time to respond to ksedlar's post but I've been square dancing up to this point. After reading her post my intuition is still that aok is more sketch.

In particular I don't think meghal had a reason to go to campus, and even if she did go to campus with mollie, it wouldn't have been past theta chi. And if mollie convinced her to go past theta chi, I think meghal would have realized this was sketch and informed more than one person.

Wish I could elaborate more, but that's my rough position. Glhf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 pm 

My logic and reasons for voting for m2w over aok tonight:

Aok killing meghal outside my summer lodging and then framing m2w immediately feels like too many layers to be likely.
Secondly, if he was planning to frame m2w, it would've been an easier sell to at least mention the sniper rifle for his argument.
This is on top of the arguments that Ksedlar has already made about location and I do think that the case against m2w is stronger than against aok.

edit: However, I do acknowledge that aok's fast response time to the murder announcement casts suspicions on him