Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Info Dump
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:48 pm 

Alright now that Ixa is dead, there is no harm is me revealing their identity and actions, because now town can confirm that these pieces of information are reliable. Ixa was a town planeswalker. On day 1, they were splitter Opal. On day 2, they were investigator Dishes.

I think also think we should re- examine all of our assumptions at this point and look at what info has come from where:

The only info that is 100% known to town is that brunnerj was killed by mafia and not an SK, otherwise bloodlust would be a thing.
Following from that, we can be 100% certain that Cjq is mafia since he was holding items that brunnerj was known to have.

The biggest assumption we are currently operating on is that there is one mafia player remaining:
The source of this is the mafia counter result as reported by Karen. Potential evidence against this is today's double kill.
There is only one way that 1 player can make a double kill and that is they are a mafia aligned vig. However, if they did so and per the rules:
"If you successfully kill someone whose alignment is opposite yours, you lose this ability and may not make any more kills.".

I have confirmed with GMs that they would not get roleblocked for 3 days and furthermore that GMs would not call game in this case.
However, if no kills happen in the next 2 days, and no one dies from bloodlust, then we know that a) there is no mafia left alive
b) there is a serial killer and they are going to be blocked from making any more kills.

In this case, I propose that we could just pick two people with solid alibis for today's kills and just go through lynching people in any arbitrary order to guarantee victory.

Alternatively, this assumption may be wrong. In this case, 1 of 2 things happened. Either karen lied, or the counter was never actually submitted. Of course, in both cases karen still lied lol. So I propose lynching her tonight in lieu of other evidence. I will publicly say now that I did not actually submit the counter. Agu1 did. So if it was never submitted, then Agu1 lied. If agu1 is mafia, we need to re-evaluate a number of other assumptions, namely swapnil's shoveling and well as some of the reported information.

There are currently 10 players alive. We know for certain that we've killed one mafia. If the counter result is fabricated, then there are at least 2 mafia left, potentially 3, although I think situation is low probability. If a kill happens tomorrow, then we know for certain that there is a mafia left alive, and not an SK.

The lack of a kill yesterday could also mean that the mafia connected with the SK. I'm gonna think on this some more and examine the sources of all evidence so far, giving more weight to things said by murdered players.

Post subject: Re: Info Dump
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:53 pm 

I agree with most of this, but a mafia-aligned planeswalker can still make two kills in one day. Also, it's still possible that cjq was SK and got in contact with the mafia so that they transferred items.

Post subject: Re: Info Dump
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:56 pm 

agu1 wrote:
I agree with most of this, but a mafia-aligned planeswalker can still make two kills in one day. Also, it's still possible that cjq was SK and got in contact with the mafia so that they transferred items.

I admit. I forgot these two possibilities. The situation with a planeswalker would still result in them losing killing power though. As for cjq connecting with the mafia, considering the timing of it within the game, I think this is unlikely. It is certainly a possible though. What items do people have to get info.