Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Plotting day 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:44 pm 
Would either of you be willing to come over to Random and kill Josh Frisch in the early morning (say, around 1-2 AM)? Obviously this depends on circumstances like who else is around, but I'd really like Josh to be dead very soon.

Post subject: Re: Plotting day 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:04 pm 
Other possibility: Isaacg has 6.006 recitation with me from 2-3 on Wednesdays, and immediately afterwards he goes to 21M.600 with svolz. Kemus, could you ambush him as he's walking down the infinite from one to the other? I could text you after our recitation gets out to let you know he's coming.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:48 pm 
Not sure if I can pull this off. Anpere and I have a .004 test friday that we've been studying together for every day. If I mysteriously say I don't want to study and the kill happens or I leave and the kill happens he might figure it out.

Does he have the same schedule friday? I could do it then after my test...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 pm 
Yeah, he has the same recitation on Friday. I don't think he has 21M.600 on Friday though. I think he should still be walking down the Infinite the same way to get back to Random, though. I guess we can discuss that later.

Would you be able to come over tonight to kill Josh? (Either of you?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 am 
Wait guys I'm so fucking dumb/was very sleep-deprived last night and not thinking straight...

We don't even need to use scheme today to get 2 kills... We can just set a trap on Josh. Duhhh.... >_<
I'm going to go ahead and do that really soon, unless either of you object.

Also, I'd still like to get Josh dead as early as possible. If either of you are free to come over to Random sometime before 11, I can let you in to kill him.

Alternatively, we could kill Josh at 12 (on his way to 4-231), 1 (on his way from 4-231 to E17-136), or 2 (on his way back to Random from E17-136). Ideally the earlier the better. I only have an alibi for killing him at 1, but it's a pretty shitty one (I have class with no other players, in the same building as Josh's class). What are you guys's alibis looking like for today?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 am 
Set a trap on Josh is successful (and the charge is regenerated). We can now get a free kill on him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:31 am 
Correction: Set a trap charge is regenerated if and only if we kill him today (so we really want to do this)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:42 am 
I'm going to try to kill Josh as he goes to class from Random. I'm fairly concerned that he might have the medkit, but i'm not willing to use a kaboom on this... It's a chance we'll have to take, I guess. If he does have the medkit, I'll just kamikaze and kill Isaac or Katie later.

If not, we should also consider killing Miranda with a kaboom.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:10 am 
Dammit, i hope he shows up to class today...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16 am 
Still waiting for Josh to come to his history. class I'm watching from the stairs a landing above, so I'll see him before he sees me. I'll probably punt if he doesn't show up in next 10 min.

Guys we really need to kill him soon. Are either of you free in the next few hours to possibly kill him?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 am 
My alibis are shit today (I have class with santiago soon, and then plans to study with anpere from then till late, they'd wonder why I was gone.)

If josh doesn't go to class, we might be able to lure him out into the open by saying we have an item for him to give to his innocent to give to the child network... maybe a shovel might draw him out?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 am 
i think set-a-trap on him might have been a bad idea,if he hides out today we could lose the charge.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 am 
Punting. Going to try to get him in Random now before my class.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 am 
Dammit. He's nowhere to be seen, and his room is closed. I'm guessing he's just going to hide in his room all day... This is really annoying.

I can't make it to the meeting tonight at 5:17. Can either of you make it? We should have at least one person there. And maybe Josh will show up and we can try to kill him at that point... argh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 am 
Maybe you could call svolz and have her go? I can't call, I'm near other players, and she doesn't seem to be on gchat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:55 am 
alternatively, I could gchat cjfman and tell him to give his shovel to jfrisch. this might draw jfrisch out into the open.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:00 pm 
That might work, but how would you kill him without cjfman seeing?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:16 pm 
Sorry I've been out of the loop--had a test today that I've been intensively studying for.

So is the plan to kill jfrisch and isaac today? And try to make ksedlar look suspicious?

I am free right now. Well, technically I am supposed to be in 18.03 lecture, but I rarely go. (Also, alibi-wise, ltchin is in that class and may or may not notice if I'm gone. Not that it's unusual for me to be gone.)

Also, I can make it to the meeting tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:20 pm 
Note that I am making a rules change. Set-a-trap charges are regenerated when the target dies for any reason, even if the mafia do not kill them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:27 pm 
Ah, so that means we don't /need/ to kill Josh! That's fun.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:35 pm 
Svolz, when would be the best time for you to kill Isaac? He has a recitation from 2-3 in 26-302 that I'm also in, and I know he has 21M.600 right after that with you. Killing him right before/after those classes would look pretty sketchy for the two of us. What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:36 pm 
Also, I'd still like to kill Josh before day end if we can pull it off without being caught. I just hope they haven't managed to set up the innocent child network yet.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 pm 
Yeah, that timing is truly unfortunate for us...perhaps later tonight would be better?

Should one of us be contacting Josh/otherwise attempting to infiltrate the children?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:47 pm 
I'm not sure fake-claiming to Josh right now is a great idea. Claiming innocent child obviously won't work. Claiming gay knights won't work either. Claiming prophet is high risk with little apparent reward, since I don't think they plan on telling claimed prophets any role information. It'd be good to conscript someone in the network, but I think we should get an idea of how well organized/how large the network is first.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:14 pm 
Alternative option: Ellena has mentioned in the past that isaacg is in the same 6.006 recitation as her.
This recitation meets at 4 in 36-153.

If lilychen kills him after isaac's class with svolz, it will make Ellena and svolz be investigated, and they'll both come up clean.

Sorry I have my hands tied so much, I'll be free from anpere and my constant tooling with him on friday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:21 pm 
The class is from 3-5pm, so I don't think he goes to that recitation on Wednesdays? Otherwise framing Ellena sounds good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:26 pm 
crap. In that case we might have to wait until friday to kill him, if we want to pin it on Ellena.

Either way, I think it's likely that the innocent child network's already started. I do not think we should risk ourselves to kill isaac or jfrisch unless we have a good alibi. Jfrisch will die tonight anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm 
To whoever killed jfrisch -- nice!

Who was it? What's your alibi?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 pm 
Hey, I just killed Josh. Was going back to Random to get a bite to eat, and wandered up to Pecker. There just happened to be no one else around and Josh's computer was out on the kitchen table. I figured he was in the bathroom, so I waited two minutes and sure enough he emerged from the bathroom. I killed him on the spot and scootered over to the student center (where I'm sitting now, eating). I don't think anyone who cares about the game saw me go in and out of Random.

Problem is, I don't really have a great alibi. I'll make something up...

We still have our daily kill. If either of you could make a kill of opportunity (preferably on Isaacg, but whoever you can get away with killing should work).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm 
Ouch, looks like this was not a good time to be a Randomite without a solid alibi... Any ideas?

I'm going to wait a few hours, then claim I was desperately hosed with a lab report and working on it in the student center.