Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Game Over; Mafia Wins
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:12 pm 

pravinas is lynched by tiebreaker*.

Mafia can now provably win by lynching town every day, so game is now over with mafia winning!

*The mafia (Daniel Grazian, Sir Nicoeus, aok) voted for pravinas, everyone else voted for Daniel Grazian.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:14 pm 

ggs, we both played bad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:49 pm 

for your amusement, my first 6 posts of game, along with my 8th post. sadly i never needed to roleclaim

Quote:
Big Thursday schedule update: I'm going to PAX for some amount of time. I doubt I'll go to SPAMS or squares?

Right now schedule update: if you kill me in the line at Cafe Spice it will be the perfect crime

Quote:
agreed

Quote:
Taking computer parts to/from Microcenter with Daniel. He can confirm this, but he would lie if I told him to, so...

Quote:
Making my way downtown to PAX now. I'll let you know when I get back.

Quote:
At PAX, playing a demo of "biped," a 2-player co-op puzzle game

Quote:
Now until Sunday, yeah

Quote:
Got back from PAX maybe 20 minutes ago; no proof of when exactly I left. I won't have much time tonight to think about game/who to vote for. Sort of leaving it to "justice of the people." (9

th floor? Is that even accessible to the general public, or would the killer have needed a keycard/...

(i even put a line break after the enumeration!)

Last edited by Linus on Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:50 pm 

That is actually amazing lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:53 pm 

Oof, good game. I have never played this before and made a bunch of mistakes, but it was fun, and if I play again I'll definitely watch out for the plays I saw this game.

Linus, I think all of us made mistakes. Yesterday was kind of rough when m2w tased jaysonl and died at the same time. Plus the span lynch and the other lynches. At least we tried? I think with more active town participation, it would have been better? The mafia were the ones mostly posting.

I considered shovelling span to double check the Mafia claim. It's possible one of the mafia could change the shovel result, so maybe it would not have mattered.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:56 pm 

Nah. We never edited Span. I just outright lied. So if you'd shoveled, it would've fallen apart lol.

Same with swapnil's kill. I didn't manipulate it. Dgrazian just cleared me with fake investigations.

The more we saw town trusting, the further we pushed it lol.

I was SK, not mafia btw. But managed to get in touch with the mafia by day 3, cause of info I gave CJ that helped them verify me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 am 

Actually in the end, I never even used my CT ability to take blame for a death.

We never needed to use Aok's vig kill either.

Am curious to see everyone's roles on the GM spreadsheet once graveyard is public :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:08 am 

I took no game actions other than voting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:11 am 

Well I should have been more decisive then and went for it. I was in the room when m2w was arguing with span, and scanned the posts arguing for the lynch (although I didn't vote for span) and felt conflicted. If I play again I'll be more wary :p

I think the 3 mafia including mafia vig + 2 serial killers was hard to go up against, but you guys were clearly effective. I realize it's probably not as fun to be town, but I think it makes the game less fun for all when people sign up and only vote or don't vote at all.

Linus wrote:
for your amusement, my first 6 posts of game, along with my 8th post. sadly i never needed to roleclaim

Quote:
Big Thursday schedule update: I'm going to PAX for some amount of time. I doubt I'll go to SPAMS or squares?

Right now schedule update: if you kill me in the line at Cafe Spice it will be the perfect crime

Quote:
agreed

Quote:
Taking computer parts to/from Microcenter with Daniel. He can confirm this, but he would lie if I told him to, so...

Quote:
Making my way downtown to PAX now. I'll let you know when I get back.

Quote:
At PAX, playing a demo of "biped," a 2-player co-op puzzle game

Quote:
Now until Sunday, yeah

Quote:
Got back from PAX maybe 20 minutes ago; no proof of when exactly I left. I won't have much time tonight to think about game/who to vote for. Sort of leaving it to "justice of the people." (9

th floor? Is that even accessible to the general public, or would the killer have needed a keycard/...

(i even put a line break after the enumeration!)

Wow that was clever haha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:50 am 

Rachel, I was actually very impressed by your play. Especially the observation about Nico being ultra-sketchy.

You said you should have been more decisive. And you're right! But it's really difficult to be confident in one's judgments the first time you play a game like this, where there are so many unknowns and a substantial percentage of the players are actively trying to lead you astray.

You did well above par for a first time player. In future games, I will be quite afraid of you if I'm mafia, and highly value your contributions if I'm town (and if I think you're town as well.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:53 am 

oh nooo @linus i recall being confused as to why there was a linebreak there but never investigated further rip

anyway, thanks for the game, it was fun! and well played by the mafia after a, uh, rough start

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:01 pm 

++ rbs gets Good Townie Award imo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:30 pm 

that was wild