A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shoveled Span
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:24 pm 

Mafia Pair Investigator EOM

Post subject: Re: Shoveled Span
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:31 pm 

Hmm ok. I talked to span before and while I thought the Dandy Lion thing was suspicious, I thought the other investigations indicated dgrazian was a possibility and I wasn't sure if people were lynch mobbing again. I guess that means we disregard Dandy Lion results?

I think the infallible result on Linus is good information, although I think he had a decent alibi at that time so maybe not best choice.

Would it be possible to use a ouija board to try to out the last mafia/second serial killer if there is one?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:34 pm 

What death do you propose that we ouja?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:39 pm 

One detail about this that confuses me is why span didn't give his search warrant to the other mafia member in this case. There should be one left if we believe the other shovel result that idk was an SK. Anyone got any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:46 pm 

This makes Mollie look extremely town (for putting Span on a lynch train), and dgrazian look pretty town (for posting strong arguments for joining it). (Assuming the shovel wasn't faked.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:47 pm 

I double checked the rules document and the oujia board can only be used for a death on the previous day, so only Megaul. It's possible span killed Megaul, so maybe it won't be that useful and better to hold on to. It says there can be 1-3 in the game, and we know of the one vluo has.

The fact that Linus was roleblocked after the investigation cleared him for swapnil's death indicates the action was done earlier in the day, the remaining mafia/SK can roleblock, or he was trapped?

I recommend keeping the search warrant for if someone with an immovable rod is killed (happens to be Mollie and dgrazian). For that reason I do think it was strange the search warrant was not transferred.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:52 pm 

Linus wrote:
This makes Mollie look extremely town (for putting Span on a lynch train), and dgrazian look pretty town (for posting strong arguments for joining it). (Assuming the shovel wasn't faked.)

I told the GMs to do the shovel as soon as new day started? I don't think that the results can be manipulated that quickly. Even if they were, there appears to be only one roleblocker in the game based on roleblock claims. I do know the identity of this person and am of the opinion that they are low probability mafia.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:15 am 

The only other reason I can think of that Span might not transfer the search warrant is that he really wanted to appear town when he died.

I'd already committing to shoveling him, but he did ask to be shoveled, and then also died with a powerful item. These don't seem like the last actions of a mafia. The only reason why I think he would risk losing a powerful item to a play such as this was that he really didn't want us to invalidate his investigations. Maybe they cleared swapnil's real killer? This makes me suspicious of karengao.

In the slim chance that span was town, there is an explanation for this that I have PMed to Linus with instructions to share if I die. The reason I'm not sharing publicly yet is that it exposes the identity of the roleblocker and its probably better for town if they don't get trapped so that suspicious people can still be blocked by them (if they are town).