Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Voting Thread (Day 1)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:35 am 
You can discuss voting here. Remember, you can vote by sending a Private Message with subject "Day X: Vote for Y" to Alex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:57 pm 
Hi everyone!!! We're awfully quiet...........I guess cuz nothing has happened.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:48 pm 
we're still quiet...something should happen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:50 pm 
hm, Nur and Nicole started with med kits
does anyone else need them more?

also, we have
3 players in Next
2 in MacGregor
1 in Burton Conner
2 in McCormick
1 in East Campus
=9

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:12 pm 
Ok, so, Steve is killed while crossing the street (from what I can gather.....does the "walkway" mean the street crossing?).........who else was around at that time? Did anyone see anything?

Also, we need to know if Steve was a special role....

Maybe if we all list alibis:

I was in the Student Center printing flyers for the Dark Chocolate Tasting this weekend (which all of you should come to).....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:21 pm 
I'm sitting here w/ Steve right now at the Battlecode tournament - when he showed up, he basically said "Hi, I'm dead now" (not those exact words) - he died while going to get bubble tea, which the mafia probably would not have known about unless they left with him (which I don't think they did, since he returned alone), so I'm guessing it was a chance encounter. Nobody else playing is here, so that doesn't eliminate anybody, unfortunately. Well, besides me - I have plenty of people who can vouch for the fact that I was at Battlecode when Steve showed up dead.

Post subject: Not me either!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 pm 
I was still at work until almost 5:40 and caught the Tech shuttle back... So I'm innocent! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:49 pm 
I was at Rifle Practice. It starts at 4:30 and gets out around 6:00. Nobody here is actually on the team to vouch for me, but if you want proof that I am on the team just look here
http://mitathletics.cstv.com/sports/c-r ... e-mtt.html

Post subject: Steve's death...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:40 pm 
Wait, Nicole, you were with Steve before he left, he died, and then he came back to battlecode? Battlecode started at 1pm (I just looked it up). So how long when/where were you two? If you were in Kresge, and he went for bubble tea, that wouldn't be going 'west' near the crosswalk... It would have been closer to the student center.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:46 pm 
I've been in Burton Conner since about 3:15pm. (That sounds so un-verifiable...You could ask Conner 3 people. I think I ran into Alison in the hallway, but that could've been yesterday.)

Hmm, so 5:05 sounds like a time when people who have events that end at 5 leave, and walk back to their dorms, and hence across Mass Ave.
Do we know who has 4-5 class or work that gets out at 5? I vaguely recall Maria, Nur and Rutu working in labs? Apparently Jillian also has work (but got out later than 5:05 today).

Since Lauren lives in EC, she has fewer reasons to cross Mass Ave. I don't actually remember what she's doing during IAP, though. She does Jiu Jitsu, which is in duPont, but I think that's at nighttime

Anyway, how do we know that Nicole didn't go with Steve to get bubble tea, but said she didn't?

ps--What and where is bubble tea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:51 pm 
Stephanie wrote:

ps--What and where is bubble tea?

Bubble tea is a drink. It is sold in the Student Center

Post subject: bubble tea
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:54 pm 
Bubble tea is a drink - I don't like it, but most people I know get it from Shinkasen in the Student center. Especially if he started in Kresge (according to Nicole's post??). I don't know where else one you get it. Everything else is closes around 5. Does that cafe in lobby 7 serve bubble tea? Then maybe he'd have a reason to cross the street and come back... My only concern is that Nicole might have called someone and given away his whereabouts for getting bubble tea. Other thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm 
I was in my room and I have people who can vouch for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:31 pm 
I have lab, but today I got out early and was in the student center until 5:20ish...I don't think I saw anyone in the game there, but you guys can ask Geoffrey.....I waved to him as I went into the athena cluster on the 5th floor of the student center.....

If Battlecode is in Kresge, and Steve were going to get bubble tea at the student center, he wouldn't need to be on the walkway between W20 and the street....though, he could have been going west if he were returning from the student center.....but still, he would go into the student center from the walkway closer to kresge..........I doubt mafia would use manipulation of the presses so early, though.......

Also, I don't think it would have been a chance encounter, because mafia need to confer on who to kill, and if they had picked Steve for today, I would think they would have planned out when to kill him, so that they didn't miss their kill for the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:50 pm 
So Lauren and Maria don't have alibis yet? Anyone know what they've been up to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:12 pm 
Oh wow, we need to figure out who to vote for.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:49 pm 
battlecode is in 34, not kresge... steve arrived 10 min. after i did, newly dead... ppl can vouch for the fact i was there when he died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:24 pm 
Ok, so, seeing as we aren't getting anywhere with who's mafia, i say we vote "no lynch" so that we don't accidentally kill a townsperson for no reason...........unless, of course, something comes up........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:24 pm 
We still don't have a person to vote for. At this point everyone has said where they were except Lauren and Maria.

Post subject: four votes...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:31 pm 
We need at least 4 people to vote no lynch then, so we don't get out-voted. I can't think of a better idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:05 pm 
Or maybe we should kill one of them if they can't come up w/ alibis by 11:30 - it really doesn't seem fair that they get granted immunity just because they couldn't be bothered to say anything on the forum.

Post subject: OR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:07 pm 
or we could threaten to lynch Nur or Maria, unless they come up with better alibis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 pm 
I am with Nicole. We shouldn't avoid linching someone because some people don't have alibi's. So right now I am going to cast a vote for Maria. I will change it if we get some alibi's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:11 pm 
I don't know. It seems like the decision about lynching is between
--No lynch
--Maria
--Nur
--Nicole

I won't have access to a computer, but I'll set my vote to Nur (no reasoning, but I had to choose something now). Someone please call me if I should change it. Thanks a bunch!

(ps-- If I get killed before 3am east of Mass Ave, it's probably Lauren.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:17 pm 
Have we met, Lauren?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm 
Ok, so as for Nur, I really don't think she's mafia, for two reasons:

1. I talked to other people on the floor, and she seems to have been around, but they're not completely sure.....

2. She seemed genuinely surprised (genuinely REALLY surprised) when I told her that Steve was dead........

As of now, I'm voting "no lynch"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:48 pm 
I'm gonna change my vote fo Maria, thanks for the info about Nur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:49 pm 
*reads posts*
....my alibi is short because, I'm very boring.
I went to swim class this morning at 9:50am, Rutu can attest to this.
Had lunch with Rutu.
Went back to dorm around noon.
Watched a japanese drama on comp-->still in room and floor mate Maryia Lu stopped by.
Started psets for 6.096 and 6.092 -->still in room.
Decided to go get dinner from Baker(5:50 and collect medkit from Alex.
Ate dinner with Rutu.
Went back to dorm.
.....better??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 pm 
Sounds legit, Nur... I guess I'm going to bandwagon and vote for Maria unless someone persuades me not to - I don't want to needlessly kill a townsperson, but why isn't she defending herself?