Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Lynch Plans/Notes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 pm 
Today's kills appear to be vig(swapnilg)+mafia+sk(Julian/m2w).

I think m2w's death should receive attention; There are a lot of people with player alibis for her death.
The people w/o alibi's for that kill are {aok, brunnerj, clhong, dgrazien, mhjiang, Sir Nicoeus, tkblack}. I think that PI's should use their investigations in this set, and proxy out the information ASAP; I also think random lynching someone from this set seems reasonable if we can't solve the murder before day end?

Personally, I'm less suspicious of brunnerj & clhong b/c of a soft alibi & psychread, and more suspicious of aok as someone who I think could pretty easily find m2w outside Oath's.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:00 pm 

I also continue to claim roleblock today, hence I couldn't have killed. Would appreciate if someone could proxy out that they roleblocked me to add verification to this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:08 pm 
i agree that i’m less suspicious of clhong, though for the same psychread. i am in general agreement with the plan ixa posted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm 

Theo is my alibi! He was seeing me walking at floorpi all the time after 7. I'm also his alibi! He's playing tractor all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:15 pm 
I want to hear a detailed accounting of the circumstances under which clhong killed swapnilg.

In particular:
1. Why did you kill swapnilg?
2. Did anybody know or suspect that clhong killed swapnilg?

The second question is a question for ALL players. Has anybody interacted with clhong in the context of the mafia game?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:18 pm 

I have not directly interacted with clhong, I only saw her in the math lounge today. I am really surprised people are "reading" that clhong is innocent. Sure, it's possible to randomly successfully vig kill, but it's not likely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:28 pm 

okay here's the whole story. I did not read the rules and did not go to kickoff... I received a message saying what my role is, a town vigilante, but my English is not good and I didn't understand vigilante. I thought it means villager.

Then I met Swagnilg after 217 lecture, I know him before and was trying to joke and scare him: even though I believe I do not have killing power, I tapped on his shoulder and said you are dead. Then he was so shocked, and later after reporting to GM, I learnt that I have the bang power, and magically turns out that even though I don't know what is the killing way, I tapped his shoulder...

I didn't mean to kill him, because I thought I'm a normal villager (in Chinese mafia game, no villager has any power, or you are called a fortune teller, or a doctor/ witch). It turns out so... Swagnilg I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:32 pm 
Someone should roleblock clhong for tomorrow.
I advocate for either no lynch or our only inactive mhjiang.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:34 pm 
in the context of the mafia game, my only interaction with clhong is seeing her hiding behind the green building statue as i was walking into building 14. it looked really suspicious so i paranoia texted tkblack.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:45 pm 
At this point I advocate lynching mhjiang, the only inactive?

Also town should use powers & post info! Information we don't have is information we can't use in deciding who to lynch :/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:46 pm 

This is late (I blame GMs) but I used a shovel and was told that swapnilg is Mafia Vigilante.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:46 pm 

I guess I will vote for mhjiang :/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:49 pm 
yeah, given that there arent good investigations on the m2w kill, i’ll vote for mhjiang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:00 pm 
Changing vote to mhjiang.

But I want to continue investigating this thread tomorrow. I want to be as confident as possible as to whether clhong is townie or mafia.