Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:44 pm 
This really sounds like Bianca is mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm 
But if Jinxun is conscripted, then she might give Bianca the Medkit to save her from being lynched. So I think that we'll have to choose between those two.

OR it could all be one humungous diabolical plan between Bianca and Di to give Jinxun the axe if they've stolen the Medkit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:18 pm 
Medkits don't save people from lynching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:28 pm 
Just got up. Like I said, long plane flight yesterday.

Di, why did you wait for nearly two hours before posting about the failed assassination attempt. At any time Bianca could have realized you tricked her and come back and killed you for real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:38 pm 
this is weird... Bianca just told me she was Mafia and tried to kill me, and got confused when I told her someone had already died today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:50 pm 
I'm going over to the Student Center (1st floor) now. I will then be at Baker dining promptly at 5:30 p.m. I am wearing jeans and a navy blue jacket (with an MIT t-shirt underneath.) Also, I have dark hair and wear glasses.

Anybody and everybody, please come join me so we can have a real-time discussion about today's events.

Post subject: More on Bianca
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:27 pm 
At ~4:35, Bianca knocked on my door, tapped me on the shoulder, said 'bang'. I was informed that I was not in fact dead. Weird, again.
I did walk past Spencer's room yesterday, and the time he gave sounds about right to me.
I would guess Spencer didn't have time to write the time he saw Bianca because he was posting as he died...

Post subject: More:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 pm 
I would motion for lynching Bianca tonight, and given some suspicion cast on Jingxun, I would ask her to give up her medkit to someone else who seems less suspicious. Personally I would prefer the possession of that medkit to be more secretive so the mafia don't know who has it. Does anyone have thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:45 pm 
Bianca is PRETENDING to act as if she doesn't know the rules at all. After another talk with Bianca today, she simply told me that she hopes somebody else can take her role in this game and that she doesn't want to play the game anymore. Then, in front of my presence, she even went to Alex's (our game's moderator) room and asked Alex if Alex can find someone else to replace her. When Alex said no, she seemed a little bit frustrated.

I would vote to lynch Bianca tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:19 pm 
Yes, I agree that this situation regarding Bianca is a bit too suspicious. As of now, I'm planning to vote for her tonight. Sorry Bianca!

I agree with Jason that, if medkits are given away, their locations should be kept private. In other words, don't post here on this public forum if you have/give away a medkit. The mafia being able to predict who has or does not have a medkit could only benefit them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:53 pm 
I am also casting a vote for Bianca.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:29 pm 
Residence of Live Action Mafia participants:

alan: Next
Bianca: Next
Daniel Grazian: Simmons #252/East Campus (4E)
Di: Next
Hilary.Monaco: McCormick
Irene: ?
JasonTrigg: Next
Jingxun: ?
joy: ?
jy: ?
kluo: Next #205
Lauren: 4E of East Campus
Nur: McCormick
Skates (killed Day 2): Next #366
Stephanie: Burton Conner/East Campus
Steve! Levine!: Next #510
Steven: Next #538
uhhjj: ?
VivianLee: Next #523
Xuan: ?
Yi Zhang: Next

Can anybody add to this list? I'd like to make it comprehensive. Room numbers would also be nice.
Note: Irene, Jingxun, joy, jy, Lauren, uhhjj, Xuan, and Yi Zhang have yet to make a post. Are these people on campus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 pm 
no i wasn't trying to confuse her coz i really did think, by mistake, that you can't be killed in your room, and somehow she's convinced by me. Also, im not lying about the story. The senior guy next door (rm 553, i don't know his name tho), saw us when bianca did that, and bianca said hi to him (so i guess they r friends), also my other neighbors mgiht have heard us since i was screaming when bianca tried to pull me outside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:55 pm 
Steven didn't mention any screaming from when he saw Bianca leave Di's room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:00 pm 
The whole screaming thing might have happened before Bianca gave up and finally left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm 
Oh, and I'm preliminarily casting a vote for Bianca. Might change later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:08 pm 
: )) well...I actually did know the rules. You can look at Alex's room's wall to see the whole list of my victims muhaha . Be careful at my faithful clone Steve tough: )) And I also bag you guys, don't kill me, just sent me to an asylum I'm a peaceful Mafia :)) But it's interesting how people believe you if you say you're the Mafia, but they don't believe you if you say you're not :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:08 pm 
Screaming is a difficult thing to miss.
Btw, I'm also casting my vote for Bianca. If she wants out of the game I'm happy to oblige, but if she were mafia I wouldn't usually think she would be so eager to leave, but I don't know her myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 pm 
what puzzles me tough is why did Di tell me that I cannot kill her... hmmm... hint for next round :) Also, I don't think Jingxun is the Mafia, since she should have been as surprised as Di when I told her she is dead ( :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:16 pm 
Thank you Hilary :-D

The thing is that Steve D wanted to play in my place (and I think this is possible, I can lend him my glasses and buy him a wig). So that would mean more people (more chances for them to win) :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:41 pm 
Bianca, I didn't say u can't kill me, I said "u can't kill me in my room", and that is because i heard everyone saying that "i'm gonna stay in my room and be safe" so i thought we have such a rule of ppl can't be killed in their rooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:50 pm 
I can not kill you anyway Di : ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:50 pm 
Note that Jingxun can't be dead since she had the medkit. N y r u defending her especially?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:52 pm 
....this whole thing was epic fail. *headdesk*
Voting Bianca off the island.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:55 pm 
Hi everyone, I am Jingxun. Sorry for the late reply. Just finished cooking. So about yesterday:

1. About Bianca: Bianca DID tap on my shoulder before midnight yesterday (Day 1), and I was attempted to use the Med kit. But my Med kit is still valid. So I don't think Bianca is actually a Mafia because otherwise my Med kit would be gone...

2. About Di: Bianca told me that Di was scared after she attempted to tap her. Bianca wanted me to clarify with Di that she was playing with Di like she was playing with me. So I went with Bianca to Di's room and told her that Bianca played the same joke on me.

3. Steven Mo is a really experienced player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:07 pm 
I know that Jing cannot be killed. I knew that even before :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:07 pm 
I'm not SURE if bianca is the mafia, but she is acting very strangely and i feel that's the best bet. I'm going to vote for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:21 pm 
Daniel: I live in MacG D312 (I think it's in my profile...). I've been reading but I haven't said anything b/c I didn't really have anything constructive to contribute... >_<

As things stand now I'm just kind of confused... but either way I'm voting for Bianca since she said she didn't want to play anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:31 pm 
yeah i think bianca is really suspicious, too
and the fact that jingxun is on bianca's side is also very suspicious

maybe we gave the medkit to the mafia to start with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:34 pm 
To update the list that Daniel Started out with (very simple: I looked up on the MIT directory). Residence of Live Action Mafia participants:

alan: Next #570
Bianca: Next #565
Daniel Grazian: Simmons #252/East Campus (4E)
Di: Next #550
Hilary.Monaco: McCormick #431
Irene: Next #564
JasonTrigg: Next #571
Jingxun: Next #535
Joy: MacGregor D312
jy: Next #403
kluo: Next #205
Lauren: East Campus #B412
Nur: McCormick #413
Skates (killed Day 2): Next #366
Stephanie: BC #311A / East Campus