Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Suspicions of Lucy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:30 pm 
I just wanted to post that both Andres and David have expressed their suspicions of Lucy to me. I find their claims may very well hold weight and warn townies to be careful around her. Lucy has been known to claim at least two different roles, and seems to be quite information hungry despite not revealing much herself. For example, she tried offered me receiver 2 for information yesterday.

Stay safe my friends. 8)

Post subject: Re: Suspicions of Lucy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:36 pm 
Receiver 2 started with ksedlar.

If she really did offer you receiver 2, this almost guarantees she's mafia.

I'd say that she needs a very good reason why she had receiver 2...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:40 pm 
Well interesting. The information she wanted was the name of my investigator too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:07 pm 
Me having receiver 2 is not sketchy. Ksedlar offered it to me in return for role revealing to her. I thought this painted her pretty solidly as town because mafia want to keep receivers in order to get in contact with rogue. Of course the reason she offered it to me was because she already had Mike 2 with her and so the receiver I was holding onto was useless.

If we were both mafia, then Katie would have redistributed the Mike to someone rogue was likely to target.

My trying to trade it to lopezv for information is sketchy but in my defense I was looking for someone I could safely bounce ideas off of. Ksedlar had just been revealed as a fake investigator which meant I trust the other three investigators to be legit.

I also ultimately left the decision up to lzahray. I told her what I was planning, trade the receiver for information, and allowed her to choose if she wanted to go through with it or post to forum that the Mike and receivers were now duds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:12 pm 
If you knew the receiver was a dud because ksedlar revealed as mafia, then offering it in exchange for information is useless, though...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm 
I'm willing to be prophet smited. It'll get you two guaranteed innocents I guess. I'm leaving random soon. But I'll be back by 9:00 more than likely

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:18 pm 
back in dorm sitting with trusted NP in BMF Lounge. If a prophet wants to come smite check me they're welcome to. I trust the NP to honestly say whether it was a "smite" or a "bang."

Mafia should have a free kill on me by now. I want to prevent a mafia being able to trivially declare that they "smited" me when really they "bang"ed me (though i guess they would be discovered as mafia once they didn't die at the end of next day so not too sure how likely that is to happen). Either way if a mafia were to "bang" me without claiming prophet, she would tell town who it was.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm 
Guys, any prophet check should be public, not with just a single NP watching.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:28 pm 
So while this would give us two innocents, it would also give us a dead prophet. I would prefer (if we continue suspecting Lucy) to just preferentially investigate her when she has weak alibis, or lynch her in lieu of a no-lynch, or something along those lines. Also, Lucy was innocent for yesterday's kill according to my investigator, if that affects anything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm 
I trust any actual prophets would have enough sense and be able to coordinate a small group of townies to witness
my concern was more for a mafia trying to get in a free kill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 pm 
It would give us a dead prophet at the end of day 4
I would rather we not waste a prophet on me but it looks as though I'm gonna get lynched otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:49 pm 
You getting lynched would be town losing an innocent today. You getting prophet confirmed would mean town losing an innocent tomorrow. Conditioning on the event that you're innocent, lynching and smiting have the same net loss to town unless your role is significantly more helpful to town than prophet is.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:11 pm 
a few things to that

1) what roles would forum consider to be more valuable than prophet?

2) we would be gaining 2 innocents (sure one dies soon but since conscripted mafia are able to win the game for mafia if they are the last mafia remaining, mafia are less likely to conscript the prophet) The prophet could then maybe do some shenanigans on the one day that they're proven innocents.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:23 pm 
An unrevealed prophet's life is almost certainly worth more than yours: prophets seem really useful (for instance, a prophet can confirm the mayor or police officer's innocence, which is basically strictly better than checking yours), and your life is already worth a lot less if the mafia know your role.

Also, why were you asking proxies for their actual investigators? For investigators in particular it seems important that their roles stay secret.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:27 pm 
You said that ksedlar knows your role. This means that the mafia already knows your role and has a free kill on you. Is there anything to prevent you from publicly revealing your role, especially if it will help your defense? Is there any chance the mafia doesn't actually know your role?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:29 pm 
at this point, im pretty sure all the investigators can be trusted. I asked to be connected to 1 investigator because I wanted to be able to coordinate with someone I knew i could trust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 pm 
Lucy seems very focused on finding me, but I'm not leaving my room until after 11.

She can make her case here!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:02 pm 
For what it's worth I talked to Lucy and qualitatively she struck me as very sketchy. I am voting to lynch her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:29 pm 
I think I agree, Lucy's the sketchiest at the moment. I think we should lynch and (maybe) shovel her, just to be sure.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:59 pm 
Sent my story to 3 ppl. Good luck Town

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 pm 
I am now less suspicious of Lucy. Not enough to change my vote, though. Probably like 25% chance of being mafia (still higher than average 15%).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:27 pm 
Were you one of the three people that lucy told information to?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:41 pm 
Yes, I was.