Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 8
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:22 pm 
I think our highest priority targets right now should be kaufmand, Megan, and Josh.

Asya, do you know whether your plan for killing kaufmand could go anywhere tonight. We'd want Hassan to do it.

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 8
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:14 pm 
I don't think my plan would work, honestly, and I also kind of want to kaboom kaufmand because he sketches me out and I really want him to die, even if that means wasting a charge.

As it stands, what I think I'd like to do is see if I can hitman kaufmand and frame Josh on Monday. I have yet to think of a really good way to do this, as we'd want Megan to make the first investigation to discover Josh's guilt. If anyone has a good plan/idea for how to do this, speak your mind. Ideally Josh wouldn't know that kaufmand died but would still be the natural first investigation target.

Also, I disagree with killing Megan now. I think as long as we make good kills, Megan shouldn't figure out who did it. I'm also pretty sure that like every single backup has her as their target right now, and the last thing we want is more investigators.

Anyway, I'm thinking about it, and if we can get the two more fake IDs (rmli's died with her, sorry), we will have a voting power of eight, which means we will be good with sixteen players remaining. Right now we're at 26, which means if none of us is discovered, at most 10 players need to die before we can win (this isn't accounting for inactives who might not vote). We have left 1 use of Manipulate the Press, 2 Poisonings, 1 Hitman, and 1 Frame an Innocent, which means 5 non-standard kills and 5 standard ones. Our goal should be to take out as many active players as possible, and try to get to two other fake IDs, which may or may not still be in the hands of gxing and enrider.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:17 pm 
Yeah, I realized that a bit earlier; we probably actually want to keep megan alive, so that we don't get a bunch of backup-investigator conversions.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:24 pm 
Oh, I do have a Fake Id that Lily left to me. A shovel to. Sorry I forgot to mention that before.

Also, consider me fully involved in the game now. I don't want to rouse town suspicions by suddenly gaining interest in the game (**aha! Daniel must have just been conscripted!**) but on the mafia end, I can fully participate now.

I'm going to talk a bit with Alex/Adam about the game at et tonight (I'm going over there with Lily for a mathcamp event.) I'd like to get the town to start lynching people -- the wrong people of course :twisted: I want to see what Alex and Adam's thoughts are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 pm 
But yes, we definitely want to kill off the active/potentially active players: kaufmand, jfrisch, Alex, asjm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:26 pm 
And we should not be afraid of wasting 'kaboom' charges. Those are relatively expendable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:30 pm 
Okay, so here are people it would probably be good to keep alive given that they have a tenuous voting history: AdamYedidia, c-rock, enrider (maybe I could just convince her to give me her fake ID?), stephgu, and victorg.

It seems like when there's not a clear lynch target, lots of people don't vote (see, last night), so probably as long as we keep it all ambiguous we can outvote town if we need to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:33 pm 
Also, I made a column in ye olde spreadsheet for scary active players: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0.

Particularly, I think gxing is scary and competent and I want him to die. Oh and also tjhance, because mayor. Alternatively, it would be super awesome if we could sketch out town and get him prophet-checked.

Thoughts on kaufmand/Josh hitman/framing and how it could be executed?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:09 pm 
OK, kaufmand told me he thinks that jfrisch is acting skitchy. If he was saying the truth to me then I think Megan knows about that. He might just be telling this to me to see how would I react.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:12 pm 
Also who got shike?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 pm 
AustinFathman killed shikexue.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:05 pm 
gxing has a (correct) theory that a non-Randomite came in and killed inisley/shikexue. Austin, you should prepare to make a desperation kill on someone on Monday if necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:23 pm 
Looks like jfrisch is goin down tonight? That's pretty darn great!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:00 pm 
Also, I have fake ID 4 and a shovel, which I should hand off to more survivable mafia if I don't get lynched tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 pm 
Though I don't think I ended up lynched. Hopefully!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:08 pm 
dgrazian, I would say there is a high probability that you are lynched on Monday.

Also, I didn't actually hire a hitman because I can apparently do it before Sunday at 11:00 PM.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:53 am 
Why do you think there's a high probability that I'm lynched on Monday? Is that what clam was talking about doing?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:26 pm 
Hey, guys. My current idea is to Frame someone (maybe Alex? whoever has a bad alibi) from murdering kaufmand tomorrow and ask NPs to give a fake description. Then probably using Hitman on tjhance on Tuesday.

I also would like to poison two people by Monday. Two actives. I think it would be a good idea to poison dmz and either lopezv and gxing. Thoughts?

Clam seems like it might lynch you tomorrow, yeah. I'm going to tell gxing and lopezv, influential members of the Clam voting block, that I'm planning on publicaly saying I'm interrogating tjhance but actually interrogating you (of course I would be interrogating some third party). This might stop you from getting lynched for a few days.

Oh, yeah, also the Framing should stop you from being lynched on at least Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:12 pm 
Hm, well. I'm going to poison dmz; I'll save the other use of poison.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:12 am 
We can actually make our decisions on this on Sunday, right? Game doesn't restart until the end of Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:51 am 
Yeah, I had forgotten what day it is. Anyway dmz has been poisoned; if we don't like this decision, I can probably retract it given that I had no idea what was going on.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:26 pm 
dmz is indeed suspicious of abergal, but I don't consider him a high value target, and he is not particularly hard to kill. He will probably go depserado the moment he is poisoned. Are we prepared to kill him using kaboom or are we okay with having him investigate for two days?

I am all for framing alex for kaufmand.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:33 pm 
God has confirmed that I can change/cancel Poison.

I would be willing to change target, but I definitely think we should poison two people by tomorrow so they die on Wednesday. You're right that it would be annoying for dmz to go desperado. I mean that he's hard to kill in that there's no scheduled activity for him to be at until around Thursday. I think killing him would still be okay. Desperado only activates the day afterwards, too, so he would only get one extra investigation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:56 pm 
Killing with kaboom is no problem for us; we have plenty of those.