Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:47 pm 
Proxies for investigators should identify so Town can coordinate investigations.

I'll go first. I'm proxying for an investigator.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:32 pm 
I am also a proxy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:10 pm 
I am a proxy as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:50 pm 
I am also a proxy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:50 pm 
Lucy's investigator does not exist and she is confused.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:36 pm 
I am the gay knight of the deceased. Input for investigations is very welcome. Sadly I will be away from game 9pm to 11pm.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:26 pm 
Jenny not Jennifer did not kill Lily Chen.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:51 pm 
Lopezv, does Lucy think you're her investigator or something?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:01 pm 
By "I'm proxying for an investigator" I meant

I'm not a proxy and actual proxies should identify themselves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:08 pm 
Miranda Gavrin came up clean in her investigation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:37 pm 
I am a proxy for an investigator.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:28 pm 
hoseasiu came up innocent.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:42 pm 
Two proxies still haven't reported. AustinFathman and Ellena, what's the deal?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:49 pm 
My investigator said he won't have a chance to do anything tonight, but will try and investigate tomorrow. Are there any targets the town specifically wants investigated?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:03 pm 
About half of game looked through the spreadsheet and ranked alibis by sketchiness level, with white being the most sketchy. So start with white, and if white is fully investigated, then investigate yellow, and then maybe a few of the light blues. Probably by that point, manipulate the press would have been used though, and we should move on to whatever death comes next.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:56 am 
achester did not kill lilychen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:05 am 
About order of investigations - I'm fairly certain anpere is (was?) not mafia, so although his alibi is weak, I don't think it's worth wasting an investigation on him. Feel free to not trust me, though. There's always a chance my assessment of his trustworthiness could be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:28 am 
Motion for isaacg to be investigated.

He had one of the weaker alibi, he's kinda sketched me out, and Josh Frisch voted to Lynch qql rather than isaacg (this last one is kinda weak since his reasons for it were sound and other players I talked to in person about lynching isaacg also voted to Lynch qql but it still paints isaacg as sketchy)

Also town should be directing which investigators investigate who to avoid double investigations and fake investigators being able to trivially investigate their mafia buddy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 am 
I can get my investigator to investigate him at a more reasonable hour later today (I voted to lynch isaacg, so I'm likely not biased in his favour, and I trust my investigator to not be mafia as far as you can trust anyone in this wonderful party we're having).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:25 pm 
Kaufmand did not kill lilychen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:29 pm 
i don't understand your investigation. i thought your investigator was supposed to investigate isaacg. Now obviously they shouldn't do that now since he was killed. But that was announced only 4 minutes ago. Why did you/your investigator decide not to investigate isaacg? And why did you choose to investigate kaufmand? there were still ppl who had white/yellow alibis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:00 pm 
Here's what he said when I pm'ed him (verbatim):

"I forgot I was supposed to investigate isaacg - I just looked at the spreadsheet. The only person with a white alibi left was aok, but yesterday he voted to lynch anpere, which means he probably wasnt keeping close track of which way the town lynch mob was swaying (which is something a mafia would absolutely want to do). I decided to then look at the people who lynch voted for qql since Josh Frisch voted qql. Kaufmaund voted for qql and he confirmed the alibi of another person who voted for qql, which made him marginally more suspicious than everyone else."

Also, resoning post-event, if my investigator were mafia, investigating isaacg right before he was killed would be the best thing to do, since it would give the town zero information - it would just doubly confirm his innocence.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:04 pm 
I'd also like to propose something to prevent mishaps like this from happening again:

Each investigator, as in previous games, should be assigned a letter. Then, the committee that meets to assess alibis should choose which people should be investigated, and post on the investigation thread and on the spreadsheet which investigator is responsible for each investigation. This would minimize the effectiveness of fake investigator claims and investigators will have less of a chance of fucking up if it's on both the spreadsheet and the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:19 pm 
I strongly support having the town assign investigation targets.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:02 pm 
Ellena wrote:
Also, resoning post-event, if my investigator were mafia, investigating isaacg right before he was killed would be the best thing to do, since it would give the town zero information - it would just doubly confirm his innocence.

Do we know that this was a mafia kill? There was a claimed gay knight out there, and the rules say that a gay knight kill is indistinguishable from a mafia kill:
"The smote player dies only if he has killed the gay knight’s lover. Besides the different incant, this is indistinguishable from a murder by the mafia and it is Officially Announced the same way."

Isaac could have been guilty.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:05 pm 
I feel like andres would have told us if he had managed to avenge his gay knight. Would he have any reason to conceal that information?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:13 pm 
Not that I can think of. But he also hasn't posted anything since the event - he may have only had time to pm the moderator, not to post his victory.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:17 pm 
Unless Andres has made a kill in the 2 minutes since I talked to him, he hasn't avenged anyone yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 pm 
Did someone investigate anpere? His alibi is green

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:22 pm 
He has been investigated. It will be announced eventually which investigator investigated him.