Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 Execution plan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:31 pm 

We are using ksedlar's douse as an effective second execution. We don't want this to be visible to mafia to avoid manipulation.

We are fine with the execution being visible.

If people have opinions on how to choose the lynch/douse target, they should speak here. I believe we want at least the douse to ultimately be chosen by not more than 2 individuals so mafia don't know what it is.

I recommend we choose approximately randomly among players with no claims.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Execution plan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:32 pm 

I suggest lukesci as dictator as gay knight is the most provable role we've seen claimed so far.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 pm 

Yeah I agree lukesci should be dictator for today. He should also claim who his partner is, to add provability to his claim (or, if he's mafia, force him to out another mafia). The most important things to dictate are the execution target and the ksedlar douse, and if lukesci has time he can dictate other actions as well. Luke should claim privately to Katie who she should douse, so the mafia can't use this information (eg by changing their taxi driving/roleblocking plans).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:49 pm 

ugh I really don't think specific nontargeting roles were supposed to claim, or if GNs were to claim, we should probably have waited on claiming every other role

That said, from now on I think direct all role claims to lukesci instead of the public for the rest of the day, if we're agreeing to let him dictate anyway

Nice, I am all town on this blessed day. Also, mathfia is hard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:01 pm 

I can figure out the douse. I probably can't coordinate everyone's actions tonight, given that I want to spend some time on non-mafia things too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 pm 

sammy we hardly have people claiming anything at all right now, and probably are just never going to claim. I also think stalkers are far more valuable and if anyone's claim was supposed to be hidden it is stalkers. If we had a lot more total claiming I think the weaker claims made more sense; also if we got any confirmed stalkers i think GN not claiming made more sense.

Most of the value in GN claims is as their dictatorial power anyway. i think it is much better that we have someone rather than just arbitrarily having the most vocal person rule which was the alternative.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:09 pm 

Okay that's fair re: needing a better dictation source; I just think the GN claim should've come before all other non-stalker claims once it was clear that there were no provable stalkers today. Also, we need multiple unclaimed roles to hide any roles, which is why the ones that town doesn't gain anything from learning (vig, priest, arguably jailer vs roleblocker) should've stayed hidden / gone with the lower information claims imo.

I mean, now we just need to poke all the new players to claim to luke, and probably put them on the default execution queue if they don't do anything.

Nice, I am all town on this blessed day. Also, mathfia is hard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:21 pm 

brunnerj wrote:
We are using ksedlar's douse as an effective second execution. We don't want this to be visible to mafia to avoid manipulation.

We are fine with the execution being visible.

If people have opinions on how to choose the lynch/douse target, they should speak here. I believe we want at least the douse to ultimately be chosen by not more than 2 individuals so mafia don't know what it is.

I recommend we choose approximately randomly among players with no claims.

Like I said earlier I'm still very much not a fan of this -- I'm surprised nobody else is saying this; given that the metas I'm used to will always execute neutral claims on the spot -- since they're just like mafia where if neutrals+mafia form a majority we lose. Even a claim like Survivor merits this... how can we let an Arsonist live?

We also don't know who she doused last night -- for all we know this could be luke, yes? She might get one or two kills off for us in the best-case scenario... is that really worth it? She's probably going to just get roleblocked every night if she's really working with us -- or if she's working with mafia, she'll pretend to be roleblocked every night, and potentially douse people in secret if she thinks she won't be stalked.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:48 pm 

If we don't visibly see the results of her fires soon, we can execute her for it. But I think we should give her a chance to douse and kill for us first.