Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 pm 
"It's... it's so crappy."

"I know. I'm so proud."

aok, achester, and hoseasiu stood on a raised platform, overlooking the three non-SCUM members of CRAPPY.

achester, the public liaison of SCUM, took center stage and began to speak. "Fellow members of CRAPPY! As you might have been aware, I have been quite busy uplifting our morale in the past few days. Now, I've checked the CRAPPY rulebook front and back three times, and issued corrections around seven times, and I do believe we have come to a conclusion. The SCUM will be selecting the theme of the party."

Meanwhile, the most recently recruited member of the SCUM sat quietly in the back, deep in thought. He had betrayed, manipulated, poisoned, and murdered his lover. All for the Best Party Ever. He knew his days were numbered, but somehow, he knew it was all worth it in the end. This was more about him and his feelings. This was about the Best Party Ever, with the best theme ever. And that theme was...

-----

Hello, CRAPPY! Game is over. Mafia wins, by sheer force of vote. (Miranda Gavrin is lynched, nominally.)

This means a few things:

1. THE BEST PARTY EVER (TM)

You didn't think all this planning was for nothing, did you? We will be having a real life Best Party Ever (TM) / Wrapup Party at some point in the near future. We have actually managed to get funding for this thing, so it'll be a real party with like, food and decorations and stuff. People should fill out this whenisgood for when we should schedule it, because we want as many mafia-players to come as possible (also invite your non-mafia player friends!):

http://whenisgood.net/qc5tem7

Ideally this would happen this coming weekend, though if enough players indicate they cannot make it, we can reschedule.

As you may have guessed, this will be a themed party. Winners of this game (the mafia) will select the theme, and Gods will do our best to make this theme happen. All previous mafia will be allowed back into the Mafia Den for the purpose of theme discussion. After theme is selected, we will announce it to town to get your input on decorations/food/whatever we should buy (you are CRAPPY, after all).

2. Flavor Text?

Gods have been pretty bad at keeping up with flavor text, but we will try to fill it all in as soon possible (we've been editing previous post). For a listing of currently existant flavor text, go here: (ctrl+f your username if you're only interested in things relevant to you/your death party theme)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16L9 ... sp=sharing

3. Rules

Gods and others have lots of opinions about rules for this game and how they and mafia and general can be improved. If you're interested in discussions of this nature, add yourself to mafia-discussion@mit.edu.

4. Thanks for playing!

We made Evictions automatic this game, but we had exactly 0 inactive players, making things easier for the Gods and better for the game as a whole.

5. Second Spring Mafia Game?

Would you be interested in a second Mafia game this Spring? Mafia takes up time out of your life that you will likely be hosed during later in the semester, but if there's enough interest, Gods who aren't us anymore will probably run another mafia game this Spring. People should fill out this form indicating interest in a second game:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a-ZY7- ... 4/viewform

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 pm 
gxing wrote:
Gods have been pretty bad at keeping up with flavor text

I blame having been sick for the duration of the game, sans day 1. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:24 pm 
P.S. Everyone can post in Town Square now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:48 pm 
Op, more things: Miranda Gavrin was lynched today.

Lynch votes for today, in case anyone cares:
achester (2):
Miranda Gavrin
Jenny Not jennifer

Miranda Gavrin (3+2):
achester
aok
Fake ID #1

No Lynch:
hoseasiu

Also, here is the GOD SPREADSHEET, which contains everyone's role information and all actions ever taken in game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:19 am 
FYI, Ellena, anpere and I have talked a couple other ECers into joining mafia, so if you see strange usernames responding to your "interest in a second spring game" spreadsheet, that's why.

If we get enough ECers to join us, it might actually be easier to kill off EC!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm 
Thanks, mods, for putting up with all my rules questions!

Thanks, kemus, for being perfectly ghostly in a difficult situation.

Thanks, Ellena, for waking up early and waiting an hour just to get killed.

Sorry to Ellena and ltchin for making them trust me and then killing them.

Thanks, ksedlar, for compiling our awesome useful spreadsheet.

Thanks, everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:15 pm 
Thank you for at least feeling bad about it and getting me the red bull. And congrats on pulling off kemus's murder. Wow. I'm in permanent awe.