Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Daily Kill Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:05 pm 
We need to make sure that a kill happens every day. I'm starting this thread for the purpose of having a sticky thread in which the planned kill for the day is posted.

Any suggestions for people killed/abilities used? I'm generally in favor of killing more active/clever people first. We should decide this soon-ish to make sure a kill happens by the end of tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: Daily Kill Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:32 am 
Hi guys. I think we should kill ksedlar tomorrow. I talked to her, and she says she is going to tell her interrogation target to two people who aren't me. I also advised her to kill someone later in the day, ideally after the day's kill is made, and she seemed to agree and say that that's what she is going to do. It also seemed from talking to her like she was likely to investigate either me (as next police officer in line) or dgrazian (as sketchy guy who might become mayor).

Here's what will happen if we kill ksedlar tomorrow before any of us get an interrogation notification.

1. ksedlar has already issued an interrogation order (on someone who isn't one of us), and someone will probably publically reveal that investigation target, who will likely get lynched.
2. ksedlar has not yet issued an interrogation order, in which case I can probably plausibly claim that ksedlar was planning on interrogating X (where X is say, Lucy). Hopefully then X will get lynched.

That being said, actually killing her will be difficult as she is insanely paranoid. I think the best way to do it would be at Random at some point tomorrow. I have a tendency to go into bathrooms with her to talk in private, so I could lead her into one where someone could be hiding out and then kill her. If someone who is unaffiliated with Random/Clam makes the kill and we do it in a Clam bathroom, we could frame someone who lives on Clam and hopefully divert investigation requests. This still seems kind of risky to me, but I can't

Thoughts/better kill targets/better kill plans/volunteers to hide out in a sketchy bathroom and assassinate ksedlar?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:15 am 
Better idea: I'm pretty sure ksedlar has fencing at 2:00 PM in the Du Pont Fencing Room tomorrow (Thursday).

Any volunteers to kill her either before/after her class? I need to work on stuff with my Battlecode team and it'll probably be hard to plausibly ditch from that without having a really terribly alibi afterwards. It would probably be helpful if you knew what she looked like. Creepy stalker Asya would like to provide you with this photo found on the internet: http://goo.gl/1HF5p1

She looks basically like that except part of her hair is dyed green.

Also, use kaboom. As the police officer, I'm almost certain ksedlar has taken precautions to make sure she won't be killed, so probably we wouldn't even waste our charge. Plus, it would be annoying if she survived it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:25 am 
Quick message, I'll have more to say later:

My natural role is superhero. I'll be acting as superhero.

Killing Katie is reasonable, but we should consider waiting for a day or two to waste investigation days.

Don't kill Lily yet. She'll need to die later, but:

1. I'll be under more suspicion if she dies early.
2. She's tended to have really bad luck with dying early in the past, and I want to let her play the game for a while :D. This is probably the only time in the game that I'll have out-of-game reasons for something or that I'll be 'nice' in any way.

We'll want people to kill people that they don't know well, so that they are not natural investigation targets.

We should all have each others phone numbers. Mine is 619-655-0432

I'll have more to say later. I need to go to work now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 am 
I'm afraid I'm going to be a crappy mafia this game, because I got stuck with a 9 to 5 job. That said, I have a gym class from 1 to 2, so I could probably off ksedlar today and then claim to have gone back to work. I publicly revealed the gym class already though, so it might be suspicious if I do it. Thoughts? (Please let me know before 12:45).

Also, we conscripted Superhero Dgrazian? Heck yes!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:59 am 
Do you guys know who/where rmli is? (Rmli please acknowledge us!)

It would be awesome if rmli could make kills, especially on a randomite like Ksedlar!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 pm 
rmli is a Randomite (she lives on my floor). I haven't seen her around for a while, though.

I'm going to say you should make the kill if you can make it, seeing as you'll probably arouse the least suspicion coming up to her since Katie doesn't actually know you. I doubt we'll get a better chance to kill her in the next three days.

Your gym class is pretty suspicious, though, given that it's right next to hers. I would actually suggest you use Manipulate the Press to "change the location" but really to make all investigations negative. If possible, you should change the location to Du Pont (that is, not change the location) but just use the ability to make investigations turn up negative. If mods say you can't do this, change it to a nearby location, because I'll bet Katie will have told someone where she is. I think that's probably reasonable, seeing as Manipulate the Press will likely be less useful later game and people won't think of changing the location to the already given location.

People can contest me on Manipulate the Press, though.

Also, don't forget to use kaboom. I might try and subtly suggest to Katie that she acquire ltchin's medkit before she leaves today, so if you killed her with it it'd be destroyed and we'll get the charge back. Definitely make the kill if it's physically feasible. Let us know if it goes down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:49 pm 
Will do. For the amorphous pink blob!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:52 pm 
Hey, I doubt you'll see this in time, but I think ksedlar will be arriving there with Lisa, so you probably want to be careful. Lisa is a tall-ish girl with her hair dyed red.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:57 pm 
Oh gosh, I really hope this went ok... I still think it's fine if we don't kill her today.

The most important thing is that when one of us makes a kill, that person is not a natural investigation target, and it sounds like Miranda is a very natural person to investigate. We can use manipulate the press of course, but we can only do that twice...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:03 pm 
Yeah, Lisa has fencing too. She will undoubtedly report if she isn't killed. Let me know if you do kill ksedlar and Lisa notices. I might be able to intercept her on the way back to Random.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:10 pm 
I killed Ksedlar before getting your messages, sorry. I didn't see any red-haired people around but that doesn't mean there weren't any. Also I ran into her in Rockwell so I manipulated the press to put it in DuPont. Sorry for spending a Manipulate without confirming, but it was 20 feet from my gym class.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 pm 
Her hair is dyed dark red and isn't super immediately obvious, if that's relevant. Was she walking with anyone/were there a lot of people around?

I know Lisa has fencing, so it seems likely that she saw. It ends at 3:00 PM, so I can try to kill her afterwards using Scheme. It would be using three powers, though, so I don't know if it's a good idea.

It does benefit us that I don't think Lisa actually knows who you are, so even if she saw you kill Katie, she won't know who exactly to report? Probably can give a physical description, though. We might be able to get her lynched?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:19 pm 
She said she was "meeting up with Lisa", so it's possible that she actually hadn't meet her at the gym yet. That would probably be ideal. Where exactly did you meet her in Rockwell (in relation to the location of the fencing room). I think if she wasn't explicitly walking with someone, she probably hadn't encountered Lisa yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:36 pm 
Regardless of what happens with the murder, now that ksedlar is dead, I will be next in line for police officer.

Should I try to take the position? It will be sketchy if I live whereas katie died so quickly in the role. I'm strongly considering saying that for reasons unnamed, I think it would be a bad idea for me to be a police officer. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:38 pm 
Are you guys Manipulating the Press? I need to know if the location is being changed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:41 pm 
I assume she sent it in the PM? See post above, "I manipulated the press to put it in DuPont".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:54 pm 
How many signatures off are you? Remeber Katie is dead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm 
I need four more, I think. I'm pretty sure I'm the closest, of candidates running for police officer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 pm 
I'm getting optimistic that Lisa didn't see, because she hasn't reported anything on the forum yet.

Hopefully they do investigate Miranda, assuming she Manipulated the Press :-)

Also, did we regenerate kabooms ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:05 pm 
I don't know about the regeneration. ksedlar didn't have the medkit when I talked to her. She said she was planning on getting one and that it wasn't in ltchin's possession any more. I don't know if she has a microphone/other ability that would let her live. I want to believe in ksedlar's paranoia and immediate acquiration of items that would protect her, but it's possible that we just used up a charge.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:05 pm 
Kaboom was not regenerated - you have 4 left.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 pm 
I have a temporary excuse for not having my act together for the town so much: I'm feeling kind of sick (I left work early today)

On the downside, I feel kind of sick, so I might not be the most helpful in the next day or two :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:06 pm 
You have just used up a charge. You have four Kabooms left.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:07 pm 
:C. Sorry, guys, my bad. Will be more careful with kabooms in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:11 pm 
That's ok. From our perspective, it was a good idea to use it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:13 pm 
Lucia wants to talk to me about ksedlar in private.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:20 pm 
Wait. I do?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:23 pm 
Sorry. *Lucy.

EDIT: In case I am messing up again, the randomite who is an ET pledge.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:26 pm 
Lucy said she is investigating lisa vicotr jfrish george