Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:03 pm 
Hello CRAPPYtown! I love this town, and I want to protect it from the mafia scum. So I'm running for mayor! My petition is circulating in Random, unless someone's removed it.

Reasons you should vote for me:
--I am an innocent townie, and have your best interests at heart.
--I'm hard to kill, because I don't live in Random. In fact, I live in Pika, which is really far from everywhere.
--I'm not DGrazian.

In short, vote for me! Also, if whoever has my petition could PM me with updates now and then, it'd be much appreciated. I'm Miranda Gavrin, and I approve this message.

This ad was paid for by the Super PAC Gavrin for CRAPPYtown.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:07 pm 
Miranda's petition is currently with me, and I am getting it signed when I get my petition signed. People should also vote for me as well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:16 pm 
Also, I have a proposal for people running for elected roles. We should continue to have our impeachment petition on the same paper as our election petition, so that the impeachment petitions will actually get filled out. However, to maximize the chance of the impeachment petition landing in a townie's hands, we should have whoever is elected, immediately after being elected, publicly give their petition to someone else. Then, that other person will secretly give the impeachment petition to yet another person. In order for a mafia official to have their petition guaranteed to stay in the hands of the mafia, they would have to publicly link themselves to another mafia. Thus, the petition will land in an unknown person's hands, who will have average probability of being town, which is really the best we can get.

This is of course irrelevant if the official is a townie, but it does no harm to townie officials, while making it so a mafia official could actually get removed speedily.

I will be following this procedure if I am elected mayor, and I suggest that anyone else elected does the same. Anyone with any objections to this strategy should feel free to voice them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:30 pm 
Sounds ok (I don't think it matters very much who holds impeachment petitions at this stage of the game.) However, I think it's sufficient for a publicly known person to hold the petition. Even if a mafia member gives the impeachment petition to a fellow mafia, the holder of the impeachment petition won't be able to resist a collective call by the town to submit it without seeming quite sketchy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 pm 
I agree with this policy, either Ksedlar's version or DGrazian's. If there aren't already impeachment signatures accumulating on the back of my petition, please start putting them there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:41 pm 
The problem with a publicly known person holding the impeachment petition is that the mafia can kill them and take it. Which is probably easier than killing they mayor. At the very least it effectively gives them two ways to kill the mayor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 am 
If the impeachment petition is still valid at that point (which historically it almost never is/would be.)

But again, I'm fine with any non-stupid protocol for this.