Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:53 am 
So, I told jfrisch and kaufmand that I was an investigator. Also, kaufmand gave me his microphone :D.

So now I have both microphone and receiver B. This means that we don't have to worry about any items, just roles. It should be completely safe to kill anyone whose role is revealed.

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:00 am 
abergal wrote:
So, I told jfrisch and kaufmand that I was an investigator. Also, kaufmand gave me his microphone :D.

So now I have both microphone and receiver B. This means that we don't have to worry about any items, just roles. It should be completely safe to kill anyone whose role is revealed.

I will accept this as notification of a redistribution, but please tell Gods in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:52 am 
Oops, sorry. I meant to PM Gods but forgot.

Also, Austin just successfully killed Ishara in her room. He was wearing all black (including a mask). The whole thing was pretty excellent. Like, it was completely awesome. Storytellers need to get on this shit because it was like something out of a spy movie.

jfrisch and shikexue were both in a room next door. Mats (jfrisch's boyfriend) saw the whole thing happen, but agreed to keep quiet. I think we might actually be able to get him to help us kill jfrisch some time in the near future. Maybe tomorrow? Austin, is there any way you'd be able to pull the same stunt again tomorrow morning? Man, that was super awesome.

Anyway, I have more ideas. I think we could potentially make three kills today. I don't know about Sibyani, but one of us mafia could definitely set a trap and kill svolz today. She, as always, has 8.20 from 3:00 - 4:30 PM in 26-152. If one of the people she is unlikely to have on her Conspiracy Theorist list (Andres or Austin) could kill her, that would be super awesome. If you do do this, make sure to use Set a Trap (Conspiracy Theorist) beforehand, otherwise you'll be making an illegal game move.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:12 pm 
I can definitely do exactly the same thing tomorrow! :)

As for svolz, I'll need a real name so I can identify her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:36 pm 
Oh my god, this was absolutely fantastic! I take it he wasn't seen by anybody other than mats?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 pm 
I am going use \bang on svolz (Sara E. Volz, picture) at 15:00 at 26-152. My alibi would be "was in my room" though, which is not particularly solid, but I don't think I am ever going to have something better anyway. Please confirm that this is a good idea, then I'll send "set a trap on svolz as conspiracy theorist" to isaacg.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:51 pm 
I think it's a good idea, barring the annoying possibility that Sara Volz was Superhero instead of Conspiracy Theorist. We should find that out when we use Set a Trap, though, so it'll just be unfortunate, not devastating.

I... think she's Conspiracy Theorist? If you think there's a big chance of her being Superhero, then... eh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:57 pm 
I set a trap and went 26-152. no response yet. gonna kill anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:58 pm 
she's dead.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:59 pm 
Okay. I guess worst comes to worst, we just accidentally used Scheme.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:09 pm 
She admitted to being conspiracy theorist and not having me on her list.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:26 pm 
I want more people to die today.

Sibyani, do you think you can make a kill? Plausible targets I see are kaufmand, who has UPOP until 5:00-ish in Walker Morse Hall. You could maybe intercept him after class. Another possible target is Ellena Popova, who has bellringing in Lobby 7 from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM (note that she should won't be sticking around Lobby 7; just meeting there to go over to her class). She looks like this: https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 5001_n.jpg.

Only kill them if it looks safe/there are no NPS who would care around. Also I'm scared that Ellena is Superhero, because she's one of the people on the investigations spreadsheet with an alternating investigation pattern.

Anyway, either of those two targets sound appealing to you? Alternatively we could wait until evening and see if a good opportunity comes up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 pm 
Never mind, definitely don't kill kaufmand since you actually have UPOP with him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:44 pm 
I just publicly revealed as superhero (kind of forced to with Lily knowing my role, gxing knowing that she knew my role, and Lily being mafia.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:42 pm 
Killing kaufmand in UPOP is bad. There are many randomites and mgchan2.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm 
Asya, are you still giving investigations to ermain?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:28 pm 
Yep.

So, kaufmand just talked to me. It seems like he trusts me. He's claimed superhero to me (he says he's jfrisch's), which I don't necessarily think is true, but scares me anyway so I'd rather use kaboom when killing him. Also, I told him I was giving mchang02 his microphone, which is false, but I could easily claim that I lied to him because I thought he might be mafia/rogue.

Also, dgrazian, kaufmand and jfrisch have agreed that they are both sketched out by your inactivity. Also that they would be sketched out if you suddenly became active. I don't think you're going to get lynched, but the best way to dispel this threat is probably to kill them both soon.

Speaking of which, Austin is going to come over to Random to make another kill tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get jfrisch, possibly with Mats's help.

I also have a plot to kill kaufmand in the workings, and it possibly involves a mafia being at EC late tomorrow night (like 12:00 AM-ish). I don't know if it'll happen, but just in case, would someone be able to do this tomorrow night?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 pm 
Update: kaufmand claims to be his own superhero. I also believe him a lot more than I did before. I don't think we should Set a Trap on him, though, because it would very clearly implicate me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:12 pm 
Killing both jfrisch and kaufmand sounds excellent to me!

I might be able to do the late-night plot tomorrow, but I'd prefer it if someone else could. Do you want to describe the plan?

Good night!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:30 pm 
Uh, it's pretty complicated, and I'm not sure that it's at all feasible to make it happen, so I'm not going to describe it right now. It short, in involves asking a few NPs at EC to help with the kill, then have them give fake descriptions of the killer.

Because seriously, man. If the town can use NPs in their favor, so can we.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 pm 
So, kaufmand just came up to me and said, "Josh saw you last night." My response was, "I was looking for my charger, Shi-ke also saw me," (which is true). Turns out he was lying about Josh seeing me and looking for a reaction. Anyway, I think I probably gave away something in my voice/facial expression/seemed sketchy to him, so yeah. That's not good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:29 am 
Okay; it seems like kaufmand is slightly less sketched out now. I still want him dead soon.

Also, doesn't look like the kill on him will work since game ends at 11:00 PM tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:36 am 
Caution: I'm telling kaufmand to go around saying "Mats saw you last night," in the hopes of catching mafia. I don't think he'll use this on any of you (and you wouldn't have been there, so it wouldn't matter), but you should be prepared.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 am 
Well, Mats is being cryptic but basically we can't trust him to either help with the murder of jfrisch or say that he didn't see anything if the kill happens in front of him. So maybe we don't kill jfrisch tonight. I'll see if there's another good target.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:58 am 
I am all for distrusting Mats, in fact I would assume that he's actively on jfrisch's side even if it may look like he isn't.