Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:38 pm 
Wait, is this a loophole in this game? Say that Bianca (or anybody else for that matter) who was a townsperson attempted to "kill" someone with a medkit. When that person subsequently learns that he/she still has his/her medkit, the first person has proven himself/herself not to be Mafia. Is this a break in the game that needs to be corrected?

Obviously this trick only works at the beginning of the day, when the mafia still have their kill for the day. Still, it seems like a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:42 pm 
Oh wow, that's a good point! It does sound like that. But, it kind of goes against the spirit of the game - people who are not mafia/vigilante should not "pretend" to be mafia and kill people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:55 pm 
Yes, players should not tap people on the shoulder and say *bang* if they don't have the power to kill or don't intend to use it. I was under the impression that Bianca did not actually tap Jing on the shoulder, so for consistency let's say that this is what happened. My apologies if I was wrong. It is unfair to "take back" kills or pretend to make impossible kills, so please don't do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:58 pm 
But at the same time faking being mafia is a useful tactic to get potentially incriminating information out of other people. Which is why I think that there needs to be some official errata made to the rules (which could be prohibiting this tactic.) Alex?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm 
Nevermind, I hadn't refreshed my screen yet to see Alex's response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:00 pm 
So, my friend Steven D. (Yi's roommate) wants to play the game if I don't get lynched tonight (townpersons=tpwnpersons-1 , in that case :-P ) So you can either vote for me, or vote for Steven later if you think that you did a mistake(which is not the case lolz). The thing is that I had a lot of fun by randomly bang-ing people :-)) ( anyways, Jason, looked really suspicious to me when I woke him to say bang...but again, I haven't spent a lot of time about thinking who can be the Mafia)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:01 pm 
So I suppose that whatever is going on, we're all voting Bianca off the island tonight.

I'd still like to hear from Irene as to why she voted for Vivian Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 pm 
I just talked to Irene (who said she's too tired to actively engage in this game) in person. She told me that the ONLY reason she voted for Vivian is because that she "felt like that Vivian talked the most in the Day 1 discussion." Believe it or not, I'm simply passing this information to the rest of townspeople.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:30 pm 
quick last note: "By great job, Di" I referred to the fact that she was the only one who knew that I was going to Spencer's room to see how BattleCode is going (he is in the same team with David) since I want to participate next year. May Steve be conscripted? (no kills in the first day remember?)
good night guys!

Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 pm 
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been confusing people. I could not check my e-mail yesterday for religious reasons, and I have been off-campus all day today. I have never played this before and did not realize that people would take the "No Lynch" thing seriously, so I felt like I had to vote for someone. I have no idea what is going on, but I am going to read the forum and try to figure things out.

Irene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:46 pm 
I'm confused about what u r saying bianca. I don't even know who spencer is. N I don't know about battlecode either. N since when have u told me that u r going to his room??? eh...-_-...r u just being funny or r u really bad at this game??

Post subject: Vote
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:49 pm 
Not voting for Bianca anymore - voting for Steven M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:52 pm 
why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:55 pm 
Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:58 pm 
Yeah, Jason. Why? I was almost convinced that Bianca was a real mafia who doesn't know the rules...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:59 pm 
Yes, Jason, what's your reason of voting me?

Post subject: Vote
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 am 
I don't have particularly strong evidence for Steven, but as of Jingxun's post of 9:55, I either need to believe that she is lying or that Bianca isn't mafia. I choose believing Jingxun, at least for now. I'm somewhat suspicious of everyone who posted after 9:55 and didn't talk about this. In particular, Steven has had it out for Bianca for a while.
That said, I'm not very confident, there's no way to change the vote in time, and Bianca will be dead for sure anyway. She is really making the game confusing, so hopefully things will be a little more sensible now....

Post subject: @Jingxun
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:02 am 
Jingxun:
Now I'm confused - I thought you said she tried to kill you on day 1 but the medkit didn't go off. Doesn't that mean Bianca isn't mafia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:05 am 
According to Alex (see above post) he was under the impression that Bianca did not make a kill attempt on Di and that that ruling stands for the purposes of this game.

Post subject: Talking about Jingxun
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:07 am 
I'm talking about Jingxun's post:
"1. About Bianca: Bianca DID tap on my shoulder before midnight yesterday (Day 1), and I was attempted to use the Med kit. But my Med kit is still valid. So I don't think Bianca is actually a Mafia because otherwise my Med kit would be gone... "
Alex said Bianca didn't tap Di's shoulder, but she tapped Jingxun's... (or possibly Jingxun is lying)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:13 am 
I agree that is strange, and at one point a couple hours ago I was considering starting a discussion about it, but I think Alex is saying that there may or may not have been a moderator foul-up in any of those instances; therefore I don't think we can safely draw conclusions from Bianca's actions (at least not without more information later.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:16 am 
At the time, neither Bianca nor Jingxun told me about Bianca "killing" Jingxun. I was in my room at the time (right across from Jingxun's), and only heard Bianca laugh hysterically and say to Jingxun she was kidding and did not actually do anything. Nothing was reported. Later in the evening, I asked Bianca and she said that Jingxun took out her Medkit and she did not tap Jingxun's shoulder. Apparently, Bianca actually did. However, so as not to retcon things, I'll make Bianca not tapping Jingxun's shoulder the official version of events.

Post subject: Ok
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:16 am 
@Daniel:
Point taken. I'm willing to wait for further clarification from Alex/Jingxun about this.