Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Voting Thread (Day 2)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:14 am 
Nobody was lynched the first day. What will your vote be on day 2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 am 
Ok, so Maria has not said anything whatsoever on the forums, and she didn't vote last night? Is this strategy or her just forgetting about the game? I don't really know her, so it's hard to say - has anyone seen her around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am 
I want to think that she's in 6.096, so she may be working on the final project??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 pm 
Still no murders yet today? Well, I think Maria just forgot about it... She's like that - she didn't make any posts last game either and she wasn't mafia.

I'm wondering why Lauren didn't join the discussion yesterday though. She remembered to vote to lynch Maria just 10 minutes before midnight, yet didn't say anything to us! She did it via e-mail, so maybe she's been having forum troubles... But then why would she be suspicious of Maria? The only reason people started voting for her was because she didn't make any posts. Seems too coincidental for Lauren though, to vote lynch for Maria and not have been to the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:02 pm 
Wow, so if no one's killed, what do we do today?.....I mean, if we keep doing no lynch, nothing's going to happen.......idk.....I wish Maria and Lauren would come on here and say somethings so that we don't try to lynch them unnecessarily......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 pm 
I guess wait for the investigator to figure out who it was? Or vote Lauren... See what happens.

Do you think Mafia's snowed out for tonight? Or waiting for a late kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:36 pm 
So. Rutu came in saying she was dead and Alex has just confirmed it.
Alibis?
Mine:
I was in McCormick in my kitchen, both Maryia Lu and Sarah Miles can attest to this.

Post subject: Lack of prescence
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:37 pm 
I was really busy yesterday from 10 am until after 7pm - no time for lunch. After which I had to get dinner and work for 18.02A (exam is this friday). in short, I completely forgot to vote until I saw steph around 11:30 pm who reminded me about voting and we both voted on the same machine.

Post subject: alibi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 pm 
I was on 4e EC studying. Unfortunately the only person who can definitely vouch for me is not playing this game. I also don't know who anybody looks like, except steph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:48 pm 
I've been at D&D in Next since 9. I have 5 people who can confirm this. Hell I am still here if someone wants to check

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 pm 
I was in the shower. Rutu was definitely NOT in the shower with me. (Neither was anyone else, for that matter.)

I was at PE until 9:45ish, walked back to BC, ate a snack, took a shower, and walked to Next at 10:25.
Uhhh I don't know anyone's contact info from PE. I saw Olivia (my suitemate) when I was in BC. Now I'm in Next with Noah, Alex2, Andrew, Mark, Linda, and Alex1.

So, before we were suspicious of Nicole, Nur, Maria and Lauren.
I don't know about Nicole or Maria, but Nur knows Rutu really well. They both live in McCormick. Perhaps she used Manipulate the Press?

Hmm, does anyone know what Rutu would be *doing* in building 5? Does she like ships?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:50 pm 
I voted for Maria on recommedation of steph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:50 pm 
Alex Gurany wrote:
I've been at D&D in Next since 9. I have 5 people who can confirm this. Hell I am still here if someone wants to check

"Hell"

Very funny

(Alex2's character is in hell in DND.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:51 pm 
steph, please confirm this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:53 pm 
I saw Lauren in EC starting at 11pm Tuesday. (Hence my post "If I die..." post.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:54 pm 
I'm also still in my room - I might migrate to the kitchen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 pm 
Well my vote right now is for Maria.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:18 pm 
I went to class this morning, biked home at 11:30ish and have been in MacGregor all day since... there are probably two or three people who could vouch for the fact that I was here.

It appears that everyone has a seemingly solid alibi... except Maria, again. So, somebody must be lying. Here's a brief rundown of my thoughts on the matter:

Alex2 - he and Stephanie were in the same place, with witnesses which we know and are impartial to the game; I haven't actually contacted them, but even if Alex2 and Stephanie were *both* mafia, do they really expect their entire D&D group to cover for them w/out slipping up? not likely
Jillian - we talked for a bit about who we thought the mafia could be... came up w/ nada, but I feel like if she was mafia at some point a suspicious comment would have been made, but that never happened
Lauren - I'm tempted to buy the "I don't know what anyone looks like" excuse, because what are the chances that Rutu is the only person in the game she could identify and they just happened to run into each other in building 5? Then again, we're running out of potential suspects.
Maria - ??? too busy to post, or secretly hiding something?
Nicole - well, I know it's not me, duh. But if you must know, right around the time of the killing I was heading downstairs to get on the treadmill - there are witnesses who saw me in shorts and a t-shirt and reappear about half an hour later, there's no way I sprinted out in the snow to building 5 and just happened to run into Rutu instead.
Nur - has an alibi, but could witnesses be covering for her? I don't think she perpetrated today's killing, but I also wouldn't rule her out as mafia.
Stephanie - ditto Alex2

So right now, I'm most suspicious of:
Nur
Maria
Lauren

...and I think in that order, because Nur and Rutu live in the same dorm and I don't know who else would have known where to find Rutu at 10:10 at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:22 pm 
...just occurred to me that this could have been a manipulate the presses thing - is building 5 a valid manipulation from mccormick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:23 pm 
I'm still at Next, and have been here since I got out of lab. If Steph and Alex2 are at Next right now, we can get together and have a discussion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:30 pm 
I wasn't sure about the manipulate the press thing... But google has this great scale (check it out!). Building 5 is almost exactly 1000ft from Mccormick. Highly likely this event has been distorted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 pm 
Does this mean we think it is Nur? We better hurry, only 30 min

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 pm 
Inspector inspect me please...
and I think where the ships are is more than 500 ft than McCormick?
And my next door neighbor (Maryia) can attest that in the kitchen the whole time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:37 pm 
The new rules say 1000ft, not 500ft. The ship museum is definitely close to 1000ft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:41 pm 
Nur, what was Rutu up to today? When did you last see or speak to her (before her death)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:42 pm 
Inspector inspect me!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 pm 
Ok, we need to make a decision, and quickly... I'm really not sure what to do - is Nur being sneaky by pretending not to know the rules, or does she really not know? I'm tempted to go with the latter. Also, we haven't completely ruled out the possibility that Alex2 and Stephanie are in on this together w/ their joint alibi, though I think it's unlikely. So that leaves us to default on Lauren and/or Maria. Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:44 pm 
The first time I saw her today was after she was killed.
T_T

Around 10:20pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 pm 
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I am the ghost of Rutu-past, come to haunt all you earthlings.............(hey, even if I can't give anything away, may as well have some fun)

*pokes earthlings*

Post subject: Sorry!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:54 pm 
I did forget to vote last night :(