Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:44 pm 
You've probably noticed that I PMed you saying "Congratulations on your kill, rogue".

I sent my message at 2:36 AM

I bcc'ed it to everyone in the game, and here's who replied to me and when (with brief summaries of what they said):

aok 2:42 am
Requested information that he says only mafia would know

Miranda Gavrin 11:12 am
Do you have my next target? Also, add me to mafia forums!

tjhance 12:53 pm
I can convince ltchin and lopezv to give me their roles, but it would seem sketchy... Also, add me to mafia forums!

lopezv 2:23 pm
I have [item]. Come prove you're mafia to me in person!

I don't think that this makes anyone any more or less suspicious, it was mostly me trying to annoy the mafia/rogue and make fun of ksedlar giving everyone a kill target (If she can tell everyone who to kill, I can tell everyone they succeeded!)

If anyone has any other opinions of whether or not these results were useful, post them here...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:49 pm 
The full text of my response was

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't know the roles of anybody who is still alive :\

I can ask around though; I think ltchin and lopezv on clam generally trust me, and I might be able to get them to reveal. Although on the other hand, if they reveal to me and then are set-a-trapped later today, it might be too obvious if they let anybody else know.

Meanwhile, can I get access to the mafia den?

Obviously (and this will be everybody's excuse) I was playing along to see if we could find out who the mafia were. However, the people on here are probably more likely to actually be rogue than a randomly chosen person.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:51 pm 
Also, I'm not going to comment on the truthhood/falsehood of anything I said in my response :P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:58 pm 
Other things to consider:

-Rogue might not have made that kill
-Rogue might have been found without even making a kill, if he's the only one who lied about their target
-Mafia might have messaged rogue before they responded to me, telling them I'm a fake
-Timing-wise, I expect the people who responded today to have been asleep when I sent out the message. All that I think this proves is that aok was awake when the kill was made (which he admitted to in his alibi anyways...)

Also, I paraphrased the responses to make sure I didn't reveal any details, specifically from aok and lopezv's responses. If they're townies and thought I was mafia, they're likely lying in their messages to me. Should I just post the full responses? My only worry from doing so is that it might give the mafia some amount of information (from knowing these things are false)...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:14 pm 
I was reverse-trolling Kemus on the off chance that he was actually a stupid mafia instead of an intelligent townie. Because I anticipated this exact thread, I PMed DGrazian and Ellena with the text of Kemus' PM before I knew whether everyone had gotten one. They can vouch that I said I was going to fake claim.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:42 pm 
I can vouch for Miranda on this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:55 pm 
Seconded.