Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:02 am 
On Day 3, nobody was killed and nobody was lynched. Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 am 
if no one is killed, does that mean someone has been conscripted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:15 am 
Di, Jingxun, and anybody else who Bianca supposedly unsuccessfully attempted to kill:

Did she make any indication at all as to whether she was a mafia or a rogue vigilante (either conscripted or simply trying to be really annoying to her own team?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 am 
Hey all, just got back a little while ago.

I agree with most everything people have been saying. Some of my thoughts, in no particular order:
1.) The location of the medkits should indeed be kept private at all costs and never revealed publicly on this forum
2.) Whoever has the medkits should indeed be more daring in who they interview
3.) Nur is probably being honest about being being an inspector, since no one has refuted her. Hopefully she doesn't get killed, or worse - conscripted.
4.) Also, I see that some people were discussing lynching Steven. In his defense, I don't think he's mafia. I talked to him for a while last night, and his strategies seemed to be genuinely on the townspeople's side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:36 am 
Apologies for not voting yesterday, I got back home late.

In support of Steven: he's met with a LOT of us one-on-one, and he's currently one of the advocators to get this game really moving. If he were the Mafia, I would expect a lot of us would not be here to talk right now.

Daniel, from what I understand you and Jason and JJ went to Baker dining to discuss yesterday. Wanna give us any thoughts from that?

Also, there have been quite a few people who have only showed up on the forum to post a simple one-liner like, "I vote for no lynch." You guys have not given any explanations for your votes, and I find it personally suspicious that you jump on the bandwagon at last minute without any prior discussion, whether about your observations or ours. Off the top of my head I can think of JY and Joy who have done this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:39 am 
I will say, though, that JY saw me one-on-one Sunday afternoon in the TFL and did not attempt to kill me. Shortly after she arrived, though, Steven passed by and sat down, so I can't be too sure if she was just too scared to attempt anything after that.

Post subject: Something Funny
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:40 am 
In case anyone was wondering about Bianca's guilt, I got back to my room to find "Bang, You're Dead. Love, 565." written on my door. Very cute, Bianca. We got you now.

Irene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:45 am 
i havent been saying much on the forum because i dont think it's safe to be too opinionated publicly. I am more than happy to discuss with people privately.

Irene, this was from today? i thought dead people aren't suppose to do anything anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 am 
That was 2 days ago :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:50 am 
JY, at this point in the game, unless you hold a special role (on the side of the townspeople) or know of someone's special roles, there's no reason you shouldn't be publicly opinionated. For the most part, we're all in this together, and the more information you can offer the better, as long as you aren't setting yourself or anyone else up to be killed. I mean, many of the more "opinionated" people on the forum are definitely townspeople, and some of our statements have helped target members of the Mafia and gain more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 am 
well, as of now, i can't really provide any more information than what's already known. just like everyone else, i can't 100% prove that i'm not the mafia, but i can say that I'm not the mafia and i'm on the good side.
Also, i feel opinionated people or people who have been talking a lot are kind of suspicious because they might be mafias trying to figure out who have the special roles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:46 am 
Well I mean, the point of this forum is to discuss possible theories and speculations. Of course you're not obliged to put down every little thought or suspicion, but a little discussion never hurt anyone, right?

Quote:
i can't 100% prove that i'm not the mafia, but i can say that I'm not the mafia and i'm on the good side.

Well everyone can -say- they're not the Mafia, but isn't that what everyone says? You should come discuss with us a group sometime, we were traveling around Next House in a bunch earlier today. Has Steven "interviewed" you yet?

Quote:
Also, i feel opinionated people or people who have been talking a lot are kind of suspicious because they might be mafias trying to figure out who have the special roles.

Are you implying that you suspect people like me, Steven Mo, Steve Levine, Daniel, etc. of being Mafia? :o

(also, Irene, I think I sat at your table during recruitment, haha)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:07 am 
I talked a lot on the discussion forum; however, I talked EVEN MORE one-to-one with people in private discussion!!! I'm so bored....mafia, please, please, please, make your move and kill someone quickly!!!

It's definitely true that if I were the mafia, I will definitely kill off people successfully EVERY SINGLE DAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 am 
VivianLee wrote:
Well everyone can -say- they're not the Mafia, but isn't that what everyone says? You should come discuss with us a group sometime, we were traveling around Next House in a bunch earlier today. Has Steven "interviewed" you yet?

no he hasn't. I will try to join you guys tonight. It's just that I've been busy with my UROP everyday. I don't get back till almost 6 everyday and then I have hw and crap.
I'm in room 403 though. feel free to stop by any time at night.

Quote:
Are you implying that you suspect people like me, Steven Mo, Steve Levine, Daniel, etc. of being Mafia? :o

no i'm not. i'm just saying that you can't suspect people because they aren't talking much. same logic as you can't really suspect people just because they are talking a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:03 am 
Yeah, that's a good point. If Steven M. were mafia, people certainly would have been dying every day since he seems to be talking privately to a number of people! I'm fairly confident he's not mafia.

In fact, since most people playing the game live in Next House, it might be reasonable to assume that some of the Mafia do not live in Next, simply due to the fact that no one died yesterday. I'd think it would be fairly easy for a Nextie to kill another Nextie, but it would be much harder for someone else to given that they'd have to trek all the way over to Next. Therefore, I'll bet that at least some of the mafia don't live in Next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:04 am 
Also, I'll be around Next for most of the day today, and then tonight I'll be in 4-237 teaching a PHP class. Just don't kill me in the middle of teaching :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am 
VivianLee: we posted the major points of our discussion at Baker yesterday. In particular, we said that we could draw no conclusions about Bianca (not necessarily true anymore now that Nur has come out as investigator), that people with medkits should keep them secret but should also take advantage of them by being active in live action discussion, and that rotation of medkits is good to keep the mafia confused. Check our post from yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 am 
And I just got up and need to get ready really quickly for a 12:00 class. The class (7.391) lasts until 5:00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 am 
also, me, JJ and Daniel yesterday discussed that we should start to vote off the ppl that's not talking in order to force them to contribute. besides, a person may not talk b/c 1. he's not actively participating or 2. he's a mafia so he doesnt want to give out too much info and get caught in a contradiction. so either way, it will help to get the game moving. any opinion on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 am 
and of course, i think by contributing, ppl shouldnt js say i vote for blah. at least give a reason if that's all u gonna say during the whole game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:52 am 
@ Daniel: are you pre-med or Course-7-to-be? I took 7.391 exactly three years ago :) It's a fun class! Ask your 7.391 instructor if she still remembers me! Also, ask her if she think I will be a good mafia or not!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 pm 
@Yi: you have a good point.

Come on Mafia, please make a kill today so we can actually have something to discuss =(

Let's see, who do we have that's not in Next House?

Daniel Grazian: Simmons #252/East Campus (4E)
Hilary.Monaco: McCormick #431
Joy: MacGregor D312
Lauren: East Campus #B412
Nur: McCormick #413
Stephanie: BC #311A / East Campus

We are pretty confident that Nur is truthfully admitting to being investigator. (There's always a chance she's lying, since the Bianca/Skates kill was pretty obvious, but from discussion with her yesterday I fully believe she's on the townspeople side). Hilary lives in McCormick and walked over with Nur, so she can't possible be the Mafia until Nur is as well.

Daniel has talked a lot and would have had plenty of chance to kill off people while going to Baker dining with them, so I do not suspect him. Joy, I've heard, is also probably not Mafia (although you must admit she works until really late, which could explain why Mafia is too busy to kill?) I do not even know Stephanie or Lauren, but I do know I used to be in BC Porter Room practicing dance all the time (written in my signature), so if Lauren wanted to kill me, that could be very easily done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 pm 
Oh also, I'm attending a masterclass from 6-8pm tonight on campus (4-156) before resuming my normal schedule below (as seen in my signature), so feel free to stalk me if you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 pm 
I'm now in room 32-155, listening to a seminar! Mafia, please come to kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:59 pm 
lol some1 seems to be bored by the seminar. anyways, i shall be back to next around 6? but then i work late sometimes. i will go eat at baker before that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm 
hmm the experiments are taking kinda long today..
i probably won't be back till maybe 8 or even 9 T-T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm 
Sorry I haven't been contributing. I kind of get on at random times when I'm at lab (like now) to read what people wrote, but generally I don't have anything new to say so I dont.

Someone definitely got conscripted. The first day the mafia might have tried to actually kill Skates before Day 2 and missed 12 AM by a little bit. But right now it's definitely not to their advantage by not killing anyone.

I think targets for conscription are probably Nur or a person with the Medkits. They wouldn't target Steven because Steven is under suspicion (I really don't think he's mafia btw) and they want him as a buffer so real mafia don't get lynched.

I've been actually trying to come over to Next House more just to get into the midst of all the mafia action (... if any), but my experiments keep running late :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:19 pm 
@vivian: i dun think dan is mafia either. also i felt pretty safe eating dinner w dan and jason last night cuz even if one of them were mafia and kills, the remaining innocent person can make a clear accusation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:31 pm 
@joy: i think it's highly likely that someone got conscripted too. It's not entirely impossible that they conscripted someone on the first day cuz it seems they are not that organized and act w/out thinking (lol like bianca). so maybe we are looking at 3 mafias left rather than 2? (i'm assuming bianca is the real mafia which is most likely true.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:41 pm 
I'm going to Baker for dinner now. Would you all be interested in joining me and having a Mafia meetup to discuss plans and suspicions?