PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 am 
Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:50 am 
I say we kill Hilary next.
That's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:18 am 
Hillary's gone. I think there is a small chance this will end the game here. This would be awesome of the game ended here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:23 am 
By gone, I mean that I don't think anybody will argue against voting for her. I think there's a small chance that the game will be over with this, because I can't think of anybody left for whom the statement "If he/she were mafia more people would have died," wouldn't apply. Please somebody correct me if I am wrong; you may have figured out the next target for tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:49 am 
alan (Alan Leung) Next #570
Daniel Grazian (Daniel Grazian) Simmons #252
Di (Di Jin) Next #550
Hilary.Monaco (Hilary Monaco) McCormick #431
JasonTrigg (Jason Trigg) Next #571
joy (Joy Jiao) McGregor D312
jy (Junyao Song) Next #403
Lauren (Lauren Chai) East Campus #B412
Stephanie (Stephanie Schmit) Simmons (moved recently from BC)
Steve! Levine! (Steve Levine) Next #510
Steven (Steven Mo) Next #538
uhhjj (Jing Jian) Next #432
VivianLee (Vivian Lee) Next #523
Yi Zhang (Yi Zhang) Next #543

Thank you Steven for the dorm information.

I really think that if the remaining mafia was/were from Next House then people would have been killed. I know I'm not mafia and I have a hard time believing that Joy, who came to Table Mafia tonight, would be this apathetic to the live action mafia game.
I'm less sure about Lauren and Stephanie, but knowing them I really think that they would have killed people if they were mafia. This leaves Hillary, who I think is quite likely mafia. If the game does not end when we lynch Hillary, I think that the last mafia is probably a recent conscript.

Is there anybody else on this list who anybody could see as a chronic inactive mafia?
Also, is there anybody who has been absent from MIT for several days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:52 am 
And Hilary, sorry for mispelling your name; I just saw that it has one "l."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:07 am 
After last night I definitely believe that Daniel and Joy are both innocent. I started wondering if Alan could have been Mafia (well played, btw) but if he were, there would definitely have been more kills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:09 am 
Oh, update on my list:

Innocents:
Alan, Daniel, Di, Joy, Steven, Steven, JJ, myself, Yi

Meh:
Lauren, Stephanie

Suspicious:
Hilary, Jason, JY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:29 pm 
Hey Vivian -

Why do you trust JJ? I think she might be the person I distrust the most...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:47 pm 
I'm curious, then, why you trust her..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:13 pm 
Just a note: I've been helping with mystery hunt on the 4E/3E/2W East Campus team. Lauren has been sitting across from me for the past two hours and hasn't killed me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 pm 
As I'm on the chopping block I say this:

I am not mafia. I think the mafia are still in the game. I think there are still 2 remaining and maybe even 3.

We all think this game has been boring when actually it has been very smart. The mafia don't have to kill anyone because they are getting the townspeople to kill them for them. That way there's no suspicion of who was where when because the kill is obvious - the townspeople came to a consensus.

So if I die tonight, fine. I'm a victim of the game. And congratulations mafia, you outsmarted us just long enough. I hope the other townspeople stop turning on themselves and think about who has been suggesting the kills: Steven Mo and Vivian Lee and Daniel Grazien.

Steven: We all assume that because Steven trusts us, then we are safe. When did we decide to trust him? When he said he knew who the vigilante was? We have no proof. When he said 'I don't think you are mafia'? Anyone can say that. Especially with the confidence he does. Especially someone who is mafia. I think we only decided to trust him because he trusted us.

Daniel Grazien: His tune changed completely over the last day from when he said I was most certainly not mafia to suddenly I'm suspicious. Why? He hasn't even been over to Next House because of puzzle hunt to talk to apparntley Vivian who finds me suddenly very suspicious. Yes there are other ways of communication - but really Daniel - you've demanded proof and reasons for anything anyone's said or did on this forum from the first day. And now suddenly I'm suspicious with no evidence?

Vivian has been the most vocal of all of us on the forum. Because she's a towns person or because we think a mafia would never talk that much on the forum? That's the assumption we've been working under right? We've been lynching people who we think are mafia right?

Not really. We've been lynching people who 'aren't active in the game' but that didn't cause the mafia to change their strategy of not killing anyone!! It only helps them by evening the townsperson-mafia ratio.

The townspeople's goal is to kill those who we think are mafia. We have not succeeded at this. I myself am at fault too because twice I said I was happy to oblige to lynch people who weren't interested in the game. But think about what our goal really is as townspeople and ask yourself if killing off those who don't talk is really achieving that. Because the mafia aren't doing the killing this game: WE ARE.

We are being duped by smart mafia. If I die today good bye. I'm voting for Steven Mo. (Note not Vivian Lee who nominated me. - Which I don't even see why by the way - what made me suspicious?????? No reasons were given - are the rest of you just going to go along with that?!?!?!?)

So this is my plea to live. Let's go kill the real mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:59 pm 
In case there is any confusion, though I don't believe there is:

Of course there is no way for us to make absolute conclusions in a game like this where the mafia have been so inactive and elusive. The best evidence we have may have just been presented by Hilary herself:

"We all think this game has been boring when actually it has been very smart. The mafia don't have to kill anyone because they are getting the townspeople to kill them for them. That way there's no suspicion of who was where when because the kill is obvious - the townspeople came to a consensus."

I believe that everybody else in the game is simply irritated that the mafia haven't been killing anybody. If we were mafia we would have made the game go forward by killing people. The strategy of not killing anybody as mafia is ineffective strategy and, more importantly, makes the game a lot less fun for the rest of us.

I believe that one of two things will happen when we lynch Hilary. Either the game will be over or there will be only one mafia left, probably a recent conscript. If the latter is the case I think (and hope) that the murder drought will end and the new mafia member will begin killing people. Otherwise, we will need to continue to look for players who would be likely to be silent mafia.

Steven, Vivian, and myself would be killing people if we are mafia, and I believe this would also be true of most if not all the other players in the game. In this way the silence of the mafia has given us an easy method of vindicating ourselves. If the murder drought abates, we will need to reconsider our suspect list; otherwise we should continue to lynch those who would be most likely to be inactive mafia.

If anybody disagrees feel completely free to debate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:00 am 
If the vote is as I fear:

Hilary:
Vivian Lee
Steven Mo
Daniel Grazien

Steven Mo:
Hilary

Then I hope this mobilizes the rest of you who are not mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 am 
those are words Daniel. Not evidence. It confirms everything I said and the game continues just as the mafia have planned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:06 am 
The moral of this mafia game: Stop and Think. Don't follow the crowd.