Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 Lynch
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:36 pm 

I see that ixa has proposed cjq in another thread.

I'd like to hear cjq's defence, specifically in regards to what priest sets in particular were submitted on day 0. Furthermore, I will now publicly say that I received the cc64 investigation proxy (the contentious one) from cjq. He has claimed that he did not receive it directly from agu1 though, which would imply a proxy chain of at least length 4, which is rather weird in its own right, especially near day end.

If not cjq, I think we should start looking at people who have no alibis for Julian's death since it seems likely that mollie's was tampered with.
This set of people is: agu1, aok, aolsen0, brunnerj, cjq, clhong, dgrazian, karengao, vluo and myself.

Specifically I'd like to call out vluo who hasn't even posted a location alibi for Julian's death.

Otherwise, the closest people to the death location it seems were agu1, and then cjq (who does have one negative investigation against him as well).

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Lynch
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:40 pm 

Actually, can ixa also please explain how they know that cjq did not post a priest list?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:49 pm 
I received seer proxy info that cjq was a priest, and quizzed him on his sets for the days. He admitted to not having submitted sets Day 1, upon which I pointed out Julian's pledge and :suspect:.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:55 pm 
yep. i submitted priest sets, saints jiwoney9, tkblack, sinners aok, agu1, for night 0. i forgot to submit sets for night 1. i won’t defend myself; i agree i should be policy lynched for this reason. especially if no mafia kill happens tonight, as i’m roleblocked.

i will say that i received my cc64 investigation proxy info from jiwoney9. she claims she didn’t get it from agu1. this means a proxy chain of at least five now, then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:57 pm 

Ok to avoid confusion, I was not part of the cc46 proxy chain. Someone in the chain asked me to say that the investigation was trustworthy (don't ask me why).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:00 pm 

agu1 wrote:
Ok to avoid confusion, I was not part of the cc46 proxy chain. Someone in the chain asked me to say that the investigation was trustworthy (don't ask me why).

This just adds more weird layers to this investigation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:23 pm 

I'll just personally clarify that I officially joined this game around 18:40 yesterday (edit: as a sub for emmaw, an inactive player), an hour after Julian's death.

Also, policy lynching makes sense (though idk how to feel about it), so I'll also vote for cjq unless something comes up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:26 pm 

vluo wrote:
I'll just personally clarify that I officially joined this game around 18:40 yesterday (edit: as a sub for emmaw, an inactive player), an hour after Julian's death.

Also, policy lynching makes sense (though idk how to feel about it), so I'll also vote for cjq unless something comes up.

Fair. I wasn't sure of the exact time of your joining and based my assumption on the 11am announcement of the replacement, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:37 pm 
I really want @jiwoney9 to post where they got the info from, and I think @agu1 should also say where he got this update/instruction from.
I think if this investigation turns out to be true it's worth outing the PI to confirm this because this basically makes clhong provably lying about her kill and we should lynch her. But I don't really believe this? And otherwise this is a very questionable investigation to make (It's on a kill that someone has claimed to make, investigates the killer and someone with a player alibi for the kill, and returns the killer as innocent??) and might be mafia trying to get town to burn resources trying to solve it. I would really like to know where this investigation came from.

In addition, in the case that this is a true investigation, we gain a lot more information. In particular, someone had to have killed swapnilg, and given no other town vig has beefed clhong, it must have been a mafia? This makes swapnilg shoveling as mafia really weird, and points to either a mafia roleblocker or agu1 lying to protect clhong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:54 pm 

Ok I guess I'll post all I know since it seems to be a dead end. jiwoney9 told me the investigation came from m2w (who just happens to be dead...). Also, aolsen0 was the only person I consulted about shoveling swapnilg. If you believe the shovel result was tampered with, you should be more suspicious of him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:15 pm 

agu1 wrote:
Ok I guess I'll post all I know since it seems to be a dead end. jiwoney9 told me the investigation came from m2w (who just happens to be dead...). Also, aolsen0 was the only person I consulted about shoveling swapnilg. If you believe the shovel result was tampered with, you should be more suspicious of him.

In that case, the investigation must've been done before mollie's death, so why did it take so long to become public?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:16 pm 

Because I'm bad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:22 pm 
rip

Given that we can't track the chain beyond m2w (unless someone higher in the proxy chain wants to help), I'm more incentivized to treat this investigation as fake news; If anyone made this investigation, it seems reasonable to claim it publically? It has a very high likelihood of catching >1 mafia if you're town, claim this, and we can trust you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:23 pm 

OK jk I am outing myself as a town PI because all things considered we would have more info to play with .. altho I've been scared of whatever consequence this will bring me tomorrow.

I pmed GM around 9pm after esp worksession (CJ can confirm me asking him who we should investigate) and got the said result. I used alexjli because he was basically with me all day and I can confirm he didnt kill anyone.

this leaves us with a couple of possibilities
1) carina killed swapnil but for some reason priest wanted to protect carina but not swapnil
2) carina did not kill swapnil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:30 pm 
wait, huh? are you saying you were the source of the investigation on clhong and alexjli?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:32 pm 

yes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:35 pm 
okay, so if this isn’t fake news, i am Very Confused™

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 pm 
wait @cjq do you not confirm that jiwoney9 asked you about who to investigate lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:37 pm 
i DO confirm that jiwoney9 asked me who to investigate, and i linked to your post and said something along the lines of follow ixa’s suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:39 pm 
the post i linked is http://mafia.mit.edu/viewtopic.php?f=465&t=7157#p59223, and i didn’t think the clhong investigation came from jiwoney9 (despite her being the one who proxied it to me)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 pm 

Wait. As a town PI did you do any investigations today then??

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:53 pm 

No oops mb I can try to do it in the next 7 mins if people have any suggestions before I die or get trapped or smth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:54 pm 

jiwoney9 wrote:
No oops mb I can try to do it in the next 7 mins if people have any suggestions before I die or get trapped or smth.

Do two on Julian's death.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:01 pm 

Sir Nicoeus wrote:
jiwoney9 wrote:

Do two on Julian's death.

Scratch that if you haven't done it yet. We can investigate brunnerj tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:02 pm 

luckily I have not. I'll use two on brunnerj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:04 pm 

jiwoney9 wrote:
luckily I have not. I'll use two on brunnerj

If you don't I will lynch you forever

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:05 pm 
Dgrazian, Brian, vluo, and me are the only real suspects. I have cleared Brian vs vluo. Dgrazian has an investigation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:21 pm 
I'm voting for brian.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:24 pm 
I think we vote cjq, or dgrazien who has not been cleared and talk about this more next day. (For this reason I advocate cjq over dgrazien).
This kill could be manipulated, but if dgrazien isn't proven innocent I'm still more suspicious of him over anyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:24 pm 

I'm voting for dgrazian.