Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:52 pm 
PM from Alex Arkhipov:
"Can you convince me your asking for rogues is not a trap? Your admission is somewhat over the top and you're asking for quite a bit. It's something I could imagine a townie doing, and even svolz being in on it.

Let me be oblique: what can you say regarding Miranda?

-Alex"

My reply:
"Miranda told us that you claimed rogue to her before she died. She told us what you said about ermain.

Tell me who you plan to kill tonight, and carry out the kill. We'll believe you when we see the body."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:32 pm 
dmz is bullshitting...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:34 pm 
lololol obviously. We already know who the actual rogues are. This is just for teh lolz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:35 pm 
From dmz: "I'm rogue -- who would be a good target?"

From Adam Yedidia: "I'm a rogue. I haven't made any kills yet

I know Gary's an investigator though. I didn't start the game with any items, sadly."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:36 pm 
The role information people are telling me is probably false, and so it does give *some* negative information about roles.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:39 pm 
Gchat with kaufmand:

David Kaufman
all the lolz?
I'm rogue
...didn't want you to kill me
that would have been unfortunate 

Lily Chen
hmm ok

David Kaufman
...I think I'm still going to hide, though
on the off chance you don't believe me
I still want to live
oh yeah, tjhance is my superhero
there never was an investigator besides megan, that was me just leaving plausible deniability about everything

Lily Chen
ok thakns
do you have any items?

David Kaufman
yes

Lily Chen
have you made any kills/plan to make kills?

David Kaufman
megan's microphone
no
i haven't been doing much in game
prioritizing iap projects

Lily Chen
give me the microphone then, so that I can destroy it

David Kaufman
...I don't think I trust you enough that you believe me
if you do you'll put me in touch with mafia and it won't matter
if you don't you'll kill me
therefore I hide for the rest of the day

Lily Chen
fair enough
tell me who you plan to kill, today or tomorrow
and then I'll put the rest of the mafia in touch with you

David Kaufman
no solid plans
I want to kill asya, but she's been hanging out in public all the time
except when I ask her to find me, but then presumably someone knows
i'm going to have a lot of trouble finding people during the day because of upop
any thoughts on what I should do?

Lily Chen
kill mchang02
she trusts you well enough
she'll have to leave her room to go to UPOP tomorrow morning
kill her then

David Kaufman
she isn't already a free mafia kill?
hang on, I need to reread set a trap to see what happens if a trapped person is killed by not-mafia
e.g. if the charge goes back
etc

Lily Chen
hmm ok, don't kill her then
I'm sure you can find someone else to kill on their way to UPOP
or if you can't think of anyone else, kill Megan tomorrow
and we'll set a trap on tjhance

David Kaufman
I don't think I know of any other mafia players in upop
only randomites are megan, yq, and kate tartar

Lily Chen
ok
then kill megan

David Kaufman
ok
she doesn't trust me quite as much as you think but I should be able to pull that off
(she keeps thinking I'm trying to kill her, but I still manage to get into her room to talk)
(hopefully she's being lazy enough not to report it to anyone)

Lily Chen
how did you get the microphone off her?

David Kaufman
asked for it
obviously she shouldn't keep it because you can kaboom her for free
if she has it
claimed that I'd pass it on
lolz

Lily Chen
nice job, thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 pm 
From lopezv:
"I am rogue.
I am currently away from random, and will be working on a project all night, so you could tell me who to kill tomorrow to confirm my status.

long live the mafia
death to the town"

Also from lopezv:
"I have not killed anyone yet, but I would be will be killing kaufman tomorrow.

I can also confirm that tjhance is Superhero"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:42 pm 
Sounds like people are coordinating the fabrication of role information. Well at least it tells us tjhance is probably not superhero and Gary is probably not investigator.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm 
My reply to lopezv:
"No, do not kill kaufmand.

Pick a different target, or just kill tjhance tonight/tomorrow."

Trying to cause maximal confusion here, hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:51 pm 
From dmz:
"I haven't managed to make any kills yet -- I've been pretty hosed. I'm planning to kill dgrazian the next time I see him -- he seems like he's been helping town a lot. Where do you think I can find him -- is he on Pecker reasonably often?"

My reply:
"Don't think so. He's been pretty sick, and he's at work most of the day.

In any case, thanks, I'll tell the rest of the mafia to get in touch with you if you kill dgrazian tomorrow."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm 
More from kaufmand:

David Kaufman
clarification from god
if a rogue kills someone marked by the mafia via set a trap
the charge is not regained
are you sure you want me to kill megan?
at the cost of the charge?

Lily Chen
who said there was a trap set on her?

David Kaufman
no one
I just assumed
it seemed obvious
there isn't?

Lily Chen
*shrugs*

David Kaufman
:P
ok, I'll take that as a "kill her"

Lily Chen
good
looking forward to it

More from Adam Yedidia:
"I'll kill someone when it's convenient/when there's not so many people around--right now I'm pretty hosed with Battlecode, and I'm always in the same room as Erin and Gary simultaneously, but ideally I'd like to kill Gary, since he's an investigator."

My reply to Adam Yedidia:
"Ok. I'll let the rest of the mafia know to get in touch with you once you kill Gary tomorrow."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:09 pm 
More from Alex Arkhipov:
"I'll kill Erin. She's always her battlecode team though (which includes AdamYedidia). Argh!

Alternatively, I could hunt down svolz, though not tonight. With your confession, it looks like she won't be lynched but rather trusted, and I don't think she'd has me on her conspiracy list. But maybe it's bad to waste a potential Set a Trap. What do you think?"

My reply to Alex Arkhipov:
"Sure, kill svolz."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:20 pm 
Hahahaha, Alex Arkhipov:
"OK, since I'm unlikely to get svolz tonight, please pass on to other Mafia that I intend to kill svolz (and Erin as a backup). Tell them to use the password "pineapple" when they contact me so I know it's real."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:24 pm 
Funny that they're all claiming rogue to me, and no one is claiming mafia to me. Lolz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:48 pm 
From Alex Arkhipov:
"So, I'm trying to figure out a logic puzzle, and I'd like to know what you make of it. I think you'll enjoy this.

lilychen told me details of my rogue admission to Miranda, including my claim that Erin is investigator, when I asked her to prove she is Mafia in order for be to rogue claim. This means that lilychen and Miranda were in contact before Miranda was lynched.

What does this mean for Lily/Miranda being rogue/mafia? Either they are both Mafia, or a rogue handshake was established.

Here's how I imagine each possibility happening.
a) lilychen and Miranda are both actual Mafia, not rogues.
b) lilychen is Mafia, and Miranda was rogue. Once rmli was known to be Mafia, Miranda rogueclaimed to rmli to prove herself by killing kemus. rmli had passed this on to Mafia (which include lilychen) before she died. Miranda kills kemus, Mafia contact her, and Miranda she passes on whatever claims she got.
c) Miranda is Mafia, lilychen is rogue. Lily rogueclaims to Miranda, says she'll kill svolz, Mafia confirm her once she does so. Miranda has passed on my claim to other Mafia before she died, and lily is told it by Mafia.
d) lilychen and Miranda are both rogue. Both (b) and (c) happen: Miranda rogueclaims to rmli, lilychen does the same to Miranda (or rmli). Information passes with Mafia as an intermediary. There's only two rogues in game, so lilychen is simply humoring me in my rogueclaim. Or, she isn't told whether Miranda is Mafia or rogue.

So, everything is possible, but things grow more complicated as more rogues require more successful rogueclaims so I think this leans towards them being Mafia. What do you think?

Also, I'm considering a complicated plan that I'll need to reveal to you as a safety if I go through with it. Will you be up for brainstorming later?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:51 pm 
HAHAHAHAHA YES :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:20 pm 
From shikexue:
"1. I am a rogue.
2. I have not yet made any kills mostly because I've been pretty hosed with battlecamp and xcamp (xcamp started day 3, and battlecode submission is due today D:). I plan on killing either dgrazian or abergal when I have the opportunity. Sadly, everyone knows that I'm doing battlecode with abergal so I haven't really caught her in a position which wouldn't instantly implicate me yet. I guess I could've killed dgrazian yesterday but I didn't know you were mafia at that point.
3. I know no role information sadly. I've been pretty hosed.
4. I have no items of interest. I started with none and nobody has given me anything of interest."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:27 pm 
shikexue said he would kill abergal or dgrazian tomorrow.