Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ASJM IS MAFIA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:13 pm 
I am an innocent child. asjm was an innocent child but apparently got conscripted.

I contacted achester as a proxy to the innocent child network. Ellena, achester and I were planning to have achester smite Ellena in order to prove innocence. I intentionally did not tell the innocent child network that this was happening because I was the only revealed innocent child and having more people show up would imply that they were innocent children as well. Ellena independently contacted asjm to attend and he asked the rest of the innocent children to come attend. I discouraged them from doing so. I tried to ask AOK and Victor to go instead of me, but I guess they did not. Unfortunately, I had a UROP meeting come up that made me unable to go to the smiting, so I was unable to see the smite occur.

The innocent child network is probably compromised, but we will not reveal yet, just in case. I strongly advocate that we lynch asjm first and then Pesto if he's still alive. I will ask mods to have me trust everyone and I would like everyone to role reveal to me.

Post subject: Re: ASJM IS MAFIA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:15 pm 
I also suspect that if the innocent child network had shown up, we probably all would have died via Slaughter the Weak and then Pesto would look super sketch (although why mafia would want to frame someone who was already going to die is very strange to me).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:23 pm 
I did not kill Ellena - I showed up to be a witness for the smite, but ltchin didn't show up so achester decided to "smite" with only the three of us there, and he used a "bang" instead of a "smite".

As for contacting the innocent child network, I figured it'd be a good idea if more confirmed innocents knew about the smiting so we'd have more witnesses if this sort of thing happened - I didn't realize it might make us more vulnerable.

This would be a good time for lzahray to publicly smite someone if she actually is prophet - I am willing to be publicly prophet-checked, and smiting achester if we can find him would be even better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:28 pm 
The three of us were talking about the possibility for the mafia to kill lots of people at once while we were waiting for ltchin; I don't remember who started the conversation but it could've been asjm.

I'm willing to be publically prophet-checked (if lzahray's schedule fits with mine), but checking asjm is certainly best. (I wouldn't even have a day to live as a confirmed innocent, and if I'm mafia, you'd know anyway when I don't die tonight, and could lynch me then.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:34 pm 
When is lzahray available?

I can be prophet-checked basically any time today ... just make sure there's at least 3-4 people other people there as well (not including me/achester) to avoid more mafia trickery.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 pm 
I agree that asjm should be smote asap. If Lisa can't make a smite meeting we should lynch him tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:02 pm 
Also, I'm guessing the mafia used Frame a Townsperson (or maybe Manipulate the Press to the same location) on this one, but it might be useful to investigate us. At the least, it'd tell us that an ability was used.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:08 pm 
Wasn't there supposed to be an alibi meeting in McCormick at 6? Could we extend that into a smite meeting? I can probably do a different time or location if Lisa can't make that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:13 pm 
Can we change it to 6:45 at McCormick? I can make that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:21 pm 
I could make a 6:45 meeting in McCormick if somebody can let me in.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:22 pm 
I personally would not be opposed to 6:45. As a McCormick resident, I also posses the ability to open doors.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:49 pm 
I can make it for the smiting.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:08 pm 
I'll be at McCormick at 6:45, but I'll need letting in too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:13 pm 
Also: if asjm is mafia and shows up, he's not showing up just to get smote--he's planning a rampage. If the mafia knows your role, don't show up. Or show up and hide in the closet. Prophet, smite him as soon as you see him. I would be surprised if he didn't have a trap set and try to bang you first.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:19 pm 
On the other hand, there should be several witnesses around to make sure it is a "smite" and not a "bang".

Also, if achester dies tonight, someone trustworthy (an innocent child, maybe) should shovel him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:36 pm 
When I die tonight, have the proven prophet shovel me. Or choose randomly among the prophet, gay knights, and other innocent children. (I'm amused that asjm's example of someone trustworthy is an innocent child, when he's an innocent child and clearly not trustworthy.)

My bet is that asjm will show up and take whomever he can down with him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:38 pm 
I'm heading over to McCormick right now.

I'd like the smiting to be public, with enough people watching to be able to confirm that it was a smite instead of a murder. Can you arrange for this?

(also, if there are no witnesses and I die from it, lzahray is likely mafia)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:42 pm 
I'm in McCormick; where is the meeting?