Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Plotting day 1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:32 am 
So I can kill anyone from EC relatively easily. Can I do it without getting caught? That's much harder.

I think I'd rather not make the day 1 kill, though. Can anyone else make a kill?

Post subject: Re: Plotting day 1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:55 am 
I think Kemus, we should try to keep you clean for now. EC is harder to infiltrate/is a tighter-knit community if past games are any indication. Svolz or I should make a kill of opportunity if and only if we have solid alibis and can get away with it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 am 
I have 5.38 technically from 1-5 today, but it's the first day of the module so I'll probably get out really early. I can possibly make a kill then although I'm really hosed today with a lab report due at 5 so I can't guarantee I'll be able to.

Do either of you see Miranda Gavrin on a regular basis? I know she works out at the Z center fairly often in the evenings (around 5-8 pm). Camping the women's locker room and/or the Z center 2nd floor weight room would be a good place to kill her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 am 
I don't have solid alibis for most of today, but I can try to kill someone if we decide on a low-risk target.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:33 am 
Ok, my 5.38 lab is probably the best alibi we have today then. I'll see what I can do...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:46 am 
Ugh, Miranda was right about to give me the medkit, and I had even gone over to meet her, and then she came up with the idea of giving it to an innocent child. Goddammit.

Any ideas for targets? I'm thinking of staking out toller's class in the media center later (less desirable because toller is a not a high-priority target), or catching Lucy after her 1pm class (the latter is risky because there's an NP in the class from Random who will recognize me if she sees me).

In any case, I'm thinking of using Manipulate the Press on this kill. Town will likely investigate the shit out of this murder, and it'd be good to waste their investigations. Any comments/differences in opinion on this?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:56 am 
I think using Manipulate the Press on an early kill is generally a good idea.

Should we discuss possible conscription targets>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:59 am 
Sure, but I think we should wait a while before using conscription. At the very least, we should have a good idea of the person's role who we're conscripting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:03 pm 
By the way, Svolz, you're in the same 21M.600 class as Isaac, right? When is that, and who else is in it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:28 pm 
I agree with manipulating press on first kill. You can move it to the same location and still get the benefit of all investigations returning false, without having the possibility of anyone conveniently saying "But I was there and didn't see the kill happen!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:41 pm 
Yeah, I'm in 21M.600 with isaacg, MW 3-5. andres is also in that class.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:19 pm 
So, a funny thing happened. I was going to go over to E15 to try to kill toller, then I ran into Lucy on the way there (I was scootering down the infinite on the 3rd floor). I thought about it for a few seconds, then decided to turn around and follow her (to kill her instead). I thought she saw me, so I fled down another hallway.

Long story short, I came back and looked around, and I found her napping in the Cheney room. I'm currently watching her inside the Cheney room so I can kill her as soon as she wakes up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:22 pm 
Ok, I killed her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:24 pm 
Alright, I manipulated the press to say she died in the Student Center. Let's hope she didn't tell anyone I was following her... fuck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:21 pm 
Okay, should I claim backup to someone soon to try and get role info/infiltrate?

Risks are that if I back up someone who reveals innocent (e.g. as a prophet via smite), I might come under suspicion. But feasibly the person who I back up won't want to spread my identity and my claim too widely, as that makes the backup more vulnerable...

Thoughts on this strategy?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:46 pm 
Hmm, I don't think you should claim anything to anyone quite yet. Claiming backup probably won't help much. Kemus, have you claimed anything to anyone yet? If not, wait on it a bit. I've already claimed investigator to Miranda Gavrin.

I think we should wait and see what town decides to do about ksedlar's proposal first. Ltchin's post points out a good issue with it.

Claiming Desperado and Backup are ok. Other possibilities including claiming to be a dead person's Gay Knight partner (after shovels are gone, of course), and claiming Prophet or Conspiracy Theorist. We should think carefully before deciding which of these would be best for information gathering. Having more role info would also help us avoid claiming to be the 5th prophet in game, for instance.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 pm 
Our priority right now should be eliminating prophets.