A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:06 pm 
Actually, yeah, you might want to try that. Investigating her for pika I mean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:08 pm 
I... don't think so? It seems like graveyard manipulation would be much more useful late game, possibly to make someone innocent appear to be mafia.

Plus, if people think rmli made the kill, that would probably be good for us since NPs might drop it and Miranda wouldn't get investigated.

Also, okay. 'Investigating' rmli for Pika.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:20 pm 
I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to rmli for being mistaken for her by NPs, voting to lynch her, and generally being indirectly responsible for her death. Just business, nothing personal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:23 pm 
Yep, we're not doing the shovel manipulation here.

Also, Miranda, what does Adam Rodriguez know about the mafia game. Apparently, he was the person who revealed that rmli was at pika :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 pm 
Okay, so, hm. If dgrazian gets Prophet-checked, we're basically fucked no matter what because even if we did claim it, Prophet deaths are officially announced. It actually feels a bit broken to me; I'm confused as to why the standard modus operandum for game isn't to Prophet-check someone in public immediately, establishing at least one confirmed and living innocent in the process (or at least having one there a day later).

According to statistics, there are likely ~3 Prophets still around in game. If anyone knows anything about an active Prophet, we should consider making it our priority to kill them as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 pm 
Oh, also, I couldn't contact ermain so I ended up revealing to Alex that I was an investigator as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 pm 
Adam has played before; I can try to find out what he knows about this specific game later.

Also that NP on Beast says he could ID me from a picture, but seeing as he thinks I'm blond I'm not sure how worried to be.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 pm 
Lily Chen just revealed to me as rogue and would be willing to prove herself by killing someone today or tomorrow. Yay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:53 pm 
Sibyani also revealed through pm as rogue. Yay.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:54 pm 
Quoting Sibyani: I'm a rouge and would like to get in touch with the Mafias. Someone send me an email to h.sibyani@gmail.com from a fake account and I could prove that I'm a rogue by killing a target.

Please forward this message to one of the Mafias before you die. Let me know when that happens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:57 pm 
Miranda Gavrin wrote:
Adam has played before; I can try to find out what he knows about this specific game later.

Also that NP on Beast says he could ID me from a picture, but seeing as he thinks I'm blond I'm not sure how worried to be.

Looks like I spoke too soon. I guess I should make a kill tomorrow if I survive the night, since I'm already pretty fucked.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:59 pm 
rmli, tell sibyani to prove himself as rogue by killing david kaufman tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:04 pm 
Done

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 pm 
rmli and Miranda: Lock yourselves in your room. Someone will try to smite one of you today. You need to kill them before they can do that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:12 pm 
Dammit NP's!!! This is a disaster for us. Oh well, we have to hand it to the town, they are really on top of their game!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:15 pm 
I need to make a desperation kill tomorrow. Complication: apparently Kemus' gay knight is after me. For tonight, I'm locking myself in my room to hide from prophets. Tomorrow, I need to know where the doomed gay knight ISN'T, so I can kill someone, anyone, else. Preferably a prophet. And then either lock myself in my room again, or let myself get smote so they lynch a townie tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:41 pm 
Better not to get smitten because we would have a proven innocent on our hands.

Information: the gay knight's name is Jonathan. He's Asian, medium height, and has short, spiky hair. He and dkaufman are on their way to Pika now. They're going to ring the doorbell, ask for you, and try to kill you.

A thought I have: if dkaufman is a rogue, this is an exceedingly good opportunity for him to kill gxing and prove it (he could claim it was you). I think that if dkaufman doesn't do this, we can safely assume that he's town aligned (not that that's super useful).

Ooh, better thought! How does this sound: we tell rogues to go with Jonathan to Pika tomorrow and kill him. You can get blamed; if necessary, we could frame you. Then we'd have proven rogues on our hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:20 am 
Re prophets: duly noted, won't get smote.
Killing Jonathan is a bit of a waste, since he's gonna bite it anyway. But I'm fine with you having him killed and blaming me if you want. Just make sure the rogues don't get caught doing it--if there's a big party coming to pika to get me they won't be able to pull it off.
AFAIK, the two rogues are Lily Chen and Sibyani.
Other than potentially Jonathan, who do we want the rogues to kill? We should probably send at most one rogue after Jonathan and the other, or both, after someone else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 am 
I'm pretty sure lily is not really a rogue. The correct thing for townies to do is pm you claiming to be rogue, in order to generate noise. Sibyani seems substantially more likely to actually be rogue.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:04 am 
What makes you suspect Lily but not Sibyani is lying? I agree that lots of townies are PMing me claiming rogue as they should be. I suggest we agree on a different potential target per claimed rogue and not tell them any priveliged info until they kill their target. Please give me kill target suggestions ASAP so I can pass them out!