Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 pm 
Crud, I completely forgot about this yesterday. Sorry guys!

So, either Bianca was mafia/vigilante, or Nur is lying.
It's safe for Nur to lie because there are *two* Investigators.

What happened to lynching Steven (yesterday's second choice)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:52 pm 
1) It is true there are 2 investigators, so in theory it is "safe" for me to lie.
And there is no defense that I can give for that argument.

2) I believe that given the Bianca fiasco, the majority decided that it would be better to lynch her. Someone made a comment about Steven being an experienced player alluding to him being mafia. Thus there was talk of lynching him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:17 pm 
Stephanie, are you advocating lynching Steven?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:20 pm 
Nur, when did you get the affirmative about Bianca?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:21 pm 
At 7:59pm today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:21 pm 
I'm just a towns person, but if some of you do want to lynch me, feel free to cast your vote to Alex. Knowing that I might die, I already have a mini-report written, ready to post it to the whole group if I will be lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:26 pm 
@Daniel ("are you advocating lynching Steven?") - No, not really...sort of? I feel like we should lynch someone, and he's the only other person we discussed lynching. Hopefully when/if someone dies today, we'll have more evidence.

@Steven - Umm why not post it now? /slightly confused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:28 pm 
@ Stephanie: there are many useful information that cannot be revealed on this public forum because we, the towns people, do not want the mafia to know (for example, where's the med kit, who's the vigilante, etc.).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:30 pm 
Also, I have a mini plan/strategy to fight against the mafia that will be sent to a person I trust before I die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:35 pm 
No, as of right now I am not advocating lynching Steven. I see no more reason to distrust Steven than anybody else. Like Steven himself said in an earlier post (I think it was yesterday) the fact that he is an experienced/skilled player has no relation to the likelihood of him being mafia (except that he might be a more tempting conscription target.) And while yes he might be a very skilled mafia, he is much more likely to simply be a very skilled townsperson, one who we would not want to lose.

I am not saying that I trust Steven, but I do not distrust him anymore than I distrust anybody else; I do not want to lynch him simply because he is an experienced player (anymore than I want to be lynched because I am making the most posts!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:42 pm 
Does anybody have any reasons for lynching Steven?[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:44 pm 
@ Nur: do you know the second investigator or not? In other words, did Alex let the two investigators know each other or not at the beginning of the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:45 pm 
Alex didn't tell me who the 2nd investigator was.
And I still don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:00 pm 
Clarifying the syntax in my 9:35 post, I do not want to make a decision on one side or the other based solely on Steven's previous experience. And I would still rather go "no lynch" than to lynch somebody without good reason.

Every day the mafia go without killing somebody is an extra day that the investigators can use to make additional investigations (though there has been only one killing to investigate so far, this will probably not be the case for long) and for the townspeople to continue discussing the game and trying to get clues. Therefore, the onus is on the mafia to initiate the bloodbath.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:12 pm 
If there is no mafia kill soon, I certainly expect the other investigator to also inspect Bianca killing skates and tell us if Nur is lying...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:35 pm 
It's 10:30 PM and there are no announcements.

Also, the messages on my whiteboard were fake. Please stop writing on the whiteboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 pm 
I vote no lynch for now...unless somebody got killed within the next 90 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:47 pm 
I vote for no-lynch as of now. Also, maybe give control of one of the medkits to Nur if no inspector contradicts her in the near future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 pm 
imma vote for no lynch too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:08 pm 
I cast my vote for no lynch about an hour ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 pm 
i also put my vote in for no lynch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 pm 
I disagree about publicly giving a medkit to Nur. I feel that would make her too valuable and obvious of a conscription target, besides the fact that it would leave only one hidden medkit and the mafia would then be less likely to accidently kill somebody with a medkit.

Whoever has the medkits, if one of you do give yours to Nur (or anybody else for that matter) make sure you do it very privately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:18 pm 
I agreed with Daniel: whoever has the med kit now should set up private meeting with people whom you trust to eventually pass the med kit to one of our useful players. Do NOT discuss this matter publicly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:21 pm 
When I say control, I mean she (non-publicly) determines who gets to have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 pm 
I vote for no lynch, too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 pm 
I vote for no lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 pm 
if nothing happens yeah...no lynch. it's only mafia's loss and our gain to have an extra day of discussion, but i do want this game to be over reasonably soon tho...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 pm 
I vote for no-lynch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:52 pm 
No lynch as well