Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Extension Rule
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:24 pm 
Anyone, please feel free to reply to the above question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 pm 
The extension rule applies only to administrative announcements. Events are considered to happen when the rules say they should, so a kill at 11:59PM will trigger the extension even if I announce it at 12:01 AM.

Also be aware that the new day still starts at midnight, so the Mafia are allowed to make a second kill at 12:01 AM.

So, rest assured that if a kill if made before midnight, you'll have a chance to react. The Investigator also may investigate that kill during the extension using the previous day's one-a-day allotment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30 pm 
Continuing my somewhat random thoughts, it is possible that the mafia consripted somebody today. However, I feel like that would be a very poor move on their part, since it would be more advantageous for them to wait for people to reveal or at least give evidence of their special roles.

Any thoughts?

Also, PLEASE announce your votes on the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:37 pm 
Thanks Alex.

OK, so that means it's less likely that the mafia are deliberately waiting until the last few minutes to make a kill, since we would still have time (though not much) to react.

And everybody, please post your intended votes (again, I advocate "no lynch.") There are less than 25 minutes left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:41 pm 
Is there a "random" person who looks suspicious just from what they posted (or lack of post)? A completely random lynching seems like it would hurt us since it's much more likely to kill off a Townsperson than Mafia. I'm also voting "no lynch" right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:41 pm 
It's 11:40. There are no announcments.

Send me your vote by midnight or it doesn't count. Send me a Private Message with subject "Day 1: Vote for X". You can do this under the Messages screen (click "You have N new messages" up top), clicking newpost, and choosing Alex for the username.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:43 pm 
I can think of another reason why there haven't been any mafia kills yet today, the mafia haven't been on campus for part or most of the day. They can't hire a hitman because that must be done at least 24 hours in advance and they again must be on campus in order to conscript a townsperson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:50 pm 
That's an interesting point; I didn't think of that. Impossible to jump to conclusions of course, but it would make sense that at least one or two of the mafia were not on campus today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:51 pm 
9 minutes left; if anybody is reading this please announce your vote publicly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:52 pm 
That is a possibility.
But then they could have used manip the presses or hired a hitman.
I sense it's highly probable they conscripted someone today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 pm 
To clarify, Manipulate the Presses does not silence an announcement; it only alters it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 pm 
Just read Hilary's comment.
Okay no hitman. Then they probably conscripted someone if there was a mafia on campus today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:56 pm 
To Alex:
I'm assuming if the mafia killed someone at like 6:30am and used manipulate the presses so that the kill occurred at like 11:59pm. It wouldn't be announced till then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:57 pm 
Perhaps, but like I said before wouldn't it make more sense for the mafia to save their conscript ability? Unless they tricked somebody into telling them their special role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:58 pm 
The functionality for Manipulate the Presses to change announcement time was removed after the first game. In now only changes location and mislead investigations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 pm 
And Nur, Hillary is their any reason why you're not announcing your votes on the forum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 pm 
Ah.
*blinks*
Erm....maybe the mafia are lazy??
PS am voting No lynch there's no practical decision at this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:01 am 
I'm going to wait for Alex's announcement of voting results, then I'm going to sleep (and I'm going to sleep in; I had a long plane ride)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:02 am 
I predict nobody got killed or lynched tonight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:03 am 
It's midnight. There have been no announcements. Votes are being tallied.

Edit: Spenser Skates (skates) posted a message here at 12:03 AM. I removed it immediately because I thought he posted it after he died, also at 12:03 AM. However, I was mistaken, and he posted it just before dying. Since I can't restore the post, the message was:
Skates wrote:
People who I've seen today:
JASON TRIGG 3:45 PM #366
Bianca #366

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 am 
I also voted no-lynch.
When you think about it though, (unless I missed something and it's against the rules for the mafia NOT to kill someone on any given day) it's actually a good strategy. Because we cannot now say for sure any of the kills are made by a mafia member instead of a townsperson they conscripted or a hitman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:09 am 
You're right. Because assuming we didn't lynch anybody, tomorrow will be just like day 1 except that we have less information about the abilities the mafia have left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:15 am 
OK, "no lynch won out" (though Irene cast a lone vote for VivianLee - voter intimidation possibly? She should explain herself tomorrow.)

I'm going to sleep now, and I plan on sleeping in.