Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Voting Thread (Day 3)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 am 
Let me remind you to put the name of who you're voting to lynch in the PM subject.

Edit: In case you missed it, Nur had a Medkit when she was lynched, so that Medkit is randomly distributed to a player. Stephanie was randomly chosen, so she gets it.

Edit:

Note for day 3: The voting deadline is extended to 12:30 AM today, due to Jillian's death being announced. You may change your votes, if you'd like. Day 4 still begins at midnight.

Last edited by Alex on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:53 am 
Ok, so just an update - as I was leaving Next house like 10 minutes ago, I stopped by the D&D game to check alibis - both Alex2 and Stephanie were still there, and everyone agreed that Alex2 had been there the whole time and couldn't have killed Rutu. Stephanie was a little late, so it was possible, but still unlikely - her excuse (which she gave us in yesterday's thread) apparently did not sound sketchy in person, according to Mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 am 
Also, another note - while Maria sort of stands out for being the only one to vote for Lauren, she apparently asked Joel who to vote for, and he told her. He claims he had no basis for thinking it's Lauren. Personally, I'd buy Lauren's "I don't know you guys therefore I couldn't have killed you" story over Maria's complete lack of alibi two days in a row... but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 am 
*wide grin*

I'm the imprint of a departed soul ^_______^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 am 
I also keep assuming that Stephanie and Alex are in the clear, which is probably a fallacy - just because neither one of them could have made yesterday's kill does not make them innocent... however, they probably can't both be mafia together (because who would have killed Rutu?), and both of them voted for Nur, so it's unlikely that it was Nur and one of them, since there wasn't a clear enough majority vote for it to be safe for them to bandwagon... thus, if Alex or Stephanie do turn out to be mafia, the other mafia member is still alive - either Maria or Lauren.

Thus we have the following options (unless I go too far in my assumptions, which is of course a possibility):

1. Nur was mafia, other mafia member is Maria or Lauren

2. Mafia consists of one of Alex or Stephanie and one of Maria or Lauren

Either way, we have that either Maria or Lauren is mafia - something I believe has been suspected from the beginning. The fact that they attempted to vote for each other supports this.

Of course, we can't forget that somebody may have been conscripted, and someone who was once obviously on our side may no longer be so. There may, in fact, be three mafia members alive instead of one or two... in which case we are so dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:06 am 
Ah, screw speculating... let's just ask the suspects themselves.

Maria, Lauren - why did you guys vote for each other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 am 
Day 1- I voted fr Maria on steph's recommendation (yes, I know not a logical good move on my part, but its true : ask steph)

Day 2 - Maria was the only one with no alibi

Post subject: thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:56 am 
Voting results for day 1
Maria:
- alex2
- Lauren
- Nicole
- Steph

Voting results for day 2
Nur
- Alex2
- Jillian
- Nicole
- Steph

Lauren
- Maria

Maria
- Lauren

So, assuming that mafia won't vote for mafia, at least this early in the game, either Maria or steph are mafia, or neither are, unless of course, they could convince other people to vote for no lynch. So speak up people, and ghosts, did anyone in particular convince you to vote no lynch on day 1? If there is a definite yes, then Maria is mafia, and steph isn't ( since steph convinced me to vote for Maria, tying the lynch vote, which is cutting it close)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:27 pm 
uh, ghosts aren't allowed to speak up... the only person who voted no lynch on day 1 was Jillian - Jillian, why'd you do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:27 pm 
that is, the only person who can talk now, obviously

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:02 pm 
Nicole's logic makes sense, that the mafia are option 1 or option 2, and both options consist of "one of either Maria or Lauren"

Maria's complete lack of alibi is pretty suspicious. I talked to Lauren in person, but I didn't get a very good reading. In any case, Maria seems more suspicious, so I set my vote to Maria (in case of tie, I cast it early).

Anyway, we'll see what happens today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:36 pm 
There is one other thing to consider : that mafia are only voting with majority (though it is a majority for a reason). However, Maria still hasn't put in a good alibi, and yet steph (sorry), alex2, Nicole and Jillian changed their vote, which I find interesting.

I have my suspicions about jillian, who voted 'no lynch' on Monday, despite people suspecting Maria, and then switched today to Nur today, who was in a similar position as Maria.

Conclusion: Maria and Jillian are Mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:40 pm 
And ust letting you all know, it turns out that I do know rutu from physics, but I wasn't sure if it was her. (We met up today in the infinite)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:08 pm 
I am still suspicious of Maria - I changed my vote because it seemed more likely that Nur committed yesterday's killing since she lives in McCormick w/ Rutu, and also more likely that we could gather enough votes for her, rather than being split between her and Maria.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:09 pm 
...Lauren, why are you so sure it wasn't Nur? You do realize, that even if you are mafia, it does you no good to protect her now that she's dead, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:23 pm 
so I never said it wasn't Nur. But my goal right now, while I'm claiming to not be mafia, is to root out who is most likely to be mafia, thus I'm not seeking to zero in on all three but on the one I feel most confident about lynching. If Nur was Mafia, then other mafia may have voted for her due to lack of alibi and proximity to Rutu. To not have voted for her without due cause would have cast suspicion on them. (I didn't vote for her, but maria instead because I was not aware that she and Rutu lived in the same dorm, and Maria STILL had not given an alibi. Who is to say that Nur didn't call Maria to tell her the location of Rutu).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:45 pm 
I'm sorry, all three? Are you implying that they've conscripted somebody?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:04 pm 
Hey guys I know this is kinda early in the night, but I will not be able to get to a computer again tonight. Because of this, I will cast my Vote for Maria now. If some damning evidence please call me and I will do my best to change my vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm 
You'd better post your # then. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm 
I voted no lynch the first day, because it seemed like a toss-up to me to lynch Maria based on lack of alibi, when I figured she just forgot about the game for the evening. Yesterday the location near McCormick seemed to look bad for Nur, so that's why I voted for Nur.

I think the pairs would be either Nur/Maria or Alex/Steph, where Stephanie would have killed Nur somehow before racing over to play DND. Anyway, no kill so far tonight means either they're conscripting someone or Mafia's waiting until the last minute.

someone's knocking on my door... Uh oh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 pm 
false alarm. :)

Post subject: To Nicole
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm 
How are YOU so sure Nur was Mafia? I'm just speculating: I'm not going to speculate on just three; I'm suspicious of everyone. Those that I mention are just the ones that seem most suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:48 pm 
I am a townsperson. Gosh! I know I haven't been paying attention to the forums and all, but I'm not mafia. Just trust me (I was Jesus last game!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:58 pm 
whooooo <Jillian's newly departed ghost tests her voice>