Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:20 pm 
Got a phone call from Josh Frisch saying "On the off chance that Katie (who's in his 8.02 group) conscripts me in class, I pledge to make a public role claim within 3 days."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:29 pm 
So assuming he's serious about this, this means he's reasonably concerned about being conscripted, and his role makes him more useful to town if he goes public. He's definitely not Investigator, probably not Superhero, Desperado, or Gay Knight. My guess is he's Prophet (intending to publicly smite in 3 days), Backup (intending to become prophet), or Innocent Child (planning on going public and gathering info). There's no reason he would do this as Conspiracy Theorist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:51 pm 
Makes sense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:01 pm 
In any case, we should kill him asap.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:56 pm 
Why not actually conscript him anyways?

If we now know he's useful to town, then we get a useful role, and a conscripted prophet can still smite, and a conscripted innocent child can still trust people.

Unless he's bluffing and not a powerful role.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 pm 
That's a good point; we could definitely conscript him. The bluffing thing is a reasonable concern, though. I'll talk to him some more and see if I can figure anything out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm 
Whether we want to conscript a prophet who will die shortly is also a question worth thinking about.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:10 pm 
If he's prophet and we conscript him before he smites, he doesn't actually have to smite. Although this removes our ability to use him to be at a smiting event... Hmm...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:12 pm 
Well if he is a prophet, at the very least conscripting him will take one prophet out of the town. That's still pretty huge for us.

I'd like to be a bit more certain about his role before we do anything. I will get on this plot as soon as I finish my huge amount of work due tomorrow... X_X