Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Plotting Day 4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:42 pm 
Lilly Chen thinks I'm a rogue. She told me Kemus's gay knight lover was juesato, from Next House. Picture: http://javadc.org/wordpress/wp-content/ ... Uesato.png
Should I tell her I'm mafia, or wait until she kills someone?

Post subject: Re: Plotting Day 4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:49 pm 
Also a guy calling himself "Jonathan" just knocked on my locked door. My very excellent boyfriend informed him that I was out of the house. I would like to kill a randomite tomorrow; if someone could let me in and/or point me at a target without incriminating themselves that would be great. Alternately I could make another attack on EC.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:51 pm 
Yep. That's the gay knight.

I don't think we ordered Lily Chen to kill anyone and it's super obvious that you're mafia. Go ahead and reveal it.

I posted this in the other thread, but I have an idea. juesato is going to try and kill you tomorrow before he dies as a gay knight. Lily Chen or the other proposed rogue could offer to go with him, then kill him at Pika. Then people would think that you killed him, and you would have another kill that you could maybe use to kill someone more interesting. More importantly, Lily Chen/other rogue would be confirmed. Thoughts?

Don't ask anyone to do this until we discuss it. You have time tomorrow.

Also, consider posting a forum post in the form of "Rogues, PM me." See if you get anything interesting. If nothing else, it will make it seem like no one has revealed to you yet.

Also, is Lily Chen claiming mafia to you? That seems weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:53 pm 
Desk should let you in - I sent them a list of players for this purpose. I'm not sure it will necessarily work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:16 am 
aok says he knows a Prophet. He might be lying. Anyway, we could contact said potential Prophet and ask them to kill Miranda and find out who they are or something.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 am 
Trying to get in touch with aok's prophet sounds good.

If Chen or the other rogue (sibyani I think) kills juesato and I'm blamed, and then I kill someone else, that rogue might fall under suspicion. Why not send both rogues and me after more productive targets?

I will make the "rogues, PM me" post.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:59 am 
I got some responses to the "rogues, PM me" post.

aok said "You are lying. I know you are rogue. I am a mafia. We should meet so that you can give me what items and information you have." So he's clearly a townie trying to play the game on too high of a level. The fact that he wants to meet in person (rather than asking me if I have items first), coupled with the claim that he knows a prophet, makes me suspect that he might be a prophet, or that he might bring one to any meeting we arrange. Think I should arrange one anyway and try to beat any prophets on the draw?

Krue says: "I didn't get a chance to kill anyone today because I was busy doing gingerbread experimentation for an LCS thing and then was watching A Very Potter Sequel with a friend I don't get to see very often. I can try to get someone tomorrow, but I will sadly be at an all-day event that isn't X Camp, so I won't have a convenient place to run into lots of people until late in the day." I can send her a kill target, but there might be a wait.

Got a lovely infodump from Lily Chen:
"Daniel Grazian claims (and probably is) superhero (but please don't kill him. that would make me look sketchy as fuck)
mchang02 is investigator (don't kill her just yet; kaufmand knows that I know her role and her death would also look sketchy for me)
ltchin and gxing are gay knights

kaufmand is in touch with a superhero
aok claims to know a prophet, but who the fuck believes him anyway

mchang02 holds microphone 2 (so kaboom her if you must kill her)

I have the medkit, shovel, and fake ID 4

it's very likely that shensley has fake ID 2

That's all I know. Please believe me. I am the real rogue. I haven't made a kill today and probably won't be able to until Monday, since dgrazian is always around and I don't think I could make a kill without being suspected.

On Monday I plan to kill svolz at her 8.20 lecture. After that, I plan to kill c-rock on Thursday at her gym class.

As for myself, I have claimed as conspiracy theorist to dgrazian and mchang02. I think mchang02 believes me, but dgrazian probably doesn't." Dgrazian, you just told me you think LIly is a townie. Why do you think that? Also, she originally PMed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:10 am 
Ignore the "Also, she originally PMed" at the end of my last post. Also she just sent me another wall of text:

"Agh, sorry for all the PMs at once...

You should probably come to Random tomorrow and make some kills. I suggest you go out with a Lucia-style massacre. :)

I can let you into Random through the 282 entrance tomorrow. You can probably kill a lot of people in Clam kitchen. Usually >5 mafia players are constantly there (dmz, andres, abergal, ltchin, gxing, and aok are often there). Use a set-a-trap (I suggest on ltchin or gxing), a regular bang (I suggest the other of the gay knight pair, since they each know that I know their roles, and might end up suspecting me if they're not silenced...), and an extra kill (I suggest a kaboom on abergal, since she has hinted to me that she has some sort of protection).

My phone number is 347-738-7227. Feel free to text me. I can also find you pictures of these people on facebook if you don't know what they look like."

If we think she's a townie, how much if any of this role info she claims to be up to her neck in are we going to pay attention to?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 am 
lilychen wrote:
You should probably come to Random tomorrow and make some kills. I suggest you go out with a Lucia-style massacre. :)

On an unrelated note, I approve of this message.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:43 am 
Got this from Alex:
"Mildly useful info I know: Erin told me the investigation result that rmli killed Jacobian. She wanted me to post (she'd failed to proxy earlier) but messed up and we both posted. She's 90% investigator, unless I'm being duped by double proxy.

I'll kill Erin when an opportunity arises (ideally not at ET) unless you suggest another target.

I have a shovel that I can hand over for Mafia use -- probably more useful than just "losing" it?"

This strikes me as a pack of lies, because Erin aka Ermain is publicly an investigator proxy. But if Erin dies tomorrow, good chance it was Alex.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:48 am 
Ltchin also claims rogue but offers no info. IDK if it's worthwhile giving her a kill target.

As soon as you all wake up, post kill targets for me to pass to the more plausible rogue candidates. If we give a kill target to a townie, they'll know that person is innocent. Maybe I should just tell them to kill anyone they can and tell me, and then Dgrazian can investigate them in secret.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:50 am 
Yeah. Better yet, tell them to PM you before they PM God (or along with PM'ing God)

Also, Alex is definitely not a rogue:
"Alex: i'm claiming rogue to miranda
whom should I claim to be the person who gave me the investigation result
erin perhaps?
me: um yeah, seems reasonable"

You should see if he'll ferry you that shovel, anyway. Everyone likes shovels c:. Also ask him to tell you any roles he knows.

Speaking of which, you should ask ltchin to give you her medkit if she still has it; else tell her who does have it, and any other roles she knows.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:40 am 
If Alex isn't really a rogue, why should I believe he really has and will give me a shovel?

Kaufmand said this: "We know you're a rogue. The mafia are rmli, kaufmand, AdamYedidia, Jenny not Jennifer, and Josh Frisch. Let us know when other rogues contact you." Is he just trolling me now or what?

I contacted ltchin about the medkit and told everyone who's not clearly a townie about the PM me along with God thing.

We can test Lily Chen's info by calling in a Set a Trap charge on gxing or ltchin as gay knights, or mchang02 as investigator. I'm going to do this at 4 PM if nobody tells me a reason why not/says they don't believe Lily Chen enough for it to be worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 am 
I completely take back what I said before; Lily Chen looks like she is very likely the real rogue.

Grr... The problem is she appears to have been very helpful to the town. She told me that it was her who figured out that rmli was at pika at the time of Jacobi's death. Maybe she was falsely taking credit for that?

We'll see for sure tomorrow based on whether she kills svolz.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:47 am 
Miranda, can you make a post listing all the people who have contacted you claiming rogue?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm 
Also, I don't think we should set a trap unless we plan on killing that person today. Otherwise, we might as well wait until Lily has proven herself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:38 pm 
I was thinking about going on a killing spree at random, so I wanted to Set a Trap now. But I don't have to go on a killing spree, so we can wait. I will make a new thread with a master list of claimed rogues. Remember that if Lily Chen is the real rogue, she has the medkit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:41 pm 
I am superhero-invulnerable today (and I can be again tomorrow.) So if a rogue tries to kill me, the kill fails and we both survive (I've confirmed this with god)

So I think we should try to get a rogue to kill me. It would be awesome if lily could do it, but she'd probably be scared. I think we should get Hassan to kill me on my way to work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:44 pm 
Why should we get a rogue to attack you, when they could prove themselves and take out a townie at the same time? I really want to use that Set a Trap on gxing. If it works, I can use another Set a Trap on ltchin, take out both of them and still kill one more person in Random.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:55 pm 
dmz told me that he will be at http://www.meetup.com/Cambridge-Less-Wr ... 159105942/ in http://www.meetup.com/Cambridge-Less-Wr ... 159105942/. I'd guess the time range to be from now to 4pm. I think that he didn't tell anybody else and it is fairly unlikely that there will be other players around. He doesn't seem to be an exceptionally valuable target, though. (Me killing him would violate the rule of killer not knowing the target).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:59 pm 
Can you ask lily to explain how she's managed to obtain and keep the medkit, given that conspiracy theorist is hardly a high-priority person to have the medkit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:08 pm 
Dgrazian: if Lily told you specifically that she got rmli killed, she could easily be lying. She seems to think you're the townie with the greatest chance of exposing her, and she'd probably say anything that made her look less sketchy to you. Also, I suggest you build up a couple charges, since as a long-surviving mayor there's going to be a lynch mob against you pretty soon, maybe tomorrow. I did ask her about the medkit.

If nobody tells me not to use Set a Trap in the next hour, I'm going to use it on gxing, and if it works I'm going to use it again on ltchin, then go to random and kill as many of [them and aok] as I can find. Lily suggests kabooming aok, since "he's bound to have some trick up his sleeve, and kabooms are plentiful." Thoughts on this?

Unrelated: we should hire a hitman in the next couple days. There's nothing to be gained by not doing so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:23 pm 
Is there any way to save dgrazian from being propheted/lynched? What if Miranda tried to publicly kill dgrazian and failed due to superhero abilities?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 pm 
Oh, that's a good idea. If I did that I'd have to kill him instead of aok, since gxing and ltchin told lily their roles and if I off one of them I need to off the other before they can talk.
The other option is for dgrazian to offer to be politician-checked, or just to be politician on the day they lynch him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:36 pm 
If none of these things work, I was telling people yesterday that I wanted to impeach dgrazian (as a "dgrazian is already super influential with town, we don't need him as mayor as well"), so I could probably make that happen before people try to Prophet check him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 pm 
Also, I'll be around Random today, but I'll be questionably helpful. I can probably try to tell you the locations of mplayers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:38 pm 
Text me player locations if you want, but don't do anything that would make people suspect you. You're our most trusted agent.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 pm 
More things: Lily Chen did say something like "I hope you have protection, Asya." and I answered with a hesitant positive (so she does at least think she has that information).

Also, a small group of people, including ltchin and possibly gxing are going to see Frozen today at 3:10 PM.

I will text you player locations as far as I'm able to do so, but no guarantees. Also, I will run away very quickly if you at any point walk into a room that I'm in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:52 pm 
Moar things: If we do the dgrazian thing, we should make sure to make the kill publically and in front of people. Also, it occurs to me that it will look at least a little weird given that I would totally use kaboom on dgrazian if I was trying to kill him.

One more thing: We should be aware that I bet every Conspiracy Theorist has Miranda on their list now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 pm 
Asya: Lily Chen told me to kaboom you yesterday, saying you probably have protection. I probably shouldn't do the Dgrazian kill because it would look sketchy. As for my targets going to see Frozen: What theater? And is it a 3:10 showing or are they leaving for the theater at 3:10?