Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:29 am 
The murder drought continues. On Day 3, Jingxun was lynched by an angry and increasingly impatient mob. Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 am 
I only have one thing to say:
MAFIA, DO SOMETHING. SRSLY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:43 am 
Mafia, please conscript me!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:10 am 
Hey guys, I talked with Lauren on EC 4th east today and I'm pretty sure she's a townsperson with no special role. I'm posting this now because I just got back and figured it was best to post now (in case I die, or in case it seems suspicious posted at some other time? I dunno. More evidence is useful or smth)

so, in no particular order:
-She also had forgotten that mafia existed when we talked during EC stuff in the past (I've probably seen her every day)
-I just got back from spending ~5 hours with her the only other mafia player around. During this I definitely asked her to kill me if she was mafia, for the sake of a kill.
-She did not kill me, or think about it, when I endlessly teased her about killing me. She seemed to be thinking, "yeah yeah I wish I could but I can't, I'm not mafia...this is kinda boring/not very exciting"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:53 am 
She could very well be a conscripted Mafia who can't really do anything (Fraudster or Jesus), in which case she couldn't kill you nor really do anything (hence the "boring" statement). Sorry for my paranoia, I'm just making sure that we don't rule out any possibilities.

So let's see. From what I have so far:

Most likely MAFIA: Bianca (dead), Jingxun
SUSPICIOUS but I can't really tell: Daniel, Jason, Junyao, Katherine
Most likely INNOCENT: Alan, Di, Hilary, Nur, Spenser (dead), Stephanie, Steve, Steven, JJ, Vivian
Haven't posted enough to warrant anything: Irene, Joy, Lauren, Xuan, Yi

Has Xuan even posted anything?!

According to Di, Jingxun was walking down the hall one day telling someone that she didn't think they would be lynched as Mafia that day. Who has not been brought up as a target to be lynched yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 am 
To Vivian: The vast majority of the players have not been seriously targeted for lynching yet.

We haven't met extensively, and I don't live in Next house, so I don't blame you for having me on the potentially suspicious list. However, if I were mafia there would definitely have been more kills already. I have had plenty of opportunities to kill people without putting myself under suspicion, and I am getting irritated by the slow progress of the game as much as anybody else.

Also, I have met extensively with a number of people who I believe will vouch for me if necessary.

If you are anyone else is unconvinced, just send me a message (private message or over the forum) asking to meet with me. I am confident that I can persuade you of my innocence.

I am definitely not mafia.

The only reason I am even replying like this (because I don't see any reason for people to be suspicious of me) is that I was alarmed to see myself on such a short suspects list.

And now I have 7.391 lab in 68-074 until at least 4:30 or 5:00. Mafia, feel free to kill or conscript me there.

And I will be at Baker Dining again as soon as I get out of lab (hopefully when the dining hall opens at 5:30.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:49 pm 
hmm i agree with vivian's list except for the following:
1. why are jason and jy suspicious from your point of view?
i have some suspicion on jason because jinxun accused jason of being a potential mafia when i talked to her. but i dont see your reason of accusing jason. as for jy she is a little suspicious but i would like to hear why you think she is suspicious.

2. why is hilary on the most likely to be innocent list? I dont think she has contributed enough to the discussion for us to determine her innocence. unless u have another channel to determine that? and to my knowledge, she wasnt at that many group gathering/discussions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm 
Although I only met Dan in person briefly yesterday during the mafia game (real Mafia, that is), I feel pretty confident that he's probably innocent. I've gotten the impression that his comments on the forum are also strongly in favor of the townsperson, so I'd trust him as being innocent.

Mafia, please kill me as well! :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:52 pm 
Oh and if you're mafia and you would like to take me up on my offer to kill me, I'll probably be around Next most of the day, and I might to go Baker tonight for dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:47 pm 
1) Dear Mafia, Please kill me or conscript me.
This might require a hitman, since I live in McCormick. But in order to make this easier, I'll travel to Next House more frequently.
2) I can't really give a defense for Hilary other than,
a) we live in McCormick, thus she has many chances to kill me.
b) She knows my friends, thus potential hitmen.
c) We met Steven by a few days ago in Next House. So, if me and Hilary were mafia we could have killed him.

Yeah, that's about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:00 pm 
RE: Hilary
As I stated in either Day 4 or 3's discussion, if Hilary were Mafia she would have killed Nur off while they were walking from McCormick to Next. If it was the case that both were Mafia, then they would have killed off Steven (see Nur's above post). I am fairly convinced she is innocent.

RE: Junyao
Based on her reactions and some information from others (I don't want to disclose everything), she has been acting rather strangely jittery. We technically have rehearsal together today, so I can probably confirm her innocence later if it's true.

MAFIA, COME KILL ME. I'll be in the TFL 9-11pm tonight. Either playing the piano or dancing around. Srsly, it shouldn't be too hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:16 pm 
seriously mafia!!! i'm sooo borrrrrred!!!! mystery hunt is starting too gosh can u just make a killll????????
i'll be in hayden studying for my 18.02a test for the entire afternoon most likely. tho i dun want to be killed so soon but if u cant find other ppl alone come kill me and get the game going!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm 
Well since everyone is posting schedules...

now-4 : EC doing a pset
4-5 : 36-144
5-6 : Either Lobby 13 or 36 elevator lobby
6-6:30 : Shower (it would be so epic if you killed me here, I wouldn't even care)
6:30-8ish : Dinner with Harvey Mudd friend at Mary Chungs
8ish-midnight : Playing Mao in Next 5e with Alex and hopefully the rest of you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 pm 
I would like to post my support for Daniel's innocence. Also, I think the lack of mafia kills probably points towards people who haven't been doing much as the mafia. I think that not killing people is very poor play by the mafia, and I wouldn't expect it from people who are seriously playing the game.

For mafia: I'm in Stata basement for a while. (however I think I might be safe from them if townspeople are thinking of lynching me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:33 pm 
Hey Yi -
Can you explain/corroborate this from Jing's post last night? I don't really understand what she's saying...

"3) Yesterday night after I refused to give Steven the medkit, I talked to Yi and gave him the medkit. I thought that Yi and Steven were not that close so I might be able to get around and pass out the medkit to some townpeople. I am not sure about whether Yi was a town person, though I once believed it. When Steve asked me whether I still had the medkit, I of course said yes because Steven was watching us. But Steven asked me to take out the medkit to prove it. Of course that I couldn't take it out, because I had passed it to Yi. But then Steven said that the medkit had been successfully transporting to the "vilulantei" through the friend from his high school, Yi. I mean how the heck would Steven knew everything!! I dont' know whether Yi had told him or what. I mean Steve can prove what I had said. He was there with me too."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm 
Random thought, because I am definitely doing my pset and not thinking about mafia

Since Steven is so good at talking to people and knowing who is what, who does he think is mafia, or who has he not talked to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm 
kill meeee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:00 pm 
... and that's what I get for letting Bianca near my computer...

Post subject: In Lab Most of the Time
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:08 pm 
Hi Everyone,

For those of you who do not know, I am in lab from around 10am to around 6pm most days. I really like my lab, and I would be happy to talk to anyone about it who is interested in a computational biology UROP.

Irene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:19 pm 
@irene: woahhhh!! ur lab is taking urops?? do you need a potential course 20 and 18 freshman??? let's talk about it outside the game. gosh live action mafia is awesome if i get a urop from it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:34 pm 
steven have been trying to getting a medkit for the vigilante for a long time. so after i obtain my medkit, i passed on the medkit to the vilgilante under steven's guidance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 pm 
kk, so I am realy not the mafia. i'm just a towns person.
vivian, why are u suspecting me? other than the fact that i haven't been contributing much?
the fact that u r accusing me makes me feel u r the mafia because i know for sure that i'm not.

and seriously, mafia, kill someone already!!
i'm still at my UROP (building NE47 3rd floor)
then i will be at the CSC hot pot thing tonight at mccormick from 7 to whenever the food runs out? then i will be back at next for ADT at 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:43 pm 
Well, I thought that sometime things suppose to be kept private from this public discussion forum; however, since Yi already released the news, I will further confirm that yes, we (the town people) have successfully passed the med kit to the vigilante whose name shall be remained anonymous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:56 pm 
Ok, so here's my list (sorry, nobody is perfect, so I'm just trying my very best to classify this based on the many people I talked to):

99% confident to be INNOCENT: Alan, Di, Joy Hilary, JJ, Nur, Spenser (dead), Stephanie, Steve, Steven (me), Vivian, Yi

People I have vaguely any idea: Lauren, Xuan

People I'm still in the process of learning: Daniel, Jason

Potential "threat" on my list: Bianca (dead), Jingxun (dead), Katherine, Irene

My rule: Mafia's no killing is almost like town people's no lynching. No matter what or how much evidence we have, I think we should start to lynch a person everyday because it's definitely towards our advantage to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:58 pm 
But seriously mafia what are you doing? Not killing anybody day 1 made some sense; it made us unsure of whether you might have hired a hitman and/or conscripted somebody. But 3 days of no kills? Do something!

I am on 4E of East Campus right now, and I will be at Baker dining around 5:30. I'd like to continue meeting with people.

Kill me, kill somebody else, but make a move!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:17 pm 
@dan: it's already 3 days of no kill? woah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:53 pm 
hey steven, y don't i see my name anywhere on ur list of people u trust/suspect, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:29 pm 
Due to suspicious behaviour, I am nominating Katherine (kluo) to be lynched tonight. In addition to previous discussion (Day 4, I believe), I would like to point out that almost everyone who has posted on this forum has really wanted the game to move forward. We've all been pretty loudspoken about our schedules and our locations, even directly telling the Mafia to kill us. She is one of the only people who hasn't; instead, her 4 or so points were all in defense of herself and Jingxun because of our (mostly Steven's) suspicions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm 
@ JY: sorry, I missed your name, you are on my "still to be learned" list for now; we need to talk more because I still have very little evidence who you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:11 pm 
Still no kills yet today? I also think that the mafia is someone who has not been active in this game and/or not from next house. We should keep lynching people just to keep the game going, it's been too boring. I'll be going to TKD soon, and then back at next tonight.