Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: State of the Disunion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:22 am 

As of the beginning of Day 5, the following players are still alive (mafia-aligned bolded) :

aok
Daniel Grazian
iam2w
jaysonl
Linus
pravinas
rbs
Sir Nicoeus
tckmn
vluo

We can make 4 kills between Day 5 and Day 6. Two regular kills + serial killer (Sir Nico) + vigilante (aok). If we get a townie executed tonight, this will leave us 3 mafia and 2 town. Game over.

Due to bloodlust, I must make a kill today (Day 5) since aok is roleblocked. Possible targets are:

iamm2w: Probably at ET all day (unkillable)
jaysonl: out of town at intercon (unkillable)
Linus: uncertain location; probably possible to track down. Daniel Palumbo, Justin, and/or Lotta can probably give intel.
pravinas: unclear and likely at ET (in which case unkillable). Can probably track down, though this won't help if they are at ET.
rbs: conspiracy theorist, known to have me on their list as of yesterday. Not a good kill target.
tckmn: maybe possible to kill around 2-4 via sneaking into Next House. Otherwise, likely at ET and therefore unkillable.
vluo: unclear, but probably possible to track down (may be at ET and unkillable anyway.)

This is pretty tough logistically. I think the most plausible option is killing Linus. Also, should Jayson have a body double given that he's out for the whole weekend? If so, jaysonl would be a good target.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:30 am 

The biggest issue by far is the rule against killing at ET. I absolutely agree with the GMs in enacting this rule (the alternative was likely canceling the game) but this should be considered an extraordinary measure and not be repeated in the future if at all possible. From the mafia's perspective, this is substantially more annoying than bad/missing schedules. It's usually not too difficult to track someone down via friends, classmates, etc, but that doesn't do much good when half the players are in a safe-zone. Also, in my opinion, mechanically guaranteed safe zones do substantial damage to the flavor of the game (this is a strong opinion of mine, though one on which I recognize that reasonable people may disagree).

Feel free to copy this to any relevant discussion currently happening in the graveyard. Again, I affirmatively endorse the decision the GMs made, despite my strong distaste for it. Thank you so much for running this game Jason and Ixa!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:35 am 

Completely separately, can we add Sir Nico to the mafia den? I am > 99% confident that he is a serial killer, and including him here reduces the number of separate chats needed.

And in the extremely unlikely circumstance that he has faked his way this far, he deserves the honor of infiltrating the mafia den :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:25 pm 

Mollie is killable now. And linus has claimed that he will self-vig if town is gonna vote him out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:38 pm 

I'm confused about Linus. I'm going to try to kill Mollie or jaysonl/Julian without further notice.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm 

aok
Daniel Grazian
Linus
pravinas
rbs
Sir Nicoeus
tckmn
vluo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:50 pm 

Did plan to pin it on rbs originally but as she seems to be becoming a more active townie, maybe let's hold and see who she suggests lynching and bandwagon that if its none of us.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:26 pm 

At this point, I think tockman can be convinced for rbs or visa versa with investigations so play it how you feel. We should be able to get 4 votes for one of them at least anyway, and I doubt that the other 4 will all be for one of us, especially since we're aren't even really in the conversation.

Perhaps, clearing Linus during the investigation will also get him on board with lynching one of those guys.

(Note, I sent rbs a PM to stoke suspicion of tckmn).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:00 pm 

Have convinced rbs to vote tckmn unless compelling information otherwise comes out. We shouldn't need to convince anyone else but I doubt investigations would hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:36 pm 

I reported results:

{tckmn, Nico} -> Nico
{tckmn, Linus} -> Linus

Everybody should vote for tckmn.

Aok, tomorrow just kill two people, and we should just win.

Linus is trapped, so he won't be vigilanting anybody.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:01 pm 

Context for the benefit of posterity:

Nico and I killed Julian* and Mollie in 36-112 at 3:30 p.m. today.

*Julian was body-doubling for jaysonl