Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:16 am 
David Kaufman's crazy plan to fake rogue: Megan and Tjhance will be talking in Megan's room. David Kaufman will knock on the door and Megan will say he can come in. Tjhance will hide. Megan will ask if he's here to kill her (which she has been doing the past few days whenever David Kaufman comes in. David will say, "Actually, yes." Tjchance will jump out and tackle David Kaufman, and he'll shout "Run!" at Megan. Megan will run to Clam kitchen and tell everyone to hide. Meanwhile, David will "try to kill" Tjhance, but fail because "Tjhance is superhero." David will run around, but not find anyone to kill. Megan and Tjhance will post that David Kaufman tried to kill Megan on the forums. Soon Lilly Chin, a "prophet," will come out, and she'll chase David Kaufman around. He'll end up hidden in his room.

The long version:

David Kaufman's gchat to me:
yo yo yo
i'm claiming rogue to lily
and at the very least she's pretending to buy it
i've told her that tjhance is my superhero and (all this assuming she's not just pretending) they'll set a trap on him tomorrow
i've also told her that I took the microphone from megan (which I did), supposedly tricking her on behalf of the mafia
but i refused to go give it to her on account of not trusting her enough not to kill me
"...I don't think I trust you enough that you believe me
if you do you'll put me in touch with mafia and it won't matter
if you don't you'll kill me
therefore I hide for the rest of the day"
I told her I plan to kill asya, but that's hard because she's always in public
she suggests that I kill mchang tomorrow
which I agreed to
(I "the rogue" have real difficulties making kills because of UPOP 9-5 all week)
Mon, 7:48 PM
ok
so victor also claimed rogue to lily
said he knew tjhance is superhero
and that he intends to kill me
lily responds not to kill me
;-P
Mon, 7:54 PM
ok, after some more conversation I'm pretty sure lily doesn't believe me
Mon, 8:03 PM
you will never believe what I'm planning right now
if you're around poke me
Mon, 8:44 PM
long story short I'm trying to fake the murder of mchang
problem: she is know to the mafia to be investigator and the mafia have/destroyed the medkit
therefore my kill attempt cannot get to the point of saying "bang" because it would work
that's where tjhance comes in
he and megan are talking in megans room; I request entry
megan tells him to hide and tells me to come in
asks (as she has been) if i'm here to kill her
I say "this time actually yes"
tjhance jumps out and grabs me, tells megan to run
she escapes to clam kitchen and gets everyone to hide
I "try to kill" tjhance but fail because he is superhero acting as iron heart
I escape but am unable to find anyone to kill
tjhance + megan post on the forum saying I tried to kill megan, etc
mention the part about the prophet; I told you in person but didn't ever put it in chat
Sent at 1:26 AM on Tuesday

Anyway, as we ghosts know, this won't work because the mafia already knows both rogues. It should turn out hilarious though. These shenanigans should be going on around 5:30ish tomorrow, in case anyone wants to be there for the chase. David Kaufman admits that this plan will almost certainly not work, but that it will be pretty fun.

Also,

Megan to Shi-ke (before David Kaufman told her about the plan): If I die tomorrow, it was probably David Kaufman.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 am 
Alex Arkhipov's plans and suspicions: Apparently Alex Arkhipov had basically the same plan as David Kaufman. He was going to "attempt to kill" Svolz, and then get in public conflict with her to make mafia trust him. If it looked like he would be lynched, he would mass reveal as innocent child to everyone. He was also initially suspicious of Adam because of when Adam was walking to Random, at least until Adam's alibi was sex. Ironically, Dgrazian also planned to have the alibi of "sex with Lily," but thought that would be too sketchy after Adam posted his alibi. Alex also is slightly suspicious of Dgrazian because of his lack of commenting on the stuff with Lily Chen.

Josh's role, and how it "should be obvious": While David Kaufman was in the doorway with Lilly Chin camped outside, Josh was walking almost right next to David, boldly talking to him about reasoning stuff. In the process, he claimed that his role was obvious (superhero or conspiracy theorist). Andres was there for it, so it should be interesting to see if mafia utilize this information in any way. I think this was a cool, gutsy move, since this conceals his role as investigator.

Josh's funny theory: David Kaufman is innocent child, and "innocent children are being too obvious."

The Lily Chen/Lilly Chin name confusion: This has been somewhat hard for people talking aloud to ghosts. George, for instance, resorted to calling them "good Lily" and "bad Lily." Tjhance used a weird mixture of "1 L Lily, "2 L Lily," and "3 L Lily," and mixed up Chin/Chen when talking about what had happened. Long story short, many people have had trouble with these two. For additional hilarity, many of these instances have happened while Lily Chen was in the room as a ghost.

The story of how no one realized Lisa was dead: First of all, it took the gods about 25 minutes to post about the Lisa's death. Lisa arrived back at Random shortly after her death, and people were eating and discussing mafia in the kitchen. No one noticed Lisa's lack of talking about game, and no one asked her if she was alive. Meanwhile, Lucy had learned Lisa was dead from mafia den, and she told me. So we were impatiently waiting to tell Lisa about game, but we couldn't. Eventually, David Kaufman reads off the forums that "lzahray died." Most people don't realize this is Lisa. Eventually, there is a "wait, what?" moment, and Lucy and I finally can go off and debrief Lisa about game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:57 am 
*except Alex was going to "attempt to kill" ermain* not svolz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:21 am 
No, I think he said svolz. When he was claiming rogue to me, he suggested either ermain or svolz, and I told him to "kill svolz".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:38 am 
shit sorry
(i'm confused how he connects to svolz though? also i thought he was going to make an ET "kill" which pretty much meant ermain)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 am 
idk, he suggested svolz as a person he could "kill" to prove himself as rogue, and I just went along with it. Seems like he was planning on contacting svolz privately to set up his complicated fake-rogue scheme.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:56 am 
George's confusion: Really late posting, but George was somewhat confused while David Kaufman's plan was going on. This is because Lily Chen left David Kaufman off the list of people who claimed rogue to her, but David Kaufman said he claimed rogue to Lily. So Lily succeeded in causing town confusion.

Asya's secret sketchy meeting with Mats: Asya pulled Mats into a room with her and thanked him for keeping quiet about Ishara's death (which he witnessed). She then asked him if he would help them kill Josh. Mats said no. She then asked if he would keep quiet about it if a mafia killed Josh while Mats was around. In mafia den, Asya reports Mats as being"cryptic" with his answer, and she isn't kidding. Mats gave answers of assorted percentages, flipping a coin, and "maybe." This incident is in the process of being incorporated into a fanfiction. Additionally, Mats apparently didn't recognize who the killer was, despite what we thought, and his best guess is that it's Alex Arkhipov.

Josh's surprise at his death: Josh did not see his death coming. The lynch mob against him was formed after he went to sleep, and he slept just past 11:00 pm. Also, he was suspicious of Dgrazian, Hassan, and Austin Fathman.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:16 am 
Suspicious of DGrazian, Hassan, and Austin Fathman? Good thing he's dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:23 am 
No, bad thing he's dead. :(

I was also there when Josh woke up. He left his room before looking at the forum, and Isaac announced as he entered Pecker lounge, "You're dead now."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:34 am 
Actually, he said "Who died" or "Who got lynched?" or something, and I replied, "You did".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:27 am 
That sucks :( I got like 36 hours warning.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:56 pm 
gxing on being poisoned, in response to Lilly saying he killed svolz:

"Yeah, I killed svolz. And then they poisoned me. It's like, 'Hey, welcome to the Mafia! Here's some hazing...' Except it went too far..."

Andrea's response:

"You should write his death to be of alcohol poisoning."

gxing:

"I've been drunk for the past two days... and then I die."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:11 pm 
Why was Lilly saying he killed svolz?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:16 pm 
i think on the list she sent out with ppl claiming rogues and their kill targets, she listed him as having svolz as a kill target

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:20 pm 
But didn't Lily Chen just send the list to George? Or did she send it to Lilly Chin too?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:23 pm 
well gxing shared it with the other innocent children i think
he at least shared that kaufmand claimed to have rogue-claimed but was not actually on the list

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:36 pm 
Lilly was just accusing George of random stuff as usual. I think it's to throw everyone off the fact that they both know the other person is an Innocent Child.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm 
wrong lilly oops.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:09 am 
Quote:
Tjhance used a weird mixture of "1 L Lily, "2 L Lily," and "3 L Lily,"

I intentionally do not use "2 L Lily" in order to avoid ambiguity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:23 am 
Clearly you should use "Best Lilly" and "Other Lilly" :D

Also, ksedlar wanted me to post this story. After I was dead, I went up to George with a mob of ghosts and repeatedly poked him and shook him. This is entirely consistent with normal behavior for me, so it ended up as George completely ignoring and trolling as usual while everyone rolled around the ground laughing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:10 pm 
Dgrazian to me (while alive): I think I'm going to arrange a date with Alex and the grim reaper.
Me to Isaac: Always says he's going to arrange a date with Potato and the grim reaper.
Isaac: Did you change the codenames again?
Me: No, "the grim reaper" isn't a codename.
Isaac: Oh, right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:34 am 
The story of how Live Action Mafia intersects with 24.00: First of all, all six Randomites that were in 24.00 first semester (me, Isaac, Ishara, Lisa, Asya, Shi-ke) are in Live Action Mafia. But, now we have an excellent example of true justified belief that isn't knowledge! (For non-24.00 people, "What is Knowledge?" was a big topic.) Anyway, asjm believed Asya is mafia because he thinks he was framed, so he thinks that Asya's "Alex killed David Kaufman" investigation was false. And it is true that Asya is mafia. But asjm didn't actually know Asya is mafia!

It also appears as though people haven't realized that Alex's post that asjm killed David Kaufman was not his mayoral investigation, and was actually done by Asya.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14 am 
That last part (it looks on the forum like Alex made the investigation) is beautiful. I don't think that was planned though. But as soon as I read it I was thinking 'oh my god call in the hitman right now!'

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 am 
ksedlar wrote:
But, now we have an excellent example of true justified belief that isn't knowledge! (For non-24.00 people, "What is Knowledge?" was a big topic.) Anyway, asjm believed Asya is mafia because he thinks he was framed, so he thinks that Asya's "Alex killed David Kaufman" investigation was false. And it is true that Asya is mafia. But asjm didn't actually know Asya is mafia!

LOL Katie I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that series of posts!!! Yay for epistemology! :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:49 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
That last part (it looks on the forum like Alex made the investigation) is beautiful. I don't think that was planned though. But as soon as I read it I was thinking 'oh my god call in the hitman right now!'
I PM'ed qql that it was Asya made that investigation "to avoid information loss", but alas.