Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 Vote
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:49 am 

Honestly, I look very suspicious right now because I was roleblocked yesterday and there was no kill.

I'm guessing there will be a kill today to investigate. If not, uh... the 2(?) mafia might have discovered this truly enigmatic strategy: trap each other to negate bloodlust, and live peacefully in a world of random lynches.

Post subject: Re: Day 5 Vote
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:17 pm 

We should bump this discussion before it gets too late and last minute lynch mobs happen.

Based on evidence, linus should be the primary lynch. Personally though, I don't really think he's mafia. I'd really some investigations on today's kills but I don't know if we can count on that.

In the absence of more information, I'm leaning towards voting for tckmn. It's more of a gut choice than a solid logic one, I'll admit, but rbs has a plan to get some more information and I think that right now, lynching tckmn (if he is town), can give us more than lynching another townie. Furthermore, I do have him as similar probability of being mafia as linus and pravi in my own suspicions, weighing thoughts from personal interactions and evidence.

I am, of course, always open to arguments for other lynches. That's why I want to start the discussion early.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:26 pm 

Inspector Gadget says:

Between tckmn and Linus, Linus is more innocent of Mollie's murder.
Between tckmn and Nico, Nico is more innocent of Mollie's murder.

I strongly advocate executing tckmn, not Linus.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:35 pm 

I think it would have been much better to investigate pravi than nico, but w/e. I'm an advocate of letting investigators decide their own investigations.

I haven't talked to tckman this game but I really haven't gotten the feeling that he's mafia.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:38 pm 

huh, that does look pretty unfortunate for me

the only existing evidence points strongly towards me and it is unclear to me how to prove that i am town -- in the absence of a way to do so, i'd like to transfer my item (honey jar) to a town member to avoid the chance it goes to mafia. i am currently at et with vluo, rbs, and Linus; do people have opinions as to who i should transfer to?

also, if a shovel exists, it may be useful to apply it to me if i die, and follow the Inspector Gadget chain back if it comes up town

(finally, i doubt this will affect anything because only NPs / dead players saw me there, but the video game orchestra rehearsal in next house was in fact in progress when the murder occurred)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:42 pm 

At this point it kind of seems like no one is Mafia. I think the lack of kill yesterday could be something to go off of. Linus was roleblocked, and I don't get a strong feeling he is mafia, but no one does?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:45 pm 

Guess I'm voting for tockman? Sorry Andy, I hope you're Mafia.

If people wanna lynch me, then I want to know so I can roleclaim and prove innocence.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:46 pm 

this being my first game, i would also like to know if there is a way i can prove myself innocent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 pm 

So I know this may be wrong but I do think there is something to be said for the strategy to appear super town and throw someone in your alignment under the bus to make yourself appear more town. I think it's strange that Mafia have not targeted Nico due to his activity level and high interest in the game. He seems town, but we should explore all possibilities.

We have little room for mistakes in terms of numbers, I think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:54 pm 

Good point re Nico possibly bussing (it's a weird bus IMO but maybe the fact it's weird makes it less weird?). I think you should roleclaim. Are you roleclaiming Inspector Gadget?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:57 pm 

I emphatically do not trust Nico. But Nico does have a few investigations in his favor that I consider credible. In any case, I think we need to execute tckmn tonight, and hope that we didn't get unlucky dice roles. Like rbs said, we probably don't have room for error.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:58 pm 

there are few minutes left, so i assume i'm about to be executed. if there are no further developments i will transfer my honey jar to vluo and pm him my role immediately before 23:00. (i am open to doing this to either rbs or linus instead, but they have both been cleared by dandy lion, and i have no other information on any of the 3.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:59 pm 

I will reveal Inspector Gadget's identity to a trusted party after tonight's vote.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:59 pm 

I will reveal Inspector Gadget's identity to a trusted party after tonight's vote.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:00 pm 

I'm voting pravinas because I still read tckman as town. I think someone should search warrant nico tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:12 pm 

rbs wrote:
So I know this may be wrong but I do think there is something to be said for the strategy to appear super town and throw someone in your alignment under the bus to make yourself appear more town. I think it's strange that Mafia have not targeted Nico due to his activity level and high interest in the game. He seems town, but we should explore all possibilities.

We have little room for mistakes in terms of numbers, I think.

Oof. When did this happen? Anything I can do to help clear up doubts?

It is interesting to note that of all the LAM games I've played, I've only been killed by mafia (and not in lynch votes) once. So this isn't really that unusual, considering that I spend most of my time in hard to reach places.