Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mafia Introduction
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:05 pm 
Welcome, Mafia!

You are the chosen ones, sent forth by your God the amorphous pink blob to rid the world of the pestilence that is other people. Because the people of this world in which you reside are terrible -- they lie, they steal, and they leave their empty food cartons out in the lounges to collect dust and hope other people come by to clean these things up instead of throwing away the damn things themselves. They don't even properly worship your gods anymore, and that makes your gods sad.

Humankind is beyond redemption, your [ambi][bene][male]volent Robot Overlord feels. But your God the amorphous pink blob disagrees.

This is where you come in. As members of the Mafia you are inherently worshippers of the Church of your God the amorphous pink blob, and your God the pink amorphous blob believes that a purging of the masses is in order.

So here's the deal: you kill a bunch of people, and if you manage to kill everyone else that isn't in our faction I'll give you riches and power and all that other stuff that gods promise to mortals who successfully do their bidding.

But be careful. Your [ambi][bene][male]volent Robot Overlord has already given up hope on any human redemption, and his Prophets will Smite the shit out of you if they find out who you are. Among the humans there are also Investigators who can uncover the identities of killers and Superheroes who sometimes cannot die -- and a certain percent of the population who, driven to desperate measures, can both become invincible and investigate any purgings committed by members of our sect. With every day that passes without a purging the fear and paranoia set over the town will also permanently diminish -- after three days without active purgings by our sect the mist will permanently vanish and the people will learn the identity of one of their own at a rate of one person per day that there isn't a kill.

Luckily, all is not quite lost. There are five of you:
  • abergal
  • andres
  • Ausfathman
  • Miranda Gavrin
  • rmli
...and the corruption of the town is such that two people have gone Rogue somewhere in town and secretly joined our sect. As intelligent, charismatic members of the Church of your God the amorphous pink blob you also have the ability to convince one, and only one, member of the town to join our side, as well as an arsenal of weapons and skills at your disposal.

So go forth, my children, and KILL PEOPLE.

Hugs and kisses,

Your God the amorphous pink blob :)

Post subject: Re: Mafia Introduction
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:35 pm 
Alright guys, my name is Austin and I've only played as a solo mafia before (was conscripted then the only living mafia was executed.) But here's what I know from past games:

What's important:
1. Kill.
2. Everyday.
3. Or else we lose.
4. Be clever.
5. Have good alibis.
6. :twisted:
7. Don't get caught.
8. Have a plan early in the day.
9. Execute your tasks.
10. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK HERE OFTEN.
11. If you don't like the above, let's get a group text.
12. One or more of us should claim to have an inspector role and declare it to exactly one other person, and report every day investigation results through the proxy.