Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Plotting Day 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:41 pm 
Thoughts regarding yesterday/today:

1. We shouldn't have manipulated the press (that ability is better saved for later when spreading confusion is more important.)

2. Jfrisch is proselytizing against me. He does this every game; he's convinced that people don't lynch me nearly enough. Until yesterday, I tremendously disagreed with him, but now I'm not so sure...But yeah, he's talking about trying to lynch me in a few days if I'm still alive. This probably won't actually happen, but I might have trouble being really influential with town. Basically, I can't do anything sketchy, at least not until later in the game.

3. Largely because of issues related to (2) I don't think conscripting me was a great idea, but what's done is done :D Also, I'm with people (especially Lily) or at work a lot, which makes 'hunting' difficult for me. I'll do my best though!

4. I don't think killing katie was correct yesterday. It would have been better to kill her a couple days later, in order to waste interrogation days. Then again, she's a dangerous player for sure, and having her out of the way is pretty great!

5. It might be nice to kill lisa, shortly before interrogation results come out.

6. Our modus operandi should continue to be to

Post subject: Re: Plotting Day 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:54 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Thoughts regarding yesterday/today:
6. Our modus operandi should continue to be to

Was this intentional or not? If not, let us in on what our MO is! :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:30 am 
Yeah, I agree that killing Katie later would have been better and that Manipulate the Press shouldn't have been used. That being said, I think the opportunity we had was pretty good (Katie is not generally found alone going anywhere).

As for conscripting you... I don't know that I regret it yet given that town doesn't seem super organized, but you have a good point. I don't know what your work schedule is, but it seems plausible to make kills in the afternoon and might be effective in that random passersby don't know you/you could wait a bit before coming to Random and claim that you were at work.

Why do you think Josh did/would tell you that he was planning on lynching you? Also, given the amount of plots that he plays, he seems like an okay kill target. He has a really ridiculous sleep schedule and will probably be up quite late, if that's what we want to do. I think for tomorrow, though, we should just focus on killing someone who won't attract too much attention. We can probably look at people's schedules, post where they'll be, and have someone assassinate them.

Also, if anyone happens to either know Jacobian's desk shift/if Miranda can figure out when he's coming to Random, he... might be an okay target? Maybe especially if Austin or someone who doesn't live at Random killed him. Might even not be super suspicious if he was at Random. If Rebecca comes, kills him, then claims to have been at her UPOP it will be an okay alibi. I don't know.

I am super super tired and going to bed for the day. I'll be up early tomorrow morning. Please do scheme/kill without me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:10 am 
...Our modus operandi should be that the killer is not well-associated with the victim. Ideally, the killer has an alibi as well. We just don't want them investigated.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:14 am 
Okay, I think we should kill Jenny Lin: https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 6041_n.jpg today. (Oh god I feel like a creeper.) She lives in McCormick and none of us really know her well, so I doubt we'd be investigated.

She should be at a Push Button lecture in 26-142, the Game Lab, at 1:00 PM (to 5:00-ish, maybe?), today. It would probably be best to get there at like 12:30-ish and wait around for a while. Again, I'd rather not make the kill since I'm already suspected, but I can try if necessary. That being said, any volunteers? I doubt any of us will be investigated for the kill.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:26 am 
Miranda, how well would you be able to do this?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:32 am 
Uh... I'm bad at stalking people, so that's the WRONG JENNY LIN.

Will attempt to find a picture of the right Jenny Lin and post it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:44 am 
Okay, seeing as I don't know what she looks like and don't want to try and kill some random person, I suggest we change our target to svolz: https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 3167_n.jpg who is a similarly far-removed target. (For everyone who sees this post after the game is over: I'm sorry. I'm sorry for stalking you.)

She should have 8.20 from 3:00 - 4:30 PM in 26-152. Again, any volunteers to kill her either before or after? I may or may not be able to come up with a good alibi for this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:56 am 
I can't get to that 8.20 time. I could kill her after 5 if you know where she'll be. Where does she live?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:00 pm 
I could kill here, but I would have no alibi and would probably be seen leaving random for no good reason.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:06 pm 
Andres, it's essential that nobody sees you leaving random. For example, don't go via desk. Could you plausibly 'have been in your room the whole time?'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm 
Also, guys, don't be overly fast to respond to my town-hall post about meeting at Maseeh. Especially if you've been otherwise inactive on the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 pm 
Can any of you, preferably Miranda, andres, or rmli, make a reasonable kill today for sure (or close to for sure)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 pm 
andres, people don't see you around Random all that often, so you could probably go out of the not-desk side entrance, claim to have been in your room, or if someone saw you, doing something. I might be able to provide an alibi for you being in your room at approximately the time/provide a sketchy alibi that people could fall onto if necessary.

To clarify, someone would have to meet her outside of 26-152 at around 4:30 (preferably getting there earlier, just in case), and kill her. I will do that if everyone else can't, but I really don't want to because Lucy is already suspicious of me.

Also, I will try calling/poking Rebecca.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 pm 
It would be good if somebody other than Asya or I does this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:21 pm 
I will be hunting for https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 3167_n.jpg at 4:30 PM in 26-152 and probably come back with a Shaw's bag just in case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:44 pm 
Go Andres!!! Careful about the Shaw's bag, though. That sounds really close to the eternally damned receipt :P

But yeah, the important thing is that nobody sees you and you can plausibly claim to have been in your room the whole time (or wherever else you might plausibly have been.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:53 pm 
Don't, Andres! I contracted rmli to do it, hopefully it goes well. I'll be saying that she was bringing things up for the Bonfire party at around the time, which is close, +- 30 mins.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:05 pm 
Ok :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:14 pm 
So has rmli cconfimed that she'll do it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:30 pm 
What time will rmli be making the kill?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:38 pm 
She said she would, but I haven't seen her in a while. In the case that she didn't, I can probably kill at the meet up tomorrow and then disappear (I need to help with preparations for the Bonfire party).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:47 pm 
You can make a kill today or tomorrow? It's really important that we make a kill today.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:53 pm 
Sorry, I meant today.

I called rmli; she said couldn't find our target. I think she's kind of more hosed than expected over break, so she hasn't really been checking forums/up-to-date with rules and stuff.

I can try and kill today; at the meet-up if not at some other time I find. I'm not sure how well hiding out at Maseeh would/will go, but I'll try if I have to. If someone else has a better kill suggestion/opportunity, we should do that instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:59 pm 
Could andres make a good kill instead? Or rmli?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:59 pm 
Killing her in Maseeh is a good idea if and only if you do not go to the meeting, and have not told anyone that you will be going to the meeting (or at least have a plausible "something came up" in case anyone asks). I can back up your alibi if it's somewhere I'd plausibly go (grocery store or something), because I doubt any other players are going to see me tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 pm 
Or Austin or Miranda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:06 pm 
I can't do it today; I'm going to be in Arlington most of the evening. I might be able to do a kill tomorrow if it's brief and somewhere I won't be recognized (e.g. I can't walk into Random).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:21 pm 
Austin? Rmli?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:22 pm 
Also, you can totally enter random. You just can't be seen :-)