A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Beginning of Night 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:27 pm 
"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Is anything ever a good idea?"

"...I guess not."

Twenty-six people stand in an otherwise empty room. A dim flickering light hangs from the ceiling, illuminating the room just enough for those inside to make out the faces of others.

They've all been gathered here for a reason. One common goal. But everyone has something they want out of this. And some are willing to go farther than others.

A murmur of voices echoes across the room. Whispers. Secrets. Lies.

A door opens, and a woman enters, clearing her throat. The murmurs cease, and all eyes turn toward her.

"Ladies. Gentleman. We have some important work to--"

A man runs through the door, knocking the woman off her balance, and flips on a light switch. Bright flourescent lights laid over the ceiling blare on, temporarily blinding the others.

"Guys! We've got a party to plan! Now let's pick the most kickass theme ever!"

And thus, the first meeting of the Committee of Really Awesome Party-Planning Youth begins.

-----

Night 0 begins. By the time you can read this post, you should have all received role PMs. Superheroes, Desperados, Conspiracy Theorists, and Backups may submit actions which will take place on Day 1 (which begins at 11 PM tonight). Players may also gather signatures for petitions, but may not submit petitions. No other game actions may be performed.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this was made clear anywhere, so I might as well say it here. There are 3 Mafia and 1 Rogue at the start of the game, and the mafia have the ability to conscript an additional person.

Post subject: Re: Beginning of Night 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:17 pm 
I am going to be largely inactive on Day 1 because of work. I will be fully involved on day 2 (or hopefully late on day 1.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:23 pm 
In the meantime (new players especially) please read my Basic Strategy post. This is general advice that you should very strongly consider following.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:37 pm 
Where is your basic strategy post, DGrazian? I was looking for it to see if I'd forgotten anything in my own advice post, but I couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:56 am 
I put it in your advice and tactics thread.