Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:29 pm 
btw, if we cant decide who is the killer, we should consider lynching xuan. cuz she's not actively participating(never posted anything) and i talked to her and she doesnt really wanna play. she lives in next house 432 if you wanna confirm with her. she's a REALLY tall asian girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 pm 
Then it might be junior or senior who hired the hitman... it seems less likely a freshman would hire an '11, but of course they could have thought this out already. 30 min left! do we have any accusations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:35 pm 
Yes, I think lynching Xuan tonight is probably the best move because she didn't really contribute anything to the game at all, and that we know that continue to lynch a random person will give the best overall favor for the town people. Therefore, I also now want to vote to lynch for Xuan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 pm 
Steven, you previously had Irene and kluo as your top mafia suspects. And kluo was on the chopping block earlier today before Nur was killed (Vivian originally proposed that she be lynched and you seemed to agree.) Did something change that I'm not aware of? I imagine that a lot of talk is going on at Next house right now (I'm in my room at Simmons for the night.)

As of right now my vote that I cast for kluo earlier today has yet to be rescinded. Please announce on the forum if I (and the others not at Next) should change our votes.

Also, just like I was insisting on Day 1, I think everybody should post their votes publicly on the forum ahead of time. This method of ensuring accountability is important, especially when the result is in doubt.

Finally, if discussion important public discussion is occuring at Next, please post a summary on the forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 pm 
Sorry, I posted that before I saw your last post. I'm changing my vote to Xuan (but I'd still like to know why - or if - we are not targeting your earlier suspects?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 pm 
Once again I'll oblige if someone wants out of the game. At least Katherine has been contributing more but I don't necessarily agree that a freshman is less likely to ask a 2011. In fact I think asking another freshman would indicate more than ever that the mafia was a freshman. So I'm voting for Xuan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:47 pm 
Quote:
You know me. I would never kill anyone.

Irene, that is the weakest argument I have ever heard anyone give. Given some of the interactions that we've had, you're also on my suspects list now.

I will change my vote as well so that we ensure the general majority manages to successfully lynch Xuan. However, I am still in favour of lynching either Irene or Katherine tomorrow night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:48 pm 
yeah voting for xuan. i tried to talk to her like 3 times--each time she was just like "i dun care" lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 pm 
I'll jump on the Xuan bandwagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:54 pm 
Well Xuan is definitely a townsperson if she doesn't care at all.

I talked to JY downstairs and she said that she was framed because she posted that she was going to be in McCormick, so the mafia used intimidate the press. But from what everyone's saying it appears that they used hitman instead. I thought JY was decently convincing but then again I could be wrong.

On the other hand I just talked to Catherine and I hinted that I thought she was the mafia. She was a little flustered and perhaps a little too defensive--although that's not really good enough basis for any sort of accusation.

There was also just a discussion outside of Di's door about voting for Irene since she is in a good position to hire the hitman. So I might be changing my vote from Xuan to Irene, but I'll wait for the discussion to settle down first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:56 pm 
I voted for Irene, Katherine and Di just said they voted for Irene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 pm 
yeah voting for xuan. i tried to talk to her like 3 times--each time she was just like "i dun care" lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:57 pm 
OK everyone switch to IRENE

Short explanation since we only have 3 min left

-Stephanie said that Irene knew two people in McCormick who could be the hitman
-She's not here and she feels a burden: this only makes sense if she's mafia

Post subject: I Am NOT the Mafia
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:58 pm 
1. I am not the Mafia.

2. I am not seeing any evidence for who killed Nur. I do know her, but I have not hung out with anyone else from McCormick since I got back from break. I promise.

3. I think that voting for Xuan might make the most sense. I am going to think about it for another 3 minutes and then send in my vote.

4. I should be in my room (Next 564) or in the mini-lounge near my room for the rest of the night, if anyone wants to talk.

5. Mafia: Feel free to kill me. Just keep the game going. Please.

Irene

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:59 pm 
I don't know that the hitman was someone in McCormick, they could have been here for the hot pot same as JY. Also, Irene isn't the only person who knows people in McCormick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:01 am 
Just a point to make about the earlier discussion about the "class of 2011 hit man."

I don't think the class of the hitman can really give us a clue about who hired her. (Who the hitman actually was is quite a different matter. Even if we had reason to believe that members of a particular class were most likely to hire members of the class of 2011 (which I don't believe we do), the shirt could easily have been worn by somebody other than a member of the class of 2011.

I assume that anybody who had a good idea about the identity of the hitman would already have spoken up, but does anybody have any idea at all? We have from Hillary that she was a short Asian girl, but does anybody have any more information than that. In particular Steven, if your friends knew that she was a hitman, how can they not give any more information?

Anyway, I'm very glad that this game is finally getting interesting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:07 am 
Whoa! So is it Xuan or Irene? I think more people voted for Xuan (including me.) Too late to change anyway; it's past midnight.

In the future please post voting suggestions as much in advance of the midnight deadline as possible. It's not a problem this time, but last minute voting changes can be extremely dangerous, especially in the final rounds of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:10 am 
MAFIA conscript STEVEN MO!!! cuz if you do, he promised that he will give each of us 100 bucks :D:D

well, those of us who pinky promised w/him :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:17 am 
jy wrote:
MAFIA conscript STEVEN MO!!! cuz if you do, he promised that he will give each of us 100 bucks :D:D

well, those of us who pinky promised w/him :D

That's not allowed. No out-of-game promises.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:29 am 
Oops. In the final confusion I didn't end up voting. Sorry about that.