A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ksedlar elected Mayor
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:10 pm 
"What do you think is better: anarchy, or democracy?"

"Anarchy, obviously."

"What? Bullshit! Democracy is obviously where it's at."

"I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. Which is a thing we could do under anarchy."

"Psh. Look at what our Committee is doing, though! When everything was put to a vote, they picked democracy!"

"Isn't that begging the question?"

"... Nobody likes a smartass."

She pranced around giddily, looking for one of the co-chairs, eager to reap the fruits of her labor.

The campaign had been swift. Signs plastered the walls, advertising her candidacy. She took a moment to admire her creations.

"Vote Katie for Mayor! Together, we can make the most CRAPPY party ever!"

"You have unlimited votes, so why not vote Katie for Mayor?"

"I like signs! Signs are good for parties! I like parties! Vote Katie for Mayor!"

"Hello good sir, I am a deposed Nigerian prince. I am offering you half the sum of my fortune (20 million euros) if you will help me move the money into another account. And vote Katie for Mayor!"

The force of a frontal collision interrupted her reverie. Looking toward the ground in front of her, Katie saw the co-chair, sprawled out on the floor in a manner that suggested she had just recently made its acquaintance. The co-chair grumbled to herself as she set herself standing again, and looked at Katie with a disapproving glare.

"What."

"Petition!"

"What."

"I have a petition!"

"What."

"A petition! Over half the people signed it! So I get to be mayor now, like it says on page 146 on the handbook! Yay! Here you go!"

Katie handed off a crumpled piece of paper to the co-chair and skipped away, unattentively knocking over a disco ball, a fog machine, and a garbage can that had been misidentified as a modern art piece.

The co-chair looked at the item she had just been handed and observed it had thirteen signatures. She was pretty sure that the rulebook only had 138 pages, but perhaps it was best to not look too deep into things.

-----

ksedlar is your new Mayor.