Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lynch day 2?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:59 pm 
I wanted to post a pm that I got from krue earlier today if it changes any opinions:

Quote:
I have suspicions that Lucy might be mafia. She has a really shitty alibi for Dgrazian's murder (shitty alibis are more sketchy in my mind than not posting one), and she's asked me to meet up with her before the meet up tonight. I suspect she might try to conscript me as a knowledgeable player, since Dgrazian is dead.

I'm only sending this message to one person rather than two (which is usually a good idea), because I'm worried that if I send the message to multiple people, it raises the chance of one of them being mafia and choosing not to conscript me so that they keep the conscription and town thinks they've gotten two mafia by lynching Lucy and I.

Basically, I'm rolling the dice and hoping that you are town and that I get conscripted, because if that happens, town will catch both a mafia and a conscript from this.

Any opinions? I'm sort of inclined because of this message to vote for lynching Lucy, but is there any contradictions? Better ideas? Krue, do you have anything to say about it?

Post subject: Re: Lynch day 2?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:07 pm 
I'm not sure what we actually have against Lucy (I've heard multiple vague somethings from multiple people), but I would really advise caution. Like I said in the other thread, I think no-lynch until hard evidence is the correct strategy for town.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:08 pm 
I will note I actually sent it to two people even though I said otherwise in the message because upping chances of non-mafia getting the message. Given new info about Lucy being Desperado, I would suggest no-lynching tonight and seeing what happens. Currently on the phone with my mother and might be til after day-end, so I won't have much time to respond to things right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:09 pm 
krue wrote:
new info about Lucy being Desperado

Did I miss something?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:16 pm 
Also, about desperado reveals... Why would krue post Lucy's role info?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:17 pm 
Why would an experienced player reveal the role of another player? Desperado could conveniently get a mafia out of dying for a day or two.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:18 pm 
Derp, that would be me mixing info I got from PMs and the forum. I thought it had been revealed on the forum. Fuck, sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:22 pm 
*sigh* And this is what happens when I multitask. Well, it's not as bad as the one game where I accidentally cross-posted to the forum that I was mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:24 pm 
Yes except I'm dying at the end of today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 pm 
Lily is a giant sketchball

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 pm 
Due to the fact that I'm going to be on the phone with my mother for the foreseeable future tonight and the fact that I probably shouldn't be multitasking on the forums, I'm probably going to abstain from voting tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 pm 
Since we don't seem to have anyone generally agreed to be suspicious, we may as well lynch Lucy; either she's dying anyway, or she's lying and therefore probably mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:31 pm 
This is the most reasonable thing I've heard all day. I agree wholeheartedly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:32 pm 
^yesh. It helps us avoid the slim possibility of her not dying properly by herself tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 pm 
Wait lily just made a crazy power grab. If Lucy doesn't die, we know exactly who to lynch tomorrow. A number of players, including dgrazien before he died, have told me to be suspicious of Lily

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 pm 
If I don't die tonight then someone can tase me and lynch me tomorrow. I know for a fact that there is at least one taser at ET.

If Lily was sketched out by me claiming Desperado, then she could have simply asked me when exactly I was dying. If I claim tomorrow or the day after that then sure impeach me. It would take too long for me to verify my claim as Desperado. If I say I die tonight then you'll know for sure by the end of today if I'm town or not.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:37 pm 
I think this sounds quite reasonable - if we lynch her tonight, we have no way of knowing if she actually dies of desperado tonight! We would just see that she was lynched and that wouldn't tell us if she was innocent or not!

I think it's a bad idea to lynch Lucy tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 pm 
Okay, good point, we do lose information by lynching Lucy... It might indeed be best to just keep a taser at the ready. Sarah, if you still have yours, could you target it at Lucy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 pm 
(Sarah Pratt)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm 
We would waste a day of lynch votes. A shovel will give us the information.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 pm 
Why waste a shovel? Tasers are more common.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 pm 
Yes I can use it on Lucy. But fwiw, I originally gave mine to Lucy and she gave it back to me right after the meeting ended tonight, knowing she was going to die.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:43 pm 
Shovels can tell us the same information? Also we still can't tell with conscription cases?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:45 pm 
Wait, Sarah, you knew Lucy was going to die today as well? Ok, fine, let's just not lynch. Don't fill out the tazer until after day rolls over.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:46 pm 
Okay, giving back the taser makes it seem even more likely she's telling the truth, in which case we wouldn't need to use up a taser at all; let's go for No Lynch, and then we'll know Lucy's identity for sure without having to use up one of our two shovels. Conscription is an interesting point, but if we need to know that later on then we can use the shovel then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:49 pm 
I agree with you dukhovni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:50 pm 
Look, I'm really sorry about this whole mess.

People are saying that I should have realized Lucy was desperado and that she might be dying really soon, but I seriously had just not internalized/registered that Lucy might be desperado. Nobody had told me this beforehand, and the first I heard about it was krue saying so accidentally. I didn't place much weight on that because it was the first I had heard of it, and nobody was discussing it publicly. In retrospect, everything totally makes sense now that I'm more seriously considering that Lucy is desperado, but I really had not been convinced of that in any way (was anyone else, by just seeing Krue's accidental slip of the tongue??). If I had known that Lucy was a desperado about to die, I wouldn't have done it, but seriously guys, nobody told me and I had no good reason to act on the assumption that this was public knowledge.

If people are concerned about the sudden power grab, Aradhana and Santiago can confirm that they had been talking to me simultaneously, telling me to do it. I thought, based on the discussion that had apparently been going on at EC, that it was a generally agreed to be reasonable thing to do.

I would be glad to give my impeachment petition to someone else to hold onto, if people still distrust me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 pm 
Do not blame lily for this, She was pressured by a group of 4-ish people discussing the game. She wasn't madly grasping for power. If anything it was me aradhana and ellena.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:53 pm 
This could have been easily resolved.

I was also planning on using my shady contacts. Which would have been provably accurate because I started off as Desperado, something you'd all know by the end of today.

I have reason to suspect Lily, I think she could have easily prevented this by simply talking to me, and it would have been simple for her to figure out that I was planning on impeaching myself and electing Sarah in my place.

It's likely that even if a mafia did not begin at ET, one will eventually end up here. Since Daniel got killed, and I'm dying of Desperado at the end of the day, it's reasonable for me to assume that Lily's the mafia.

I think she needs to get lynched. or impeached at Day start.

She could still be a townie in which case no-lynch would be good. I was advocating no-lynch earlier precisely because I knew that a townie was already going to die at day end.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 pm 
I'd like to point out: Yesterday Lily sat in an Athena cluster, after posting her location publicly on the forum. Miraculously, she wasn't killed while being there alone. Even though 1) she was an easy target there 2) the mafia hadn't made any kills that day and 3) she's an experience player, who the mafia wouldn't want town to have.

Maybe it's coincidence? Maybe not.