Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 9
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:09 pm 
Okay, guys. I have a plan to probably/maybe/possibly win. I'm going to describe the necessary series of actions below. ? indicates I don't know that it's a good idea, * indicates that I have not put this plan into action/do not know if it's feasible yet.

Before Monday:

Poison dmz and gxing before Monday (so they die beginning of the day Wednesday). I think these two are the best to poison because they are hardest to kill outside of this context.

? Daniel Grazian posts a response to gxing that says something like "I think your theory is probable and correct".

Monday:

? Daniel Grazian investigates AustinFathman for shikexue's murder and reports that Austin did not kill him. If this happens, it should happen early enough in the day that no one else investigates AustinFathman.

Sibyani kills somebody, ideally an active or someone with a Fake ID.

* Shortly after Sibyani kills somebody, I get an NP to invite kaufmand over to EC. A mafia kills him. We Frame whoever has the worst alibi at the time, ideally an active, ideally Alex. I email someone at EC that they should ask NP about the murder because I remember kaufmand saying he was going over to meet her. NP gives whatever description of a person I feed her and if presented a picture of our Framed innocent, identifies him as the killer.

The Framed innocent is lynched.

Tuesday:

Sibyani kills somebody, ideally an active or someone with a Fake ID.

We hire a good hitman to kill tjhance when he's alone in a way that, while not necessarily implicating somebody, at the very least does not implicate any of the mafia and is not clearly a hitman kill.

As the person with the next highest number of petition signatures, Andres because mayor.

I try to convince town to lynch mchang02 because "I know at least one backup" and it would be good to have more investigators. I don't expect this to work. I feel like it's probable that one of us, probably Daniel Grazian, maybe even me, will die on Tuesday.

Wednesday:

dmz and gxing die. 17 players are left. Worst case scenario where town has all the remaining fake IDs and one of us is lynched on Tuesday, we have 7 votes vs 12 votes.

Sibyani makes a kill.

Another one of us makes two kills (using Scheme).

We're at 7 votes vs 9 votes. Note that this is absolute worst scenario. Counting people who have been inactive, we can probably outvote town and win.

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 9
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:11 pm 
Anyway the question for now is, do people agree with poisoning gxing and dmz before tomorrow?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:19 pm 
I have NPs consent to kill kaufmand in an amazing way :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:41 pm 
Sibyani cannot make 3 kills in 3 days. Don't be ridiculous. Rogues get 1 kill every 3 days. They can only kill if they have not killed the day before.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:44 pm 
This sounds like a good plan to me. Though I'd rather not do the early investigation of Austin.

I think the most urgent people to eliminate are kaufmand and Alex. If we can frame Alex for kaufmand's murder, that would be super-awesome. All the more so because Alex was very anti-me, so I can probably use his guilt as evidence in my favor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:45 pm 
Oh yeah, except for Hassan's too-many-murders. He can't do that. Hassan should have been making kills before and definitely should tomorrow, in order to maximize his usefulness to us.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:49 pm 
Hmm... I'm concerned that this could turn against you if you're clearly the one telling the town to check with the np

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:58 pm 
Oh, also I think that it might be useful if you maintained one use of poison. I might want to claim to be poisoned in a day or two in order to buy myself an extra couple days.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:08 pm 
The part that I would definitely like to do is to kill kaufmand, anywhere, and frame Alex for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:42 pm 
Oh man, I forgot rogue kill rules. I don't think it matters; Sibyani can still kill tomorrow and someone else can kill on Tuesday. Framing Alex sounds good. I think I still want to poison two people as soon as possible, though. I want more people to die faster. dgrazian, saving poison isn't a terrible idea, but I don't think anyone would buy it if you claimed. You haven't been particularly useful to town and claiming poison is such a you thing to do.

How about just poisoning gxing? He's always in Clam and I don't know how we would kill him otherwise. Will do so by the end of the day if no one objects.

Two more things: Sibyani, you should kill someone tomorrow. I can look through good kill targets on campus taking classes in a bit. Also, in order to execute the kill kaufmand, Frame Alex plan, I'll need a mafia to go to EC and kill kaufmand tomorrow afternoon. Who's available? I can probably do it, but I'd rather someone less likely to be at EC/someone with a less good reputation with town.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:55 pm 
Likewise, I can totally make the kill at ec (and would be excited to do it!) but I think I'm probably the worst mafia to do this, given that the town really seems to not like me right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:28 pm 
I can make kills too, and there probably are <= 2 people who would recognize me at EC (that I can recall).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:11 am 
I think I should make a kill as soon as possible. Remember that there are no classes tomorrow.

It's possible to get someone at Hunt wrap-up. This might be risky though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:31 am 
Will inform people of EC plan tomorrow. It shouldn't be risky since a trusted NP is helping, but I'll be careful anyway.

Sibyani, yeah. Hunt wrap-up is really risky. If you can make a safe kill tomorrow, do it; otherwise you can make one on Tuesday. I can try to update you on people's locations as well and see if a good kill target comes up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:33 am 
Have we considered killing c-rock?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:42 am 
I guess we could, but she hasn't been all that active this game, so she's not a really high priority target.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 am 
Uh... dmz isn't actually poisoned; or rather I had indeed successfully taken back my use of poison on him according to Gods. I've PM'd them, so we'll see how this gets resolved.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:00 am 
Although apparently poisoning him means Andres and I are town-trusted now, which is pretty nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:18 pm 
Okay, so, as far as my information goes, Alex is currently asleep at ET, which is a shaky enough alibi for this whole plot to work. kaufmand will be coming back soon, which means we can probably execute our plot then. Andres or dgrazian, can you head over to EC in about an hour?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:00 pm 
So, I need someone to be at EC by like 4:45 today. If no one can make it, I can, but I will have to think of a good alibi or consider using Manipulate the Press.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:03 pm 
I can do it. I just need precise information on where I should be. Much much better if Austin or andres can do it though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:22 pm 
Okay. You're going to meet Tatyana Gubin outside of EC as soon as possible. She'll meet you at the wood entrance of the West Parallel. Her number is (617)3882959. Text her when you get there.

She should lead you to a safe kill location where you won't be seen by other EC residents and give you instructions on how to pull it off. Kaufmand will arrive at around 5:00 (possibly earlier, so be careful) at which point you should kill him.

She knows how mafia works and is a trusted NP, so things should go fine. Don't forget to use Kaboom.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:23 pm 
Also don't forge to Frame Alex. Hopefully he's still asleep. Just in case, check the Den before you post in case I find a better Frame target/Alex doesn't work out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:24 pm 
Andres, if you can do this now instead, please post here. You are preferrable to Daniel Grazian, I think, and we should get someone to EC as soon as possible so we can head off kaufmand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:27 pm 
Andres just nodded to me, so I assume he's on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:43 pm 
jk, I misparsed that, Daniel Grazian is making the kill.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:18 pm 
Okay. Framing Alex should be a go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:48 pm 
I kaboomed David at 5:15 pm. Framed Alex.

On the way back, I saw someone who might have been Travis Hance walking into bean town. Hopefully he didn't see me or wasn't Travis Hance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:58 pm 
Also, Hassan, who if anybody, are you going to kill tonight? Travis would be awesome if you could get him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:02 pm 
My hope is that at the very least I should be able to take Alex down with me.