Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 pm 
Anyone have any ideas how to best counteract their prophet plan?

The only idea I have is very risky -- message someone to get them to meet to be 'prophet smitten' and then bang them and have another one of us confirm. This could result in 2 mafia deaths, or it could result in getting a crapton of role info...

Hmm...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 pm 
I would be suspicious if there were only one witness to a purported prophet-smite.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 pm 
I;m thinking claiming backup might be the best way? That's the first chink I see in their late-night plan...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 pm 
It would be very risky, but it could work. Two of us show up, one as the "prophet", another as the "witness". Victim shows up, gets bang-smitten. We plant evidence to make them look like mafia. If there is only one other witness, we conscript them on the spot. I'm not sure it's worth risking right now, though. It might look sketchy if it takes place in Random, for instance, and svolz randomly shows up. And this wouldn't work with more than one non-mafia witness there.

And yeah, doing things right before day end does have the advantage that it's easier for us to fake-claim backup and mess up their plans. If we decide to do this, then we might be forced to stage a smiting whether we like it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm 
The other thing is that staging a "successful" smiting (where the smited person dies) is less credible than an unsuccessful smiting. We can fake the former, but we can't fake the latter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:40 pm 
Ok, I was just informed by God that Plant Evidence doesn't exist in this game. Whoopsies. So with shovels around to confirm the identity of anyone who dies under suspicious circumstances, it seems like staging a prophet smite would be very difficult to get away with.