Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Plotting day 4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm 
Crap, I didn't tell anyone that I had role-revealed to you. I'm not the type to role reveal very easily to people who I don't know in real life. If Ellena notices, that's super sketchy for me. PLEASE, no one else mention me AT ALL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:57 pm 
She will likely ask me about it, and I might not have a good reason why I trusted you. I've been following along in the group's suspicions of you.
fuck fuck fuck.

If she corners me and asks about it, should I schemebang her and take her down with me?

I am really worried about this

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:05 pm 
there maybe a way out: I told ksedlar, she might have told you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:25 pm 
OK, good. ksedlar would definitely have told me. She trusted me 100% and told me everything she knew. Ellena saw how closely interracting we were, so this will seem realistic. I'm not going to issue a correction or anything, but I'll just say that I minorly misremembered. The story is ksedlar told me going forward. She does not suspect you, there won't be a problem.

Here is Ellena's message to me, in response to my information:

Quote:
Wonderful, thank you!

For both psychological and connections reasons I think you're fairly trustworthy, however I do think you might be more likely to die before completing an investigation than Anpere is, so I think I would still like to go through with impeachment and election today if possible. If that doesn't look like it will happen, I'll direct you to an investigation target by day end.

I don't know how honest she's being, but it seems like a good sign.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:27 pm 
Wait, does that mean she plans on impeaching you from your police officer petition and electing anpere instead? Is that good or bad for us? o.O

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:30 pm 
It's irrelevant. Interrogation is too slow to be useful, and depends on trusting the police officer. It's basically useless in the endgame. Also, if I tried to stay police officer when there is no inherent reason for me to be police officer, since my target died today, it would look sketchy. Still, they need half of game to be impeach, and that could be hard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:33 pm 
isaacg wrote:
OK, good. ksedlar would definitely have told me. She trusted me 100% and told me everything she knew. Ellena saw how closely interracting we were, so this will seem realistic. I'm not going to issue a correction or anything, but I'll just say that I minorly misremembered. The story is ksedlar told me going forward. She does not suspect you, there won't be a problem.

Here is Ellena's message to me, in response to my information:

Quote:
Wonderful, thank you!

For both psychological and connections reasons I think you're fairly trustworthy, however I do think you might be more likely to die before completing an investigation than Anpere is, so I think I would still like to go through with impeachment and election today if possible. If that doesn't look like it will happen, I'll direct you to an investigation target by day end.

I don't know how honest she's being, but it seems like a good sign.

Don't call attention to it, she didn't even notice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:34 pm 
I have currently not mentioned it, ellena wrote up a paper with what people pmed her drawn into a graph, and she missed that detail. I typed it up as a googledoc and am dumping it now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm 
Alright, I won't mention it.

Also, Mafia Den has 404 posts, Town Square has 456. Let's pass them!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 pm 
I dumped their googledoc into a tab of our googledoc, it's called EC GOOGLEDOC, and we should use this to solidify roles for set-a-trap. No one would lie to ellena, since she's confirmed innocent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:43 pm 
Typed up a PM to send to Ellena. Please check/suggest improvements.

Quote:
Hi Ellena,

I am investigator A. I revealed to Miranda in order to ask her for the medkit, but she decided shortly thereafter to give it to an innocent child instead. I don't know what happened to it after that. After Miranda died, I picked Miles randomly to be my new proxy.

I also am proxying for investigator D, who is actually a superhero (Austin Fathman). I asked him to investigate every other day, but he is either really confused about his charges, or doing something weird/sketchy, as he claims he can't investigate today... Dunno what's going on there.

I was part of the proxy chain for investigator B. Initially I was contacted by aok, who asked me to extend the proxy chain, so I proxied through lopezv. When lopezv died, I replaced him with aliciacm instead. I don't know whether aok was actually an investigator, or yet another proxy himself. As far as I know, after aok died, no one has contacted either myself or aliciacm claiming to be investigator B.

I also know that lopezv and cjfman were gay knights together. Lopezv revealed to me pretty early on in game, and that's part of why I trusted him to be a proxy for aok. Cjfman asked me to keep quiet about this, so I did. He told me he was suspicious of ltchin having killed lopezv, so I think ltchin also knew that lopezv and cjfman were gay knights, which makes sense because I could totally imagine lopezv revealing to ltchin as well.

I think that's all. I'll let you know if I remember anything else.

Thanks,
Lily

The only thing that I non-sketchily know that I didn't mention was that ltchin and I revealed to each other as conspiracy theorist and investigator. I think this is something that I could easily say I honestly forgot. Do you guys think I should mention it? I'm a bit concerned that I already look sketchy to her based on knowing too much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 pm 
Lily, the best cover is to act the way you would act if you were a towny. This is a good message.

Kemus, jrowan isn't on the ec spreadsheet list. Is that your typo, or Ellena's? Would pointing this out to her be a good idea?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:50 pm 
jrowan hasn't been mentioned by anyone and hasn't responded. I'm not even sure EC is aware of him very much at all. I should not point this out until more time passes.

Right now the suspicions are on the desperados, since there's 4 of us. EC trusts me and drosophyllum and mildly trusts jessk, so they're suspicious of lzahray.

I think soon a group of ECers plus nps are gonna go to random to sign petitions and get cjfman to gayknightsmite someone. I'll try to figure out the exact time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:50 pm 
Ok. In that case I'll mention that ltchin and I exchanged role information.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:54 pm 
Adding this line:
Quote:
I was feeling super paranoid right after Miranda died, since no one else knew my role, so I told ltchin my role and she told me she was conspiracy theorist.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:55 pm 
Sorry, made a few minor changes. Final PM; will be sending in a few minutes unless anyone notices a flaw:

Quote:
Hi Ellena,

I am investigator A. I revealed to Miranda in order to ask her for the medkit, but she decided shortly thereafter to give it to an innocent child instead. I don't know what happened to it after that. After Miranda died, I picked Miles randomly to be my new proxy. I was feeling super paranoid right after Miranda died, since no one else knew my role, so I told ltchin my role and my new proxy, and she told me she was conspiracy theorist.

I also am proxying for investigator D, who is actually a superhero (Austin Fathman). I asked him to investigate every other day, but he is either really confused about his charges, or doing something weird/sketchy, as he claims he can't investigate today... Dunno what's going on there.

I was part of the proxy chain for investigator B. Initially I was contacted by aok, who asked me to extend the proxy chain, so I proxied through lopezv. When lopezv died, I replaced him with aliciacm (also randomly chosen). I don't know whether aok was actually an investigator, or yet another proxy himself. As far as I know, after aok died, no one has contacted either myself or aliciacm claiming to be investigator B.

I also know that lopezv and cjfman were gay knights together. Lopezv revealed to me pretty early on in game, and that's part of why I trusted him to be a proxy for aok. Cjfman asked me to keep quiet about this, so I did. He told me he was suspicious of ltchin having killed lopezv, so I think ltchin also knew that lopezv and cjfman were gay knights, which makes sense because I could totally imagine lopezv revealing to ltchin as well.

I think that's all. I'll let you know if I remember anything else.

Thanks,
Lily

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:10 pm 
I would leave out the reasoning on why you told ltchin, you don't want to call attention to that too much. Otherwise, seems good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:10 pm 
Too late, sent already

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:12 pm 
Meh. Kemus, I need to know when the mob is coming. Slash, I could go down to AiW to be harder to find. Should I do this, or am I not getting smitten?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:13 pm 
Okay, so I am deciding what role to claim and what info to give.

Anyone have suggestions?

Right now, I am thinking I should claim conspiracy theorist (while it's easiest to fake, it's also not testable... thoughts?)

In terms of information, I should probably claim to have role-revealed to someone. Maybe someone dead and quiet, idk.

I haven't been super involved in town square postings, so I think it's feasible for me not to know much.

That being said. Any specific seeds we want to plant?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:16 pm 
Isaac: There's a storage cage in the basement where all the cleaning supplies are kept. You can hide there; the lock on the fence is usually open or easy enough to squeeze through.

Sara: Maybe *subtley* that ltchin is sketchy (cjfman already thinks this), and/or AustinFathman is sketchy (but you probably wouldn't know anything about him, so maybe not). Anyone else have ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:18 pm 
Kemus: Are you gonna be updating our copy of the EC spreadsheet as Ellena gets new info?

I'm heading back to Random soon, since my laptop is dying. Should I be worried about getting smited?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:20 pm 
Sara: Your plan seems fine. Just make sure you claim something. I doubt it matters.

Lily: How about you get gay-knight smitten by cjfman. Remember, their only prophet is alicia, so if you don't see her, you're safe. I doubt they'd prophet smite anyone tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:21 pm 
I will update our copy as I learn of new info.

There will not be an alicia smite today

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:23 pm 
Ok. I found some photos of her online:
http://giving.mit.edu/ugc/images/profil ... a-Mino.jpg
http://laprensa-sandiego.org/wp-content ... 5x1024.jpg (top left)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:24 pm 
achester is going to give the name of an np who might have seen the kill at et to ellena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:25 pm 
What. I thought all the ET NPs were on our side. Fuck. I'll ask him about it asap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:26 pm 
Reply from Ellena to my PM:
Quote:
Thank you for the super thorough reply! I was wondering what was going on with this investigator chaining, I was confused, so thanks for clearing it up.

Superheroes forgetting to ask to be investigators isn't that sketchy by itself (I did that a few times last game), but I am suspicious of his minimal presence on forums. I may have him investigated or interrogated.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:31 pm 
I am currently hiding in AiW, and I doubt any non-randomites will check here. At 7:00pm I will go to foo to mob to Pillowman. I think I should be fine, others seem like higher priority.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:39 pm 
Here's what I'm sending:

Quote:
Hi Ellena,

Just now seeing everything that went down!

I am Conspiracy Theorist. I've been pretty hosed this week so I haven't been amazingly active. I haven't actually revealed to anyone yet, since revealing isn't a particularly helpful strategy for a theorist. Right now, my list consists of: ltchin, austinfathman, and toller. I don't actually suspect toller very much, but she live in McCormick, so better safe than sorry.

Anyways, sorry I can't be more helpful. I'll send you any more info that comes my way.

Thanks!

Volz

Any changes?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next